Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ragnar's Twitter feed (especially DFC stuff)

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    No, they didn't confirm this. Can anyone please read this thread for a change? http://forums.longestjourney.com/sho...5&postcount=31
    I read that Several times. But he also stated that Zoe wouldn't be playable right? RIGHT?

Edit: now I have to read everything again...

Edit 2:
    Here you go:
    http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/14/37...three-playable
    Three playable characters whose stories will intertwine throughout the game, including two female protagonists who are yet to be revealed. According to Tornquist, these characters (the 3 playable characters) will be joined by a number of familiar faces from the previous two games in the series, including Dreamfall protagonist ZoŽ who has changed drastically since the previous title.

So my guess:
    April + "The new heroine" + An old guy (most likely Kian because Ragnar has said many times that he has a bigger part to play)
    Last edited by WorldsReunited; 01-21-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

No, they didn't confirm this. Can anyone please read this thread for a change? http://forums.longestjourney.com/sho...5&postcount=31
    I read it. I only assumed that they mentioned it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldsReunited View Post

Three playable characters whose stories will intertwine throughout the game, including two female protagonists who are yet to be revealed. According to Tornquist, these characters (the 3 playable character) will be joined by a number of familiar faces from the previous two games in the series, including Dreamfall protagonist ZoŽ who has changed drastically since the previous title.
    It is a very clever use of words. But I assumed that Zoe was actually one of those three characters have to read it again...

I don't know it is all very confusing. He once said that Zoe's Journey was not over yet. If she is a side character Journey would be a silly word to use. Growing up and Zoe understanding this more than the others also kind of hints Zoe being the main character again. (sigh)

Half the article was Zoe Zoe Zoe...

It is quite difficult to develop a side character that much. If Ragnar introduces two new heroines without April or Zoe then I am going to start screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Profc View Post
    It is a very clever use of words. But I assumed that Zoe was actually one of those three characters have to read it again...
    Wait-- why?

*I don't know it is all very confusing. He once said that Zoe's Journey was not over yet. If she is a side character Journey would be a silly word to use. Growing up and Zoe understanding this more than the others also kind of hints Zoe being the main character again. (sigh)

Half the article was Zoe Zoe Zoe...

*It is quite difficult to develop a side character that much. If Ragnar introduces two new heroines without April or Zoe then I am going to start screaming.
    I always felt like Zoe was a perfect non-playable character from Chapters. She could tell stories, maybe be a mentor to our new main character, instead of doing things her self. That way we would get more of Zoe, but we wouldn't HAVE to control her. That'd do it for me.

Either way we know Zoe WILL be there.
    Last edited by WorldsReunited; 01-21-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringtail View Post
    Maybe; we'll see.

Personally, after just doing another play-through of both, I keep coming back to the core decision April made in Chapter 2 of TLJ, when she stepped into the Shift in the alleyway. "What if I say no?" she asked Cortez, and he told her "something else would happen." She said yes to "destiny," and things unfolded with her "winning," after a fashion.

In Dreamfall, she goes out of her way to say "no, this isn't my fight," and then something else happens, something that looks a lot more like the player losing.

So, I think a possible (likely?) direction for DF Chapters is the story of April saying "yes" to being the Chosen One again.
    But the Guardian also said that this wasn't April's battle. Of course you could ask yourself then whether this isn't her battle because she goes out of her way not to get involved, or that this isn't her battle, period.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Perhaps ZoŽ will go all Obi-Wan on us.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
    But the Guardian also said that this wasn't April's battle. Of course you could ask yourself then whether this isn't her battle because she goes out of her way not to get involved, or that this isn't her battle, period.
    I know that, but Zoe and the new girl can take care of that battle while April does her own right?

Oh, the whole Guardian Gordon thing is janky. Didn't make sense the first time I played Dreamfall, nor the last time, and is, I think, the most nonsensical part of the game. Basically, I fall firmly into the "Gordon is up to something" camp, 'cause otherwise, the whole trip to the Guardian's realm narratively has no point in the game.

Here for April Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldsReunited View Post
    Edit 2:
    Here you go:
    http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/14/37...three-playable
    Three playable characters whose stories will intertwine throughout the game, including two female protagonists who are yet to be revealed. According to Tornquist, these characters (the 3 playable characters) will be joined by a number of familiar faces from the previous two games in the series, including Dreamfall protagonist ZoŽ who has changed drastically since the previous title.
    The passages you are citing are the work of the journalist, not Tornquist's own words. "Two female protagonists who are yet to be revealed" is murky because, according to Tornquist's feed, one of them we already know. That means that "revealed" means "referred by name", probably cases of both of them. "These characters will be joined by ... Dreamfall protagonist ZoŽ" doesn't specify how exactly Zoe will join them--as a mentor/guide type of character or as a fellow protagonist. That paragraph can be understood as both "The three characters will encounter Zoe" and "Zoe will join their ranks and be among them".

For the record, I also want April to be playable (if only because it means she survived that stab wound), but I think we have to remain factual here.

Oh, the whole Guardian Gordon thing is janky. Didn't make sense the first time I played Dreamfall, nor the last time, and is, I think, the most nonsensical part of the game. Basically, I fall firmly into the "Gordon is up to something" camp, 'cause otherwise, the whole trip to the Guardian's realm narratively has no point in the game.
    I agree, Gordon acted real fishy in DF.

I agree, Gordon acted real fishy in DF.
    He does have that dark blue gun-shape floating around in his body.. always found that odd.

(..right, proof!)
    Last edited by tun_luiec; 01-21-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: forgot a link
    this room has no outer walls

New tweets from Ragnar this evening:

#DreamfallChapters will have as much dialogue as #Dreamfall, and hopefully as much on-screen text (books, diaries) as #TLJ.

Books! Diaries! Crazy-crazy!

Also, for our Norwegian pals:

#TLJ & #Dreamfall fan? Live in Oslo or close enough to travel? Follow @RedThreadGames & keep your eyes peeled this week! #DreamfallChapters

Just for once it could have been fun to have a Starkian male and an Arcadian female protagonist. It really could have spiced the things up. Starkian main gurl thing is getting old.

I don't know how to feel about the diary. I almost never read them. Maybe this time I will.

Quote Originally Posted by tun_luiec View Post
    He does have that dark blue gun-shape floating around in his body.. always found that odd.

(..right, proof!)
    Always chew before you swallow.

New tweets from Ragnar this evening:

#DreamfallChapters will have as much dialogue as #Dreamfall, and hopefully as much on-screen text (books, diaries) as #TLJ.

Books! Diaries! Crazy-crazy!
    Yes, very exciting news!

I don't know how to feel about the diary. I almost never read them. Maybe this time I will.
    You really should. It gives a lot of background information. Especially the first of April's diary in TLJ, which basically explains why she came to Venice.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Always chew before you swallow.

Yes, very exciting news!

You really should. It gives a lot of background information. Especially the first of April's diary in TLJ, which basically explains why she came to Venice.
    Now that I think about it, I actually read the one in Longest Journey. But I don't remember much about Kian or April from Dreamfall. Did they even have a diary? I didn't read Zoe's stuff either.

Now that I think about it, I actually read the one in Longest Journey. But I don't remember much about Kian or April from Dreamfall. Did they even have a diary? I didn't read Zoe's stuff either.
    Zoe had text that reminded you what you had to do, but it was not too insightful or interesting, I liked the text-messages from differend characters though.

Here for April Ryan
    IIRC neither Kian or April had a diary in DF. And Zoe's notes on her phone were a big step back compared to April's TLJ diary. I remember trying to follow them (Zoe's notes) but eventually giving up because there was nothing interesting there even half way through the game...