Thread: Setup on Windows 7 x64

Unhappy Setup on Windows 7 x64

I am trying to install the 4-CD version on 64-bit Windows 7 but after showing the message "Installshield Wizard getting setup ready" it stops and no installation is happening!

Any suggestion?

LL

I've been searching though the forums for solutions to similar problems.

First thing to try is to run the setup in with administrator priviledges. Just right-click on the setup.exe and click "Run as Administrator".

If that didn't work, this post offered a strange solution. But try it out, don't have anything to lose.

And if neither of those work out, this post offers a rather complicated work around.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

my advice would be to contact a member on the technet forums on the microsoft website. to me this sounds a lot like an installshield error rather than the actual game causing a problem. I would install anything to do with the following from microsoft:

all .net frameworks - 1.0 to 4.0
    all c++ visual studio versions 2005, 2008 2020 and 2012 (make sure you choose the version that is the same as your windows version) eg: 32 bit or 64 bit. there are only two.
    msxml versions same as above -> 32 or 64 bit.
    sql server's 2008 and 2012
    xna 1.0 to 4.0
    visual studio express 2008 and 2010(if you can find it anymore.

other solutions include unistalling everything without reloading windows and try installing with minimal programs, sound and graphics drivers etc.

worst case scenario guaranteed to work - reinstall windows offline.
    :OutATime: