Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TLJH-Thoughts?

TLJH-Thoughts?

So, I take everyone would be very very excited over this? I know I am. I so hope that even if we do not reach the goal in the Kickstarter, they should pursue it as the next project still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

I don't have a home to go back to.

Actually we are saying another Kickstarter but that can't and shouldn't be before Dreamfall Chapters because A. Kickstarter funding fatigue. Not everyone will be able to afford. B. Again fatigue related, people will perceive two Kickstarters as too desperate for a company to do (especially the new comers) and C. I think a successful product might really increase their success for the next Kickstarter.

Ideally, a company should be able to sustain itself through the sales and fund its own next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    So, I take everyone would be very very excited over this? I know I am. I so hope that even if we do not reach the goal in the Kickstarter, they should pursue it as the next project still.
    They will pursue it as the next project in any case. Check this sentence:
    "And if we reach the two million dollar mark, we can greenlight the pre-production on The Longest Journey Home, and get ready to make that game next."

To me, it means that the 2M is an enabler for TLJH, not a funding target. Which also means that current pledgers will NOT automatically get that game as part of the current pledge.
    It's actually kind of logical, but it may cause some ill feelings.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

TLJ, was a finished chapter. Like the old lady in the mystery room, said: There are a lot of stories about the balance. And April is ALWAYS right.... (smile).

Now I am wondering how the Dreamfall Chapters will be. Maybe thatīs enough, for now. I really hope that I do not have to buy a new PC to play the new game.

I really hope we reach the 2 million mark. I would love to see the entirety of April's story in a true point and click game. That would be awesome.

Also, they will try to get it out even if they don't make it. Read the update by redthreadgames. Lot's of good info.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    Also, they will try to get it out even if they don't make it. Read the update by redthreadgames. Lot's of good info.
    That's a good statement. One day late, but far from too late.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

good info. i hav mixed feelings. with dreamfall i remember reading that they were trying to push adventure games into the 3d era. but everything repeats i suppose. since tablets are so widely popular now the 2d point and click is coming back? well actually touch screen so there isn't really any pointing? just clicking.

i'm excited for the story and the return to the games roots. but i also feel like we're not making progress. that we're stepping backwards

also the hand painted scenery sounds and will look awsome but that also means it will be stuck to this generation. it was one of the problems they cited with remaking TLJ for higher resolution (even HD). because it was hand drawn there was no way to upscale it to newer screens.
    The days of our youth are fleeting; lets live without regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
    also the hand painted scenery sounds and will look awsome but that also means it will be stuck to this generation. it was one of the problems they cited with remaking TLJ for higher resolution (even HD). because it was hand drawn there was no way to upscale it to newer screens.
    Not really. The problem with TLJ isn't that they used hand drawn backgrounds, it's that they lost the originals. Thus we only have the 640x480 resolution ones from the game. With this game they will likely include much, much higher resolution backgrounds, which are downscaled to the resolution of the users monitor.

Also I don't really see it as a "step backwards". If someone writes a good epic book now, it'd still be a good book. Even if that style was invented like 3000 years ago.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Dreamworld Member
    I've been absent for over a week... I don't have the time or patience to even look into what TLJH actually is What is it guys? Summarize! Or send me a link to something
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -Zoë Castillo
    --

Welcome back! Here's a GameSpot article: http://m.gamespot.com/features/takin...-home-6404653/

I also did a short thing on the wiki.

When I saw the article...

I actually fell to my knees in shock, gazed up at the bleak morning sky, and asked God for a cup of coffee because I was probably dreaming. In retrospect, I was beginning to think I had to put the pieces of the puzzle together myself in some vain attempt to understand what caused April's dramatic personality change--or maybe not so dramatic. Thank you, Tornquist. Maybe now I won't have to come over to your house and brick you for writing April off as an embittered Ibarra cut-out. Drop Zoe for a minute. Savior of the Worlds needs her closure with her beloved fans first before we get with DFC.

I'll definitely be playing this game firsties before picking up DFC or I'll have to skin a Banda for winter money! JK
    2032 Camaros = more fun than boys
    Triple-strength Raptures = mind-blowingly spectacular...and messy!

Quite a article they have given in gamespot.

Quote Originally Posted by stanletmontena View Post
    Quite a article they have given in gamespot.
    Welcome to the forums. But was all that necroposting really necessary? Really?
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"