Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoe's new design

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    They've repeated that DFC will start exactly when DF left off. But also that the game spans multiple seasons (I think a whole year at least), so there's plenty of time for things to happen.
    However judging by the kickstarter video, "right where DF left off" probably means after the three month time-skip at the end of Dreamfall.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Yep. And we could still get an intro with Zoe in her coma, then some weird, 'timeless' bit in the Storytime, then Arcadia, and by the time she gets back to Stark it's ages later.

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    However judging by the kickstarter video, "right where DF left off" probably means after the three month time-skip at the end of Dreamfall.
    Where did it really leave off? Remember after the credits we see Cortez & Brian in the snow storm in the Himalayas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmm View Post
    Where did it really leave off? Remember after the credits we see Cortez & Brian in the snow storm in the Himalayas.
    Yeah, but that was in 1933. I don't think they'll pick up the story in 1933.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    Yeah, but that was in 1933. I don't think they'll pick up the story in 1933.
    Well...you never know...they may have new things to reveal that weren't shown in Dreamfall.

1933... now, this is new perspetive to think :P

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Ancient
    Yeah.

Well, I believe they will pick up both stories from exactly the same point they've ended... so excited... only 21 months to go!

The quality of the facial expressions in the tech vid where amazing. Something that's going to make this game even more immersive than tlj and dreamfall hopefully. things like that more than make up for the not quite up to todays standards graphics. Much better than the crazy high quality crysis for example where everyone looks nice in stills but talk like they're shot full of botox.
    Not super relevant but thought i'd add it anyway.

its about the story not the graphics. thats why we're all here. the expressive eyes can only lend to that.

we've not seen april yet but i'm imagining they move the hair away from her eyes so you can see them more.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    I think people are mainly upset because when they revealed the pic of Zoe but Ragnar was being cagey, they were all like "Nup, can't be her. Zoe doesn't have a nose piercing". Then BAM! They look like idiots!
    lol...when i saw the still i was on the fence. but for some reason i saw the turtleneck and thought that must be zoe
    The days of our youth are fleeting; lets live without regrets.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
    its about the story not the graphics.
    graphics are very important for immersion. not (necessarily) high end CGI effects, but good quality models and high resolution textures.
    what I liked a lot about the short demo of the Zoe model, is when she looked towards the camera and threw a small smile. it was really charming. it also wouldn't have been possible without sufficient visual detail.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

we've not seen april yet but i'm imagining they move the hair away from her eyes so you can see them more.
    Will Ragnar reveal her until release? The hunt for secret screenshots and concept art begins!
    You have a terrible temper and are totally incapable of social or domestic life? Congratulations, you are a genius!
    April Ryan versus the Prophet: the battle begins!

lol...when i saw the still i was on the fence. but for some reason i saw the turtleneck and thought that must be zoe
    Me too!

At least ZoŽ no longer looks like a cross between a plastic doll and a girl from K-On!.

Quote Originally Posted by virumor View Post
    a girl from K-On!.
    A had to google that, and no doubt have forgotten something actually important to make room in my brain. I hope you're happy.

Dreamworld Member
    Quote Originally Posted by virumor View Post
    At least ZoŽ no longer looks like a cross between a plastic doll and a girl from K-On!.
    She looks nothing like any girl from K-On, or any anime for that matter. The only reason she appeared plasticy was because of the limitations of that engine they were using. She looks very exotic, beautiful and lively in all her old concept arts.... To me, anyway.
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -ZoŽ Castillo
    --