The Longest Journey Forums  

Go Back   The Longest Journey Forums > Dreamfall > Stark

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 06:10 AM   #151
p12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks for the mods

Thanks for the mods. Do you have any other mods? I would be very happy if you post readme's for your mods and how to use them (I am just starting out with DreamFall - need to upgrade my PC).

p12345
p12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:13 AM   #152
p12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks for the mods

Thanks for the mods. I would be happy to read your mod readme's. I am just starting out with Dreamfall and still need to upgrade my PC to handle it. The box says I should have a 4.25 ghz cpu. Only have 3.2 right now. And video card might not have enough horsepower. The box says need 258 of video ram.

p12345
p12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:31 AM   #153
skribb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by p12345 View Post
Thanks for the mods. I would be happy to read your mod readme's. I am just starting out with Dreamfall and still need to upgrade my PC to handle it. The box says I should have a 4.25 ghz cpu. Only have 3.2 right now. And video card might not have enough horsepower. The box says need 258 of video ram.

p12345
Mine's got 2.2 GHZ and 128 megs of video memory and Dreamfall played flawlessly. I think you'll be fine

And as long as you use the new version of my mods (the ones compatible with grumbel's mod activator) you won't need any readmes! The process is very simple; just download a mod of your liking, place it in the mods folder and then start DFmodactivator, and click the install button.

How come you chose such a generic username by the way? I'm curious!
skribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #154
p12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks for the mods

I guess you could say my username is reflective of me - just a generic player. While I remain non-astounding I keep a low profile. You will understand when you see my upcoming braindead posts as I get started with the game.
p12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:17 AM   #155
skribb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by p12345 View Post
I guess you could say my username is reflective of me - just a generic player. While I remain non-astounding I keep a low profile. You will understand when you see my upcoming braindead posts as I get started with the game.
Right, well, I don't usually hang on this forum - I just subscribe to a few select threads - but I know what you mean.
skribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:10 PM   #156
Miral
Random Lurker
 
Miral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 5,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by p12345 View Post
Thanks for the mods. I would be happy to read your mod readme's. I am just starting out with Dreamfall and still need to upgrade my PC to handle it. The box says I should have a 4.25 ghz cpu. Only have 3.2 right now. And video card might not have enough horsepower. The box says need 258 of video ram.
Actually it's "Pentium 4 1.6GHz CPU". There's no such thing as a 4.25 GHz CPU, unless you overclock.
Miral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #157
microcyb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Grrr

I just need the pak files decompressed so I can modify Zoe.
Does any one have another option to decompile and recompile these pak files?

Error all over for dreamview.

Dreamview 1.0 event log
enumerating directx devices
initialize graphics : adapter 0,fullscreen False, pure True, shading True
graphic adapter info :
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
\\.\DISPLAY1
type Hardware format X8R8G8B8 stencil format D24X8 flags PureDevice, HardwareVertexProcessing
vertex shader v3.0
pixel shader v3.0
creating scene index
loading scene idx file
enumerating directx devices
initialize graphics : adapter 1,fullscreen False, pure True, shading True
graphic adapter info :
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
\\.\DISPLAY2
type Hardware format X8R8G8B8 stencil format D24X8 flags PureDevice, HardwareVertexProcessing
vertex shader v3.0
pixel shader v3.0
CRITICAL ERROR, terminating
excpt : The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
source : DreamView
stack : at DreamView.Scene.get_isReady()
at DreamView.MainForm.btImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
@member : get_isReady
microcyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:15 AM   #158
Miral
Random Lurker
 
Miral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 5,788
Sounds like you haven't installed the full DirectX managed runtimes. This isn't something that normally comes with the OS or with games, you have to go download and install it yourself.
Miral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #159
Seracen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6
Skin Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock View Post
I've been thinking that for a while now, but there's really nothing I myself can think of to mod. It's down to not-so-exciting stuff like a brown haired Zoe - Wooooo! (not)
I haven't started tinkering with the 3d mod software yet. I just went through the process of getting a new computer and all. I was considering getting in on the XBOX, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, too used to mouse and keyboard on these style games.

I was wondering, however, whether it's outside the realm of possibility to make costumes based on other content altogether (Zoe dressed as Chun Li anyone? Perhaps Kian dressed as Vader).

Again, I haven't tinkered with this stuff yet, so any suggestions for user friendly programs? More importantly, would such drastic mods be possible?

