Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Zoe's new design

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvara4ever View Post
    Did I get it right this time?
    Yep, and with some good points
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Yeah and I also installed a filter between your brain and your mouth so that you no longer whine about your psychological problems to every single person you meet on during your adventure
    I still whine...

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Filter can't hold everything. But it will hold enough, you'll see.
    how will i know what to do with all the items i gather if she doesn't tell me
    The days of our youth are fleeting; lets live without regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    Her Indian descendant roots seemed to have disappeared in this new iteration.
    According to Ragnar TÝrnquist himself she is "Half-Chinese, half-Spanish".
    Right after that he repeats his co-writer Dag Scheve: "But if you really must know she's part South American and part Eurasian. So, you see, the two of US don't even agree!"
    Retodon8
    Sheep happens!

I haven't read through the rest of the thread but since this is about her new look I will just give my two cents.

It's not a good move. The team didn't change their art style so why change an estabished characters design? Though they did something similar with April as she moved from the first to the second game. That change however was not as strong, she still vaguely resembled the original (though more goth). This new Zoe I thought it was a new main character. I am hoping that they might at least consider reverting a little to how she was. She looks far more anorexic then she did before it's a tad scary.

Quote Originally Posted by arajuna View Post
    It's not a good move. The team didn't change their art style so why change an estabished characters design? Though they did something similar with April as she moved from the first to the second game. That change however was not as strong, she still vaguely resembled the original (though more goth). This new Zoe I thought it was a new main character. I am hoping that they might at least consider reverting a little to how she was. She looks far more anorexic then she did before it's a tad scary.
    Actually, in this case I recognized Zoe right away as soon as I saw the first picture. I was shocked, and wondering 'could it really be her?', but still, I thought of her first. With April in Dreamfall, I didn't recognize her at all until someone said her name, and even then I was like 'is this for real??'.

Also... Anorexic? Seriously? I thought that Zoe was pretty well proportioned, for ONCE. As in, not the anime type, not the barbie type, nor the old Lara Croft type. She was pretty and athletic, but 'normal', all things considered.

And... Half Spanish, half Chinese with a British accent. Wow. That's... Rare.

Also... Anorexic? Seriously? I thought that Zoe was pretty well proportioned, for ONCE. As in, not the anime type, not the barbie type, nor the old Lara Croft type. She was pretty and athletic, but 'normal', all things considered.

And... Half Spanish, half Chinese with a British accent. Wow. That's... Rare.
    Well I just meant her face a was little more gaunt. In dreamfall she had a rounder face and softer features. She just looked a lot more unhealthy than her previous rendition. I admit anorexic was taking it a bit far.

Is Casillo a spanish last name? I always thought it was Italian. Though in my defense they are similar languages I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by arajuna View Post
    Is Casillo a spanish last name? I always thought it was Italian. Though in my defense they are similar languages I suppose
    Castillo is Spanish. Also, the way she pronounces it is Spanish (with the "ll" instead of a long "l"). The Italian equivalent would be "Castello", pronounced "castelo" (with a long "l").

Also, the father is called Gabriel, and pronounced in Spanish, as in with an ɑː instead of an eɪ in the "Ga" and with the accent in the "briel". (Sorry if the phonetic symbols are not correct, I'm not an expert in the matter.)

Castillo is Spanish. Also, the way she pronounces it is Spanish (with the "ll" instead of a long "l"). The Italian equivalent would be "Castello", pronounced "castelo" (with a long "l").

Also, the father is called Gabriel, and pronounced in Spanish, as in with an ɑː instead of an eɪ in the "Ga" and with the accent in the "briel". (Sorry if the phonetic symbols are not correct, I'm not an expert in the matter.)
    Ah, I see, thankyou. See I have had more exposure to the Italian language than to Spanish so I just automatically assumed.

You're absolutely right, but in case anyone cares about the phonetic symbols, they should be:
    In Spanish: /gabr'iel/
    In English: /'geɪbri:əl/

Quote Originally Posted by Barentity View Post
    You're absolutely right, but in case anyone cares about the phonetic symbols, they should be:
    In Spanish: /gabr'iel/
    In English: /'geɪbri:əl/
    Thank you! I do care

I think the reason I have a different view on April was because I bought the game of the year edition of Dreamfall when I first got into the series, and also looked at things about the game so I knew that design of April from various screenshots I saw. I still played the longest journey first however.

I did not like the new design of Zoe. First, do not believe it, thought it was a joke failed. Not to understand why it was a very nice person to spoil the character. The result was some anorexic Neanderthal. Really looking forward to the continuation of the game, but with a change in the appearance of the character, such as decreased desire to play. Until later returned to the normal person.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jontonic View Post
    I did not like the new design of Zoe. First, do not believe it, thought it was a joke failed. Not to understand why it was a very nice person to spoil the character. The result was some anorexic Neanderthal. Really looking forward to the continuation of the game, but with a change in the appearance of the character, such as decreased desire to play. Until later returned to the normal person.
    quit complaining and send them a message while there is still time.

https://www.facebook.com/RedThreadGames

I'm sure that what we see is a preliminary design. If you have your own sketches/ideas/design model, post it here. Their forum is in the works also.

http://redthreadgames.com/community/

Talking

did you see this? nice! (from funcom email newsletter)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ImageProxy.jpg