Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who didn't like Zoe?

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Nah, of course he's not a "cute guy I've just met", he's "a guy I've just met". ^..^

Why? she hasn't met him just a little while ago?
    "... and I put my life in serious risk and only survived because his instructions were pitch perfect."
    You really think this part is not 100x more important than time elapase? If a man watching over a woman's every step in a do-or-die (I mean, D-I-E, getting annihilated by a mindless sentry bot, shot by a guard, erased from the living, etc.) situation is not a serious emotional catalyser, then... well, then we may be living in different universes.

It just also places Zoe in the "I've been through some extreme with this guy, therefore I fall for him even though I know next to nothing about him" category. I demand a remake of TLJ in which April falls for Cortez, Crow and Burns Flipper at the same time. And we can safely assume Adrian fell for April, right?
    Ah, genuinely funny, and the funniness covers up the lack of argument power
    First off, falling for someone begins with physical chemistry, which can be present between Zoe and Damien, and also between April and Cortez, but with Crow and Flipper - I wouldn't credit it that much.
    Second, April did fell a bit for Cortez.
    Third, none of April's mentioned relations has the visceral intensity of what I was trying to get across above.

Absolutely. Go back to the list of people she managed to whine to in a week. Four of them in just half of a day, when she had more free time, she got a bit busier later, so... yeah.
    I do, and I yet to check what was up with the White, but the rest are passing mentions of the topic, prompted or half-prompted by questions. I think you're jumping to conclusions based on very little factual data - and the conclusions end up biased.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

evolutionary sleeper
    Oh yeah, a knight on a white horse. If Zoe did a damsel-in-distress thing, that doesn't add much to her. The real reason why she's getting hooked up with him is that she's desperately trying to forget her ex-boyfriend, whom she abandoned because she loved him too much. The worst of her, really, a lot worse than extroversion. And even with the catalyst, it was waaay too rushed.
    Neither character did any "thing" - no knight on white horse and no damsel in distress. They just drifted with the flow which was initiated by Zoe's perseverance to get to the bottom of the Reza case.
    I can't tell tell why those jumped at each others' genitalia after like one day, but that's hardly a world record. The scene itself wasn't very good, especially the music - although the images of Zoe after that did confirm that she was in dire need of a good screwing.

Wait, what are we talking about? Aren't you by any chance sidetracking the conversation, arguing with something I never said in the first place?

What? you don't feel the chemistry between April and Crow? Seriously? oO
    No, I have to admit it never occurred to me that those two need to be sexually involved.

A bit. A girl "drawn to mystery" with a million years old mysterious wise and (according to Emma) still good looking blue-eyed dragon with the sexiest voice EVER. Don't you dare compare him with that bland blondy-boy.
    You're saying this because you have a deep, complex (and charming ) personality, while Zoe is rather shallow (we've already established that). I think Damien was prototyped to be fallen for by a girl like Zoe.

I'm sorry, but Zoe met Damien, received his instructions and that was it. She was on her own, doing the thing. Just because the players had those flashbacks of him explaining what to do, doesn't mean she did. How was that much different from April and Cortez?
    That's nitpicking. She was on her own, OK, putting her life in peril multiple times with nothing to rely on but instructions by Damien. April did no such thing.

if you like to hear over and over again about girls' feelings, you're probably in luck, you won't have a problem finding your second half.
    Awww come now, you know better than personal remarks These usually make poor arguments anyway, especially in writing.

And the list - I already said that the list is a set of trivial conversation pieces, their importance blown way out of proportion. As I already challenged, tell me one case when Zoe was going on and on about her problems. She said a couple of sentences and that was it.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Can't we all just agree on the fact that Zoe is an amazing character? No? *hides in the shadows*
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

I demand a remake of TLJ in which April falls for Cortez, Crow and Burns Flipper at the same time.
    So basically you just want to add Flipper to the mix? Because the first two are already in the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    No, I have to admit it never occurred to me that those two need to be sexually involved.
    Falling for someone does not need to be sexual in nature.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    So basically you just want to add Flipper to the mix? Because the first two are already in the original game.
    Flipper is dead. TOTALLY DEAD.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldsReunited View Post
    Flipper is dead. TOTALLY DEAD.
    She was talking about a remake, though. So he wouldn't be dead YET.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

evolutionary sleeper
    Falling for someone does not need to be sexual in nature.
    Correct, but it was brought up as parallel to the Zoe-Reza entanglement, which was rather sexual in nature.

She was talking about a remake, though. So he wouldn't be dead YET.
    Remake will NEVER happen acording to Ragnar. So yeah... still totally dead.

Remake will NEVER happen acording to Ragnar. So yeah... still totally dead.
    I know that. She knows that. That wasn't the point.

<---- (the joke)
    (your head)

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...amfall/c8t0vm2
    O MY GOD! Ragnar said that Dreamfall Chapters will have an Arcedian character coming to Stark!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...amfall/c8t0vm2
    O MY GOD! Ragnar said that Dreamfall Chapters will have an Arcedian character coming to Stark!!!
    Most likely Kian, I'd say. Would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvara4ever View Post
    Most likely Kian, I'd say. Would be pretty cool.
    I think Kian would kinda make a horrible shifter. He has trouble accepting the magic in Arcedia so how could he possibly accept the science of Stark?

I just feel like this kinda thing is always so cliche... Fantasy character sees a car coughs very badly and wondering what the hell that Dragon-like thing on wheels was. (you get the idea) I'm sure RTG can do a lot better than that though.

Dreamworld Member
    Hey, let's think outside the box. Ragnar could possibly put a non-human Arcadian in Stark.
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -Zoë Castillo
    --

Quote Originally Posted by FohxMe View Post
    Hey, let's think outside the box. Ragnar could possibly put a non-human Arcadian in Stark.
    Tobias told April that the Magicals would not be able to survive in Stark. Thus it must be a human.

I think Kian would kinda make a horrible shifter. He has trouble accepting the magic in Arcedia so how could he possibly accept the science of Stark?

I just feel like this kinda thing is always so cliche... Fantasy character sees a car coughs very badly and wondering what the hell that Dragon-like thing on wheels was. (you get the idea) I'm sure RTG can do a lot better than that though.
    Well, people in Marcuria seemed to believe in the Balance and the existence of Stark when April first shifted, so I'm guessing that they actually wouldn't have so much trouble coping with reality as a true Starkian skeptic - whose first thought would be a) this is a dream, b) this is a movie set, c) I've gone insane. But yeah, still, they would take a long time to adapt.

And if we are talking about Azadi, they might even consider the existence of Stark as some sort of blasphemy. It was never really mentioned, was it?