Thread: Game manual

Game manual

Is it common for games to have regular and expanded manual versions?Because i honestly don't remember seeing such a thing before.

Recent trends are for games to not have manuals at all. But in Ye Olde Times you'd sometimes get a game that had a Special Edition or something with an extra lorebook or larger lore section in the manual. Or sometimes a mini-hint-book or similar.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Oh..ok.I didn't know.I learned just yesterday that the boxed games' manual contains more lore,pictures etc than the digital's and,to be frank,it pissed me off.I guess after all the bull...t of the infamous update 24,every little thing irritates me now.Otherwise,maybe i wouldn't have paid much thought to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    But in Ye Olde Times you'd sometimes get a game that had a Special Edition or something with an extra lorebook or larger lore section in the manual. Or sometimes a mini-hint-book or similar.
    I also remember a time when it was rare for a game not to come in a giant box with a full manual as well as extra stuff like printed maps (often enough on cloth), keychains or other trinkets. This was before they invented special editions to charge extra for things that used to be normal

Boxed is a luxury these days.
    :OutATime: