Thread: Cortez's been busy...

Cortez's been busy...

OK, it's probably been discussed an awful lot, hence a slight hesitation to post my ideas about the TLJ world. But nevertheless, I'd like to try this one out:

To state some facts (and presumptions) first
    We know that Faith and ZoŽ are sisters.
    We know that April's mother is the (old) White of the Draic Kin.
    It's been discussed a lot that Cortez is April's biological father.
    It's possible (and in my opinion very plausable) that Helena Chang is ZoŽ's mother.

Could it be that Cortez is the father of all three above? It would explain April's shifting powers (as she is a full descendant of both Draic Kin [one of Stark, one of Arcadia]) and the dreaming powers of ZoŽ and Faith (with Cortez and the human mother Helena Chang [?]) It would rule out Gabriel as the biological father of ZoŽ, though. Poor bastard's been cheated by his wife - it fits Helena Chang's description as cold and pragmatic.

Cortez being her father explains why ZoŽ (and earlier: Faith) had to be OD'd to fulfill whatever they are destined to do in Dreamfall Chapters in Arcadia. It's just that Faith got a little stuck in her fantasy, creating some kind of Storytime/Guardian's Realm in the timeless. Faith's pleads to ZoŽ were answered when Helena Chang sent ZoŽ with a stronger dose not to move to Arcadia as quickly as she did the two times before, to help her daughter being pushed through to Arcadia in order to find out what she caused her youngest daughter to be in with the "bug" she planted on ZoŽ to initially spy on her - come on, you've gotta know what's sabotaging your company! !-

Notice that Faith is around as old as when Cortez "disappeared" to help out April "learn" to shift when the time was there, causing Helena not knowing what to do with Faith, locking her up in the virtual reality chamber of St. Petersburg.
    It might explain why it was so hard for April to find Cortez earlier: he was busy with Faith as he didn't have someone as the father of ZoŽ to care for her, not trusting Helena with Faith (rightly so!). April could take care of herself in the time he wasn't there for her. He was only in Newport when April needed him there.
    Cortez couldn't do anything against Helena's mistreatings of Faith, because of the unknown result of his falling out with the Green, McAllen.

It may sound far off, but (as many other theories) could be true....or have I missed something? It does open up the Arcadian abilities of April, ZoŽ and Faith...

On a less serious sidenote, doesn't the vagabond get lonely? His last known visit was nearly 300 years ago with Brian Westhouse who "wasn't supposed to be there."
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2mg6nah.png
    Last edited by Nilaii; 03-31-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Unfinished sentences

Faith will not appear in Chapters. She is dead and her story is done. (That's the official word.)

And the rest of it is an interesting theory, but I don't think either of our protagonists are related to each other or to Cortez. I can't point at anything specific at the moment (except that I don't think April has the same ethnicity) but it doesn't feel right to me.

Keep right on speculating though -- that's what we do here.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your livesÖbe somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    Faith will not appear in Chapters. She is dead and her story is done. (That's the official word.)
    Missed that one. So far for involvement of Faith then

And the rest of it is an interesting theory, but I don't think either of our protagonists are related to each other or to Cortez. I can't point at anything specific at the moment (except that I don't think April has the same ethnicity) but it doesn't feel right to me.

Keep right on speculating though -- that's what we do here.
    I agree it to have a certain degree of absurdity, but it's not impossible. Note that Cortez doesn't have to give April that Latin ethnicity as he can take many forms as a Draic Kin
    Last edited by Nilaii; 03-31-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    I'm surprised Kian isn't on the list of the Red Dragon's children
    Wrong world. Unless Kian was Shifted shortly after birth. (Which isn't impossible -- I kinda suspect something similar might have happened to April.)
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your livesÖbe somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nilaii View Post
    On a less serious sidenote, doesn't the vagabond get lonely? His last known visit was nearly 300 years ago with Brian Westhouse who "wasn't supposed to be there."
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2mg6nah.png
    LOL

/10char

Somehow the thought of Cortez being April's dad sounds wrong. Not only that, but somewhat unnecessary. The White of the Kin, for all you know, could be asexual. :P

Besides, it's already been confirmed that Cortez doesn't Shift in the first game. He just has plenty of unmentioned informants that "whisper in his ear" to keep him updated. Not as creepy as it sounds once you get over the fact that the Draic Kin are in tune with the forces of Nature on a spiritual level...and maybe more.

McAllen is another matter, though. He said that he had to be forced to go to Arcadia himself to get the disc and the two Dragon's Eye jewels if not for April's importance to the four races and the Sentinel, but I've learned that what comes out of the villains' mouths can't always be trusted or considered reliable. For all we know, he was just cringing at the thought of having to do something that has zero probability of happening, esp. if McAllen can't Shift like Cortez.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    I kinda suspect that too, so that's why I'm saying... the divide doesn't pose THAT much of an obstacle.
    Not to Shifters and Dreamers. Kian turning out to be either one of those after the way Dreamfall dragged his character out is a bit of an asspull IMO.
    Last edited by Fizzlebee; 05-07-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    2032 Camaros = more fun than boys
    Triple-strength Raptures = mind-blowingly spectacular...and messy!