Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ragnar's Twitter feed (especially DFC stuff)

Zoe concept art?

Way to ruin the surprise, Dag.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    I'm probably counter-sexist here, but male characters with such a massive amount of indecision annoy the hell out of me. OK, he's got the excuse of being very young and faced with a rather complicated issue, I admit that much. And if he'll be able to transcend it in Chapters, I'll even applaud. But that's a long, long way...
    Of course we have discussed this many time already, but I agree with you as far as Kian goes: if you are a disciple bent on bringing the word of the Goddess, you should not be that easily brought to doubting your beliefs.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    DF was all about indecision. Just look at Zoe.
    OK, that's a fair point, on the high level at least, and you can also add April here (if suppressed deathwish counts as indecision). If you're going to the details, though, their sources are rather different.
    April hasn't been able to digest the guardian issue. I think it's safe to say it would be shock for life for anyone.
    Zoe is a kind-of-dumb teenager who just doesn't know where her life should go - then circumstances force her to be a kind-of-hero, and does pretty well, eventually.
    Then Kian, whose best excuse (besides being young) may be that he's a natural doubter. As Skizzo said, he should be a rock - and then he's swayed by who appears as a fighting Mrs. Robinson with a strong opinion on the universe, which happens to oppose Kian's. I actually agree with Vamon who happily distrusts Kian at first sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    Yeah, but Zoe is a girl, so that makes it OK. Since we are on the topic of sexism and counter-sexism.
    Of course. A kind-of-dumb teenager as hot as Zoe is definitely a good thing. A doubting warrior is a menace - not necessarily to his enemies.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Here for April Ryan
    Guys, guys, I know I am partly guilty of leading this topic astray myself, but shouldn't it be more about, like, Ragnar's Twitter posts or something?

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    I don't think I actually said that. Ragnar said there will be 3 playables. 1 will be new, the other 2 WON'T be a pair including April and Zoe. This means that at most it will be April OR Zoe.
    "Polygon article (14/12/12; thanks iamsteve):
    - Zoe will be one of the 3 main characters."
    Since there are three playable characters, this does heavily imply ZoŽ will be one of them, even if it doesn't say so outright.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    I'm probably counter-sexist here, but male characters with such a massive amount of indecision annoy the hell out of me. OK, he's got the excuse of being very young and faced with a rather complicated issue, I admit that much. And if he'll be able to transcend it in Chapters, I'll even applaud. But that's a long, long way...
    I didn't find Kian indecisive at all. He was unsure of what was the right this to do, but he never took long to make up his mind about anything he was confronted about.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    "Polygon article (14/12/12; thanks iamsteve):
    - Zoe will be one of the 3 main characters."
    Since there are three playable characters, this does heavily imply ZoŽ will be one of them, even if it doesn't say so outright.
    I think that's a mischaracterization of what's in the article. Here's the direct quote (with emphasis added):
    "Dreamfall Chapters, the long awaited sequel to the 2006 adventure game Dreamfall, will feature three playable characters whose stories will intertwine throughout the game, including two female protagonists who are yet to be revealed, Red Thread Studios founder Ragnar Tornquist told Polygon in a recent interview.

According to Tornquist, these characters will be joined by a number of familiar faces from the previous two games in the series, including Dreamfall protagonist ZoŽ who has changed drastically since the previous title.

"ZoŽ will be back," he tells us. "But she won't be the same ZoŽ we met in Dreamfall. Like all of our characters, she will have grown and evolved, and Dreamfall Chapters is going to take some daring twists and turns. Birth, life, death — it's about all of those things, and no one is safe from life. Growing up isn't easy, and ZoŽ will understand this better than most."

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/14/37...three-playable
    What I'm reading there is that Zoe is in the game, in addition to our 3 playable options. But at this point, any reports about the final game are probably highly susceptible to error (or misconstruing of whatever opaque thing Ragnar is saying).
    Last edited by Ringtail; 01-18-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringtail View Post
    I think that's a mischaracterization of what's in the article. Here's the direct quote (with emphasis added)
    Yes, that was my point
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Fair enough. Fixed.

I have a feeling that April won't be back at all. They will probably show her at the very end of the game to start the hype.

A new heroine and a changed Zoe, plus Kian. There is just no room for April in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Profc View Post
    There is just no room for April in this story.
    Maybe; we'll see.

Personally, after just doing another play-through of both, I keep coming back to the core decision April made in Chapter 2 of TLJ, when she stepped into the Shift in the alleyway. "What if I say no?" she asked Cortez, and he told her "something else would happen." She said yes to "destiny," and things unfolded with her "winning," after a fashion.

In Dreamfall, she goes out of her way to say "no, this isn't my fight," and then something else happens, something that looks a lot more like the player losing.

So, I think a possible (likely?) direction for DF Chapters is the story of April saying "yes" to being the Chosen One again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringtail View Post
    Maybe; we'll see.

Personally, after just doing another play-through of both, I keep coming back to the core decision April made in Chapter 2 of TLJ, when she stepped into the Shift in the alleyway. "What if I say no?" she asked Cortez, and he told her "something else would happen." She said yes to "destiny," and things unfolded with her "winning," after a fashion.

In Dreamfall, she goes out of her way to say "no, this isn't my fight," and then something else happens, something that looks a lot more like the player losing.

So, I think a possible (likely?) direction for DF Chapters is the story of April saying "yes" to being the Chosen One again.

It is crazy how quite these forums have become. Just a few years ago there would have been an insane hype. I am getting worried that Ragnar is 2 or 3 years too late to start this project. I am just not sure if they will ever be able to conclude the franchise completely.
    This new dreamfall might be the final bomb. Because it is not a very clever marketing strategy to continue a game where the original was never that successful to begin with.

One part of me wants April back. My other part knows that it is a bit unlikely. Waiting another 6 years for an April game would be ugh. Just insane.

evolutionary sleeper
    One part of me wants April back. My other part knows that it is a bit unlikely. Waiting another 6 years for an April game would be ugh. Just insane.
    Yes, and this is why I'd be very surprised if there was no appearance in the game by April.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Either Zoe or April would be playable. Since Zoe won't be April HAS to. Otherwise I'd be sad.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldsReunited View Post
    Either Zoe or April would be playable. Since Zoe won't be April HAS to. Otherwise I'd be sad.
    Did they actually confirm this? If they did I would do my happy dance. I personally didn't like Zoe all that much.

Here for April Ryan
    Did they actually confirm this? If they did I would do my happy dance. I personally didn't like Zoe all that much.
    No, they didn't confirm this. Can anyone please read this thread for a change? http://forums.longestjourney.com/sho...5&postcount=31