P.S.: I love these mods, esp the new Zoe! THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by Seracen; 09-27-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Seracen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:06 AM   #160
Seracen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6
Hmm, I think it'd be cool if April's pants weren't red, but rather black, or even matching to her cloak. Also, maybe have a hood pulled down about her shoulders. I love how she looks without the cape, but I can't help thinking that some bit of cloth about the shoulders (i.e. a rolled down hood) would look cool. Anyone with me on this one?
Seracen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:58 AM   #161
tock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seracen View Post
I was wondering, however, whether it's outside the realm of possibility to make costumes based on other content altogether (Zoe dressed as Chun Li anyone? Perhaps Kian dressed as Vader).
I guess in theory it's possible - now that there's the ability to export/import the 3D models in the latest DreamView, the models (containing the costumes) could be changed, and re-imported. Not sure how it'd go with the textures though...

But, I've got virtually no experience with 3D modelling...someone else here can probably answer this better than me.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seracen View Post
Hmm, I think it'd be cool if April's pants weren't red, but rather black, or even matching to her cloak. Also, maybe have a hood pulled down about her shoulders. I love how she looks without the cape, but I can't help thinking that some bit of cloth about the shoulders (i.e. a rolled down hood) would look cool. Anyone with me on this one?
Here's part one at least (not sure how you'd do the hood easily) - April's pants recoloured to match the rest of the outfit.

Preview: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking/april_pants.jpg
Mod: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking...blackpants.zip

EDIT 2:
That last small mod got me in the mood for doing something more. This is 'new look Zoe'. Basically, I recoloured her Casablanca outfit, blonde-ified her, and redid her eyebrows.

Preview: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking/new_zoe.jpg
Mod: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking...oe_newlook.rar

Last edited by tock; 09-28-2006 at 11:19 AM.
tock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #162
skribb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock View Post
EDIT 2:
That last small mod got me in the mood for doing something more. This is 'new look Zoe'. Basically, I recoloured her Casablanca outfit, blonde-ified her, and redid her eyebrows.

Preview: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking/new_zoe.jpg
Mod: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking...oe_newlook.rar
I think that all the blue is too much of a contrast. For me, it makes my eyes focus on the pants/top, and not her face. It's not that I don't like it, just a focus issue like I said. Maybe change the colour of her top to get a more "evened out" colour palette, so to speak?

Also to further answer Seracen's question; yes, it is possible, however you'd need some experience in 3D modeling, like tock said.
skribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:30 AM   #163
richie_b_97
Registered User
 
richie_b_97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by skribb View Post
it makes my eyes focus on the pants/top, and not her face.
Welcome to the male world

Just kidding, for all you lovely ladies reading this
richie_b_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #164
tock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Yeah, I wasn't really that happy with how it came out...especially looking at it now a day later :P. I knew sort of vaguely what I wanted it to look like, but couldn't quite get it to *work*. I think I changed too much with it perhaps, could have left more of the skin as-is.
tock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:38 AM   #165
Seracen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock View Post
I guess in theory it's possible - now that there's the ability to export/import the 3D models in the latest DreamView, the models (containing the costumes) could be changed, and re-imported. Not sure how it'd go with the textures though...

But, I've got virtually no experience with 3D modelling...someone else here can probably answer this better than me.

EDIT:


Here's part one at least (not sure how you'd do the hood easily) - April's pants recoloured to match the rest of the outfit.

Preview: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking/april_pants.jpg
Mod: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking...blackpants.zip

EDIT 2:
That last small mod got me in the mood for doing something more. This is 'new look Zoe'. Basically, I recoloured her Casablanca outfit, blonde-ified her, and redid her eyebrows.

Preview: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking/new_zoe.jpg
Mod: http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking...oe_newlook.rar
Rockin. That recolor on April's pants looks swanky. It's amazing how much cooler it looks.

Is Zoe's cultural origin that of India, Nepal, or something? My heritage lies in that area of the world, and I can't help thinking so does her's. So everytime I see Zoe with blonde hair, I keep thinking of the time my cousin bleached her hair accidentally (although it worked, somehow, provided her clothes didn't clash with her hair).

But I digress. I think a nifty contrast for the blue Zoe might be dark blue pants (I mean deep navy, almost black) with a sky blue top. I also wondered what Zoe might look all gothified...but that might be too much black...and depressing, haha.

Anyhoo, thanks again you guys. I really appreciate it.
Seracen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.