Thread: The Longest Journey updates pack

The Longest Journey updates pack

Hello

Today I would like to introduce you The Longest Journey updates pack. It contains:
    * official patches for --> 2CD or DVD 2003 re-release versions, 4 CD Norwegian Version, 4 CD Swedish Version
    * unofficial patches --> 4 CD FIX by jacmiszcz92 and Update for Modern PC's by xavdeman

4 CD FIX by jacmiszcz92 was designed for language versions which never received any official patches. So if you want to play the game in your language this fix is for you

NOTE: This patch has been tested on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Polish 4 CD edition, 1999 build 142. However there is big chance it can work with other versions like Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian or Czech.

FIX corrects most main game problems like:
    * crashing right after intro
    * very low performance right after startup
    * sound shuttering and speeches delays
    * temporary game freezes
    * ClearType comes back to work right after leaving the game
    * Windows compatibility mode isn't necessary to launch the game

Please read "INFO" and "! READ ME !" before using!

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/w8...TLJ+patches.7z

It's recommend to use latest 7-Zip to unpack this archive. http://www.7-zip.org/
    Last edited by jacmiszcz92; 11-04-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    jacmiszcz92

< Reserved for future use >
    jacmiszcz92

Experience

Have other people tried this yet (especially for other languages)? I'm considering using it for a Dutch 4 disk version of the game, but I want to be sure it works and is safe.
    Thank you

If you backup your files from root game directory (as requested in ! READ ME !) then you're safe.
    By adding Microsoft libraries (.dll files) you're fixing everything mentioned in first post.
    Settings in "Preferences.ini" are 'max details'. Also setting 'WorstcaseFrameRate=30' fixed sound issues.
    "configure.exe" comes from official patch 1.61. It's not really necessary but you can disable shadows using it.
    DX_Module.dll and W_module.dll are a little bit newer than in my 4CD version. You may revert back those two files to original ones if you find any issues.
    TLJ.bat sets the game affinity to only one CPU core which is not recommend so use it ONLY if the game doesn't work at all.

I didn't encounter any problems with my patch. The only one unfixed is some crashing the shipyard. I recommend to save the game as often as possible in this area. More info and possible workaround in ! READ ME ! file.
    Last edited by jacmiszcz92; 09-30-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    jacmiszcz92

thanks

Hey guys,

I own original The Longest Journey games (1999 and Dreamfall).

They are both English, but I would love to learn Norwegian language by playing this game.

If anyone could please share language packs I would be eternally grateful!!

Takker,

AJ