Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 86

Thread: Zoe's new design

  1. #16
    Dreamworld Member Lee-m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    721
    The new zoe seems to be more inline with what was originally planned, looking at the art work book I got with the limited edition.
    I guess now they don't have funcom telling them what to do, they are looking to restore some of the original ideas.

    Im sure i'll get used to it once the game comes out. The structure of her face seems to have changed, im not liking that.

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    I had to think twice and look hard to see whether she was a new protagonist or Zoe herself.
    Yeah same happened to me, Just didn't quite look right. The tech demo face in the video looked pretty good, a hell of alot better than the derpy stills. But yeah, i'll miss the zoe from dreamfall, dem eyes lol.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    For me, this (warning, large image) is still the "perfect" ZoŽ.
    I agree. It's a render (with some apparent touches in photoshop) of the original high-poly model (they probably used it in retopology for low-poly in-game version).

    ZoŽ on the Dreamfall's cover looks even more beautiful.

    I tried to modify the portrait of "new" ZoŽ to make her appearance resemble more of the look of her "older" version. It still doesn't look like the original model but I think it's closer.
    Result: http://i.imgur.com/zKCT4TM.png
    Comparison gif: http://i.imgur.com/RcbYi7f.gif

  4. #19
    Registered User Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazioo View Post

    I tried to modify the portrait of "new" ZoŽ to make her appearance resemble more of the look of her "older" version. It still doesn't look like the original model but I think it's closer.
    Result: http://i.imgur.com/zKCT4TM.png
    Comparison gif: http://i.imgur.com/RcbYi7f.gif
    The comparison is that in DFC, Zoe is fat and got a ring in her nose XD
    " They say that every story has a beginning and an end, but sometimes the two are one at the same time "

    - Zoe Castillo

    " Players do not play a game because the star is the 'wrong' gender. I don't believe that for a second "

    - Ragnar TÝrnquist


  5. #20
    Dreamworld Member Barentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    734
    Personally I am not a fan of the piercings. It's funny that they included this as the last question in the Kickstarter FAQ.

    The animated model in the pitch video was certainly very impressive.

  6. #21
    Random Lurker Miral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,744
    They added it to the FAQ because it was indeed an FAQ from the comment thread

    Personally I was a bit startled by it at first but it doesn't really bother me. I'm not sure I really saw Zoe as the type to get a nose piercing, but as Ragnar said, maybe it's from later in the story and there'll be a perfectly reasonable explanation for it presented. (Maybe it's something magical like April's polyp?)
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your livesÖbe somewhere else!"

  7. #22
    Script Pixie wandrew8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,702
    I think people are mainly upset because when they revealed the pic of Zoe but Ragnar was being cagey, they were all like "Nup, can't be her. Zoe doesn't have a nose piercing". Then BAM! They look like idiots!

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    61
    Am I the only one who prefers new Zoe? And I'm huge fan and I love old one, but just think this one is bit better.

    I believe it's all the proces of making it less unrealistic and less cartoonish.

    Or best definition IMO: new model looks more realistic!
    Last edited by White Tiger; 02-11-2013 at 08:21 AM.

  9. #24
    Remember KHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,932
    I think everyone is overreacting to this. In the in-game clips we saw, she looked a lot like ZoŽ. I'm sure that with a few tweaks, she'll be just about the same. Only, you know, capable of displaying emotions. Which will be nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    I think people are mainly upset because when they revealed the pic of Zoe but Ragnar was being cagey, they were all like "Nup, can't be her. Zoe doesn't have a nose piercing". Then BAM! They look like idiots!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    *proud to have laughed at everyone who didn't recognize her*
    This.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

  10. #25
    Dreamer ravenwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazioo View Post
    I agree. It's a render (with some apparent touches in photoshop) of the original high-poly model (they probably used it in retopology for low-poly in-game version).

    ZoŽ on the Dreamfall's cover looks even more beautiful.

    I tried to modify the portrait of "new" ZoŽ to make her appearance resemble more of the look of her "older" version. It still doesn't look like the original model but I think it's closer.
    Result: http://i.imgur.com/zKCT4TM.png
    Comparison gif: http://i.imgur.com/RcbYi7f.gif
    OMG! That comparison pretty much highlights my argument about the looks. The facial structure and the hair needs to get a bit more in the direction of what you made! Well done btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

  11. #26
    Dreamer ravenwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers new Zoe? And I'm huge fan and I love old one, but just think this one is bit better.

    I believe it's all the proces of making it less unrealistic and less cartoonish.

    Or best definition IMO: new model looks more realistic!
    The thing is my preference is style over realism. I like the fact that she was a bit more cartoony and expressive in design.

    On the point of nose piercing, I am almost sure there was a concept art from DF that had Zoe wearing one. I think they wanted her to wear one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

  12. #27
    April Ryan Wannabe Dwagginz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    248
    It may very well be the case that there's some passage of time between Dreamfall and DFC.

    I mean look what happened to April. The changes for Zoe are nowhere near that extreme, and that's still a WiP.
    That's easy for you to say. There's meaning to your existence. Me? I wasn't who I thought I was. I honestly have no idea who I am anymore. Everyone kept telling me I was important, that I was needed. Then, one day, I Ö wasn't. I was just lost. So don't tell me I'm free. Don't tell me to live my life. You don't know. You have a purpose.

  13. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    The thing is my preference is style over realism. I like the fact that she was a bit more cartoony and expressive in design.

    On the point of nose piercing, I am almost sure there was a concept art from DF that had Zoe wearing one. I think they wanted her to wear one.
    I honestly believe they would make everything more realistic back then if they had more time, money etc. It's just cheaper and yet very effective solution: make everything cartoonish. Anyway, I like it both. I really can't complain. I honestly have faith in it.

  14. #29
    Script Pixie wandrew8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,702
    I think she's still nicely stylised.

  15. #30
    Random Lurker Miral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
    It may very well be the case that there's some passage of time between Dreamfall and DFC.
    They've repeated that DFC will start exactly when DF left off. But also that the game spans multiple seasons (I think a whole year at least), so there's plenty of time for things to happen.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your livesÖbe somewhere else!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •