The Longest Journey Forums  

Go Back   The Longest Journey Forums > Dreamfall > The Winter

Old 04-23-2006, 01:46 AM   #1
Menolly

Multiple endings?

Was anyone able to do ANYTHING that affected the ending? I have hopes that if I made -every- right choice, then I would get a different ending... I heard that someone didn't put the Watilla back together. What did that do?? I'm also wondering if anyone was able to avoid getting arrested in Reza's house, or keep Brian from getting to the library.
Menolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
Luca

As far as I'm aware, there are no multiple endings. There weren't in the original, and there's no reason to believe there are now. There's really only one key point where any multiple endings appear that they'd occur, and that's when the Azadi assassin meets up with Scorpion... But no matter which way you try to take it, the outcome is the same.

You're welcome to keep trying to find multiple endings, but I think it's a waste of time.
Luca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:41 AM   #3
Hypersapien

Send a message via Yahoo to Hypersapien
Has anyone tried playing through the game without putting the purple gorilla thing back together? How does the last scene with Dr Chang go? And Zoe's last phone conversation with her father?
Hypersapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
Auras

Yeah, I did. In the last conversation with her father he said that he checked with Wonkers and that he said that she wasn't at home. So nothing really changed. I was surprised that he COULD check with Wonkers when actually he didn't have a brain.
Auras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #5
Auras

Quote from Ragnar's blog:
"My favourite little ‘Easter egg’, for example, is something that only happens at the very end if you did something at the very beginning."

From here

I wonder what he was reffering to. Was it this ?
Auras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
CrazyMutha29

Send a message via AIM to CrazyMutha29
Eavesdropping on the monks??

In another thread someone said at the very beginning they were able to eavesdrop on two monks talking saying they were going to 'cause the Undreaming by sending Brian to 'The Winter'... That might 'cause an additional part of the ending...
CrazyMutha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
Adagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auras
"My favourite little ‘Easter egg’, for example, is something that only happens at the very end if you did something at the very beginning."

It certainly wasn't the Wonker thing. I didn't put him together, but her father still says he checked in with him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
As far as I'm aware, there are no multiple endings. There weren't in the original, and there's no reason to believe there are now.
On the 'old' dreamfall site, it said something like "Three characters, three worlds, three endings"
But can't find it on the new site... I guess they just had to hurry the product, so they chose to get rid of it (it was delayed once, and they didn't want to delay it for a second time)
Adagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
talknerdy2me

God, I wish that there were multiple endings...the one I got made NO sense.

*spoiler*

At the end of TLJ, we see April as an old woman, talking to crow. And in the ending I got, she was dead and never came back. Did I miss some key part of a conversation or what?
Old 04-24-2006, 08:34 PM   #9
Hypersapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by talknerdy2me
God, I wish that there were multiple endings...the one I got made NO sense.

*spoiler*

At the end of TLJ, we see April as an old woman, talking to crow. And in the ending I got, she was dead and never came back. Did I miss some key part of a conversation or what?
There is a part 3 planned, and I for one don't believe that she is really dead. Remember that Kian's last name is 'Alvane' and in TLJ1, old April was called 'Lady Alvane'. Possibly as she fell from the walkway she was able to port herself somewhere where she could get medical attention.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #10
arbildog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersapien
There is a part 3 planned, and I for one don't believe that she is really dead. Remember that Kian's last name is 'Alvane' and in TLJ1, old April was called 'Lady Alvane'. Possibly as she fell from the walkway she was able to port herself somewhere where she could get medical attention.
Oh wow. I knew I had heard that last name before. I too feel that April cannot be dead, and now here's proof =)
arbildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
Gwyn

Hidden Video

Quote:

There is a video of Brian after you finsih the game and watching the credit.
* At the very beginning I eavesdrop on two monks talking saying they were going to 'cause the Undreaming by sending Brian to 'The Winter'
Gwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #12
Klade

Ya I never put wonkers back together either, I didn't know he could effect a conversation with Dr. Chang. I'm not sure what would have happened if he was there, but in my version she just talked with Zoe for a while before Zoe gave in and let herself be injected. Wonkers played no part of course.

At the end of the credits there is a message that repeats what the voodoo looking guy with the stick said. "The Undreaming is Unchained" and then there is a cut scene. The whole cut scene sorta speaks to the message thats on the new dreamfall site. "The future holds secrets only the past can reveal".

My biggest hope right now is that E3 will reveal plans by funcom to make a sequel. Cause if they don't complete it right now I plan to hunt them down to the end of my days ;-).
Klade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
Giske

Ragnar Tørnquist said he wanted to make a sequel and a prequel, however I dont see how you can do "just" a prequel with TLJ 3 since you left so many questions unanswered in Dreamfall.

Also, notice at the end of the clip after the credits that Cortez says "Time is a circle". Could it be that in TLJ3 we will come full circle and end up where we began in TLJ?

April was said to be the one that restored balanced only to break it later, she restored balanced in TLJ by making Gordon whole again, and in Dreamfall she brings about the breaking of the balance by refusing to help Zoë?

She is also a major cause for the conflict between the Azadi and the people of the Northlands (and unintentionally lead to the destruction of the rebel camp because Kian is following her and the Azadi following him in turn).

The phrase "The Undreaming has been unchained" might be because the White was attacked and removed/killed so that it was finally free. Remember she said she couldnt hear the other 3 of the kin and that the Undreaming wouldnt roam free until it got rid of the kin.

This is a bit jumbled up, but my mind is just racing with all of these questions
Giske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #14
Typhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyn
Quote:

There is a video of Brian after you finsih the game and watching the credit.
* At the very beginning I eavesdrop on two monks talking saying they were going to 'cause the Undreaming by sending Brian to 'The Winter'

Nope. I just finished my second run through of the game and eavesdropped on the monks at the beginning (I think you were refering to my post about that). It didn't change the ending at all.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:58 AM   #15
Hypersapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klade
Ya I never put wonkers back together either, I didn't know he could effect a conversation with Dr. Chang. I'm not sure what would have happened if he was there, but in my version she just talked with Zoe for a while before Zoe gave in and let herself be injected. Wonkers played no part of course.
If you put wonkers together again, after Chang gives Zoe the second injection (after the house scene) and says she can't afford to have Zoe wake up, Wonkers climbs up onto the bed and he and Chang exchange a few lines.