Thread: Can I play the game without using disc 1?

Can I play the game without using disc 1?

I'm going on a long vacation, long journey you might say and I'm taking my laptop and plan to play this game from start to finish! I have the original game which is installed but I would rather not take the disc because I don't want to lose it.. Is there a file I could copy or something? Thank you for any help!

I have the original 6 disc game and tried to make a backup disc to use but it tells me I need the original..

Yes, there is an official patch for the US edition of Dreamfall that completely removes DRM.
    You can get it here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_20537.shtml
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    Yes, there is an official patch for the US edition of Dreamfall that completely removes DRM.
    You can get it here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_20537.shtml
    Thank you so much! I also have the European one disc edition!

Thank you so much, it worked!

I have one more question while I'm nagging you.. Even when I put the aspect ratio to 16:9 it still appears as a square on my screen, it doesn't take up the entire screen, its like a 4:3 movie in letterbox no matter how I set it.. This is no big deal, I can play the game like that but if its easy to fix, I might as well.. I have Windows 8!

Quote Originally Posted by aaliyoda View Post
    Thank you so much, it worked!

I have one more question while I'm nagging you.. Even when I put the aspect ratio to 16:9 it still appears as a square on my screen, it doesn't take up the entire screen, its like a 4:3 movie in letterbox no matter how I set it.. This is no big deal, I can play the game like that but if its easy to fix, I might as well.. I have Windows 8!
    Glad it worked

Changing the aspect ratio in the game only changes the UI, it doesn't change the aspect ratio of what is sent to the screen. For that you need to make sure the resolution is the native resolution of your display. The resolution is the option below the aspect ratio. If you just increase it until it stops going up, that should be right.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.