Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Kickstarter Started Kicking!

evolutionary sleeper
    glad to see the director's cut - as far as I can make out from the rather cryptic description, we'll get the entire game as it was envisioned before the cutting table. hurray!

I managed to join the broadcast for the last 10 minutes before the pledging period ended - I have to say the RTG guys and gals were rather Northern in their attitude
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    I have to say the RTG guys and gals were rather Northern in their attitude
    I am not European, so what does that mean?

1.5 million dollars. That's pretty respectable So glad it got funded.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    I managed to join the broadcast for the last 10 minutes before the pledging period ended - I have to say the RTG guys and gals were rather Northern in their attitude
    Oh, what do you mean?
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmm View Post
    I am not European, so what does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    Oh, what do you mean?
    Northern people are known being quite low-key in their emotional response. Having lived in Sweden and Finland, and having had a few Norwegian superiors, I can confirm it if we're adding "when sober" - having also drunk a lot with some of these people, I can also confirm that they were just as crazy as I was

If you compare this countdown with the Double Fine adventure, the difference is quite notable - even though I'm sure that RTG was just as happy as DF. Also, if it was an Italian studio, they would have probably been dancing on the table while screaming their lungs out. It's not that it matters, or one is better than the other - it just rang some bells in me, and I though they were cute
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

I think to me 1.75 mil goal wasn't at all exciting. 2 mil was, sure but 1.5 was a sweet spot when it came to the stretch goals. It meant much better DFC! And I am actually quite happy with tweaked Zoe for her design was my concern but my god I love the workflow they have for tweaking etc.

Anyway, gratz RTG! I hope everything goes well and you guys deliver. Though, I feel like the date will probably pushed further as it is with these kinds of projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    I'm a southerner myself, and I have lived among such "emotional" people for my whole life but I've got to admit, it's annoying and all this euphoria they put up often turns out rather shallow. With this people it's like a sudden outburst, an explosion if you will which happens too close to the surface and doesn't reach deep enough. - of course, I'm just talking about the downside of the temperament, I'm not claiming emotional people to be shallow. Northerners (or, some of them) strike me as more likely to have lava constantly running underneath a cooler surface.
    I can easily believe that - on one hand, the contrast between the two behaviours and the underlying emotion distorts the perception somewhat. On the other hand, if you jump up on the table screaming, then a lot of the emotion is spent/released, while a cooler reaction keeps the emotion on slow burn.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    but my god I love the workflow they have for tweaking etc.
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't actually "live". I think what he did was to do it all off camera, but save a bunch of in-between states, so that he could just load each state on-camera to show a progression. Otherwise it would have taken too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Yes, it does. You can't really measure the depth of feeling by its appearance. I've heard many times, especially from my fellow countrymen, how "cold" these or those nations are by their temper. I've heard it specifically about Norwegians as well, I just don't see it that way. feelings can run down deep down your consciousness, slowly feeding your ever cell, without ever exploding. Such feelings, at least in my opinion, are deeper and firmer.
    Those "northern feelings" are fairly stereotypical here too. Although mostly in the southern parts of the country. Might be a climate-related thing.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't actually "live". I think what he did was to do it all off camera, but save a bunch of in-between states, so that he could just load each state on-camera to show a progression. Otherwise it would have taken too long.
    Yep, he was switching layers for us to see the tweaks he'd prepared. It's not as easy as he made it look.
    Still, it wasn't intended as one of these Photoshop extreme makeovers you can find on Youtube on where they turn a pile of dirt into a beautiful tree or something like that :P
    "Don't stop backing! #bringbackZoe - lets keep going - #saveApril - http://kck.st/14XAHB3" - lets keep the buzz going on Twitter by retweeting

I have pledged. Nov 2014 is not long IMO.
    :OutATime: