Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Thread Games Twitter feed

Guys, please take the torture and mayhem to another thread. I know we go off topic a lot but it'd be nice to rein it in a little on the sticky threads.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by tun_luiec View Post
    You cannot hear me right now. Of course you cannot hear me - no one can hear me, I am in total falsetto. Because you know what? That Red Thread Games twitter-contest: I've won invitations to the Kickstarterparty!
    It's a testament to my level of OCD with regard to this game that I'm sitting here saying "it's 10:15 PM in Oslo -- where's Tun's report out from the Kickstarter party?"

Man, I need to relax.

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringtail View Post
    It's a testament to my level of OCD with regard to this game that I'm sitting here saying "it's 10:15 PM in Oslo -- where's Tun's report out from the Kickstarter party?"

Man, I need to relax.
    Same here.....
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Here for April Ryan
    Still waiting on that report...

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    Still waiting on that report...
    Just watch the video then.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Here for April Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldsReunited View Post
    Just watch the video then.
    Already did before I posted it. But video is one thing, the party itself is another. I doubt they only showed the video there.

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    Already did before I posted it. But video is one thing, the party itself is another. I doubt they only showed the video there.
    Hehe true. ;P

Here for April Ryan
    Tim Schafer put the good word in for DFC and backed it, apparently. Is he the guy who gave $10k? Or was that Notch, and Schafer only mustered up $5k?

Hey, meek apology over here. See, prior to this week I had every intention of sprinting straight from the Kickstarterparty to deliver my report. But as weeks go, this has been a hell for the emotional digestive system. (Plus, I have a bit of an unaccountable sociall anxiety. However, it acted nicely and was merely lurking behind a distant corner during the party. Hence, a good half of the week - obviously including Thursday evening - was sweet as.) I stayed sober, but I probably don't remember everything, sorry. You could try asking shrewd questions...? Worth a try, I guess?

Well. So. Thursday. The venue was nifty and literally stuffed with people within the gaming industry. Most evident in that all except me and my plus one seemed to know each other very well. So mingling was very difficult (we're Norwegians - we have Jante plugged into every orifice... - and two peas amongst pumpkings to boot) and we spent quite a few hours feeling like creeping stalkers, listening in on conversations and smiling at anyone realising we were there and butting in how exited we are about Dreamfall Chapters. My reason for inviting along the one I did was an act of well-planned strategy: because he is a natural seeker of contact, he is a savvy gamer and he has ideas for adventure games of his own (movies too, but that is another story). So simply by tailing him around like a newly separated siamese twin, I got brackets of such things as conversation of favourite games, who'd been working with Tørnquist/FunCom before and how to make it in the business (at least on Norwegian terms). But of course we could not leave without talking to the man himself. And I am rather proud of myself for being the one of the two of us (my friend and I) to work up the courage to - after four hours - walk over with shaking legs and sparkling eyes, shake his hand and thank him for the opportunity to be there. He is tall, by the way. Tall with the most capital T I've encountered in my life. Suitable, I guess. We even managed something close to resembling a decent chat. Then we namedropped ourselves and our school (since we're budding entrepeneurial thespians) and mentioned our interest in voice acting/motion capturing. So... hopefully I managed to give an impression beyond "wild-eyed miniperson".
    this room has no outer walls

That sounds awesome! Thanks for the update.

"wild-eyed miniperson".
    That's your new forum title, by the way.

Great update!

Thanks, wild-eyed miniperson!
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

"wild-eyed miniperson".
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    That's your new forum title, by the way.
    Ha ha deal

Dreamworld Member
    I think you did a great job, tun_luiec! I admire you for your courage on approaching him at all. I would have stayed in a little corner the entire time. It would be far too intimidating for anyone to approach the person they admire and respect so much.
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -Zoë Castillo
    --

evolutionary sleeper
    Well. So. Thursday.
    Thanks, wild-eyed miniperson!
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Aaaaw, you guys... you're making me blush
    So here, just for you, is the Exit sign from the bar - it's adventurous!