Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1,750,000 stretch goal

1,750,000 stretch goal

has anyone made a suggestion?

or has anyone seen a good suggestion?

the update said they will put there nomination up after the weekend (on monday).
    The days of our youth are fleeting; lets live without regrets.

I know, I'm finding it hard to think of something too.

Watillas for everyone.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Someone who isn't an inappropriately dressed 10 year old conclusively tells April whether she's a Draic Kin or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    Watillas for everyone.
    I back that idea up, anytime. LOL
    Yeees, they are neat. Do not forget the spare parts :-)

I honestly can't come up with a good one. We will see.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

2m 2m 2m 2m 2m 2m 2m 2m 2m 2m

$-.-$

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Actually, no. No $2 ml. That way there will be more time before pre-production of TLJH, and more chance for us to bully them to changing their minds about 2.5D >..>
    Well, that's a positive attitude. I should learn from you. Except that... Well, I do like the 2.5D idea. But whatever, it's the attitude that counts

evolutionary sleeper
    Yes, learn about the attitude. And the ideas as well. As I've mentioned somewhere recently, I want TLJH to show me the War of the Balance, the merging of the twin worlds, how April became a rebel leader, how she cracked the first skull etc. And i prefer to watch this all in 3D, thanks.
    while I also waaaaaant to see all these, it's probably more than one single game can carry.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Yes, learn about the attitude. And the ideas as well. As I've mentioned somewhere recently, I want TLJH to show me the War of the Balance, the merging of the twin worlds, how April became a rebel leader, how she cracked the first skull etc. And i prefer to watch this all in 3D, thanks.
    I can see how the skull cracking would look cooler in 3D

BTW, returning to the original topic, I suggested for the strech goal more interaction with Wonkers - everything that we couldn't do as Zoe in Dreamfall because she was depressed, pretty much: playing games, checking the news, and whatever they can come up with. I hope I'm not the only one who felt like there was a lot missing there...?
    Last edited by Silvara4ever; 03-03-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Pretty much anything they can do to Crow, unless it harms him or kills him. Also, Crow plushies.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvara4ever View Post
    BTW, returning to the original topic, I suggested for the strech goal more interaction with Wonkers - everything that we couldn't do as Zoe in Dreamfall because she was depressed, pretty much: playing games, checking the news, and whatever they can come up with. I hope I'm not the only one who felt like there was a lot missing there...?
    Oh, that's actually a pretty good idea.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

evolutionary sleeper
    Why's that? oO
    the TLJ universe is about detail in a large part (for me, at least). the topics you mentioned all deserve proper exploration - and also weighty dramatic arcs. both previous games have been much narrower in scope - that's why I think it wouldn't work to cram all this in a fourth one.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

I have a small problem with some of the goals. We still don't know anything about the new heroine. And at this point I am not even sure if a new heroine is needed.

We also learned that April survived without really learning much. ( okay we always knew this but right now it feels extra pointless)

Quote Originally Posted by Profc View Post
    I have a small problem with some of the goals. We still don't know anything about the new heroine. And at this point I am not even sure if a new heroine is needed.

We also learned that April survived without really learning much. ( okay we always knew this but right now it feels extra pointless)
    I'm not sure what this has to do with the goals. RTG never said they were going to reveal the whole story during the KS -- that'd just be silly.

Additionally, I'm fairly sure that Ragnar said that he'd reveal the second playable character some time during the KS (or maybe slightly after? .. this remains officially unrevealed but it seems likely to be Kian) but that the new heroine wouldn't be revealed until the game actually launched. Just like IIRC we didn't know anything about Zoe until DF launched.

As for whether one is "needed" -- probably not, no. But given the length of time between the games, there are going to be quite a few people playing DFC with rusty memories or after never playing the previous games -- and it's easier to ease someone into an established universe through the eyes of a new character.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"