Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 86

Thread: Zoe's new design

  1. #46
    Registered User Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    107
    Red Thread Games said on Gamer.no today that Zoe will have her nose ring later in the game..

  2. #47
    Registered User ZoŽ_Castillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Casablanca
    Posts
    118

    Smile

    with both Lara Croft and Zoe Castillo getting their nose rings, I may have to consider one.

  3. #48
    Dreamworld Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Beyond Dimensions
    Posts
    809
    Hi Zoe. How did all that plastic surgery you got feel? Was it painful? D:
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -ZoŽ Castillo
    --

  4. #49
    Dreamer ravenwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by FohxMe View Post
    Hi Zoe. How did all that plastic surgery you got feel? Was it painful? D:
    We did this while you were in coma, I hope you like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

  5. #50
    Dreamer ravenwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Yeah and I also installed a filter between your brain and your mouth so that you no longer whine about your psychological problems to every single person you meet on during your adventure
    Lol, that would break the game for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

  6. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Yeah and I also installed a filter between your brain and your mouth so that you no longer whine about your psychological problems to every single person you meet on during your adventure
    didn't we fix most of her problems by the end of df?
    The days of our youth are fleeting; lets live without regrets.

  7. #52
    Random Lurker Miral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
    didn't we fix most of her problems by the end of df?
    Not really. (SPOILERS AHEAD!) She still doesn't really know what she wants to do in life, she still doesn't really know what happened to Reza, and now she's in a coma. About all that she really managed to accomplish for herself (other than the adventures themselves) was to learn that she had a sister who had already died and to help her "move on".
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your livesÖbe somewhere else!"

  8. #53
    evolutionary sleeper
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    between the wheels
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    Not really. (SPOILERS AHEAD!) She still doesn't really know what she wants to do in life, she still doesn't really know what happened to Reza, and now she's in a coma. About all that she really managed to accomplish for herself (other than the adventures themselves) was to learn that she had a sister who had already died and to help her "move on".
    I think, based on what happened to her and what she participated in, she has matured immensely. In other words, if / when she wakes up from the coma, I believe she'd have a couple of directions she would like to pursue. I don't refer to anything specific, but the experiences she had, they tend to put some perspective into one's head.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

  9. #54
    Remember KHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Do you think she could become a bit more of an introvert too? Too much to hope? T..T
    Actually someone wrote a question the gamer.no Q&A article where he expressed an attitude towards ZoŽ similar to the one you have shown, and Ragnar stated that she has grown since the last game and will continue to grow during the game.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

  10. #55
    evolutionary sleeper
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    between the wheels
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Do you think she could become a bit more of an introvert too? Too much to hope? T..T
    I think it's actually inevitable.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

  11. #56
    evolutionary sleeper
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    between the wheels
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Thank the Balance ^..^
    On a related note, it's interesting to observe that all three characters in Dreamfall have their "fans" and "anti-fans". April's transformation caused huge debates, Kian is... well... rather underdeveloped, if I want to be nice, and while I rather liked Zoe's hesitant approach to young adulthood, I can also understnd that it could be grating on some nerves. I wonder if it was intentional to create such controversy, or they just sketched the basic character attributes, and they happened to turn out this way?
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

  12. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    On a related note, it's interesting to observe that all three characters in Dreamfall have their "fans" and "anti-fans". April's transformation caused huge debates, Kian is... well... rather underdeveloped, if I want to be nice, and while I rather liked Zoe's hesitant approach to young adulthood, I can also understnd that it could be grating on some nerves. I wonder if it was intentional to create such controversy, or they just sketched the basic character attributes, and they happened to turn out this way?
    Well, in my experience, characters tend to develop by themselves as the story goes by, sometimes even surprising the writer him/herself. I don't know, I'm no genius writer, and yet it has happened to me, so I'm guessing it must also happen to actual professionals like Tornquist.

    And it is good that they are both liked and disliked - that means they are real. I mean, look around. Look at people. We all have good and bad traits. We all have people who like us and people who don't - and the sooner we come to terms with that, the better. There are no people who are simply hateful or perfect - and so there shouldn't be in a game that claims to have a good story. Probably the reason why no one here practically ever mentions Zack - he was quite plain, no good traits whatsoever. Maybe if he had been a little more developed, he'd have had something remotely interesting to say...

  13. #58
    Wild-eyed miniperson tun_luiec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    between Nowhere and Somewhere
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvara4ever View Post
    Well, in my experience, characters tend to develop by themselves as the story goes by, sometimes even surprising the writer him/herself. I don't know, I'm no genius writer, and yet it has happened to me, so I'm guessing it must also happen to actual professionals like Tornquist.
    Yea, it is interesting how, sometimes when you are making a character and you want it to have certain qualities. But as you write, even though you try your hardest to get the person to take the shape you want, it simply refuses. And then accepting this and letting what comes to come, suddenly the character is not only very different from the original idea - (s)he also has a lot more personality. Not that I'm a genius either... but imagination really is a bit like magic: chaotic and hard to control
    this room has no outer walls

  14. #59
    evolutionary sleeper
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    between the wheels
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvara4ever View Post
    Well, in my experience, characters tend to develop by themselves as the story goes by, sometimes even surprising the writer him/herself. I don't know, I'm no genius writer, and yet it has happened to me, so I'm guessing it must also happen to actual professionals like Tornquist.
    Quote Originally Posted by tun_luiec View Post
    Yea, it is interesting how, sometimes when you are making a character and you want it to have certain qualities. But as you write, even though you try your hardest to get the person to take the shape you want, it simply refuses. And then accepting this and letting what comes to come, suddenly the character is not only very different from the original idea - (s)he also has a lot more personality. Not that I'm a genius either... but imagination really is a bit like magic: chaotic and hard to control
    Sure. It's a actually a "scientific" fact of storytelling - the better you are, the more tendency your characters have to try and get out of your control Just ask Leo Tolstoy about writing Anna Karenina - rumor has that when (in the writing process) Anna's death was approaching, Tolstoy was getting more and more depressed, trying to find a way to save her. But he couldn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvara4ever View Post
    And it is good that they are both liked and disliked - that means they are real.
    Yeah, I agree here, but that wasn't the question. What interests me more is if the controversy is intentional or not.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

  15. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    Yeah, I agree here, but that wasn't the question. What interests me more is if the controversy is intentional or not.
    Sorry. Well, I don't know if I'm understanding the question now either, but here are my thoughts:

    -I think that the minute Tornquist decided to make April a "secondary" character in favor of a new heroine, controversy was a given. Not only that - he decided to have April do a 180 degree turn and transform her into a dark, lost character who is "passive" and "unwilling to help". The LACK of this qualities in TLJ's April is what we loved about her and what kept the game rolling. I mean, that was bound to make some hearts bleed.

    -In the case of Zoe, I don't think her character was intended to cause controversy, but her quick disposition to snap out of her slumber and take action looked to me as a way to redeem her from the hate she was going to receive at first, after taking April's place as the main character of the story. That didn't save us from her initial compulsive monologuing about her depression, though But I think it was not overdone.

    -In the case of Kian, I'm convinced he wasn't meant to cause controversy or to incite derision... But he ended doing so just because of lack of development. A real pity. But like everyone says, Dreamfall Chapters may just be the solution for that. Fingers crossed.

    Did I get it right this time?
    Last edited by Silvara4ever; 02-14-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •