Thread: Game runs slow at intervals

Game runs slow at intervals

I have a frustrating problem. My game is running slow at intervals, for no reason at all it just starts to run slow and hacks for some time, and then it runs normal again for a while. The sound is always fine, though, it's only the picture that hacks. Please help me with this?

This sort of thing is usually a sign that it's running out of memory, and forcing Windows to swap some other programs out to disk (which slows everything down for a while). Although usually the sound is affected too.

How much RAM do you have on your machine? If it's not a lot, you may want to try closing down as many background programs as you can (especially things like virus scanners and web browsers) before running the game.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

My RAM is 2,00 GB.

I'm only running the anti virus program, which I cannot close or deactivate. But none other program is affected, only this one.

OK, maybe the game is not really running slow, it rather hacks, if you know what I mean.

Isn't there anyone who can help me with this.

Sorry. I don't think we know how to fix it.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

What version of Windows are you running?

2GB is not enough RAM to run Windows Vista or 7 along with a game (it's ok but marginal for XP). Add more.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

I have XP, so it should work.