Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ragnar's Twitter feed (especially DFC stuff)

Here for April Ryan
    Let's get the record straight. Here are the relevant tweets:

https://twitter.com/RagnarTornquist/...26823912599552
    https://twitter.com/RagnarTornquist/...28384629891073
    https://twitter.com/RagnarTornquist/...47274885935105
    https://twitter.com/RagnarTornquist/...48243514277889
    https://twitter.com/RagnarTornquist/...48363760779266

Here is what was said:

Q: "Will there be several protagonists?"
    A: "Yes."
    Q: "Will there be female protagonists?"
    A: "Two out of three protagonists will be female."
    Q: "Will the two female protagonists be April and Zoe?"
    A: "No, not both of them at the same time."
    Q: "Have any of the three protagonists been introduced in TLJ or Dreamfall?"
    A: "Yes, two of them have already appeared in the series."

This opens up following possibilities:

- Protagonist 1 (P1) can be either April, a new heroine (NF: a female character introduced in Chapters for the first time), or an old heroine (OF: a female character from an earlier game who is promoted to player character in Chapters).
    - Protagonist 2 (P2) can be either Zoe, a new heroine, or an old heroine.
    - Protagonist 3 (P3) can be either a new hero (NM: a male character introduced in Chapters for the first time), or an old hero (OM: a male character from an earlier game).
    - OF can be several characters, such as Emma, Na'ane, etc.
    - OM is most likely Kian, though possibly also Brian Westhouse, Charlie, etc.

With that in mind, following combinations can be ruled out:

- Any girl + Any girl + A new guy: Because Tornquist already promised a "new heroine", so the guy is definitely from a previous game.
    - April + Zoe + Any guy: Because they are not to be co-protagonists again.

Which leaves us with following possibilities:

- April + "The new heroine" + An old guy (Kian, Brian, Charlie, etc.)
    - Zoe + "The new heroine" + An old guy (Kian, Brian, Charlie, etc.)
    - "The new heroine" + An old heroine + An old guy (Kian, Brian, Charlie, etc.)

The last option is still possible (if unlikely), because Tornquist never explicitly promised we will have either April or Zoe so they both might not be playable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Barentity View Post
    In "what we know", it says that Zoe will be a playable character. By logical deduction, we conclude that April is not a playable character. And I'm going to infer from that (by logical inference) that April is dead. Oh no!!!
    I think that is actually a mistake on Wandrew's part. The first paragraph of the article states
    "Dreamfall Chapters, the long awaited sequel to the 2006 adventure game Dreamfall, will feature three playable characters whose stories will intertwine throughout the game, including two female protagonists who are yet to be revealed, Red Thread Studios founder Ragnar Tornquist told Polygon in a recent interview." (My emphasis)
    What the article does confirm is that Zoë will be in the game.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    I think that is actually a mistake on Wandrew's part. The first paragraph of the article states
    I don't think I actually said that. Ragnar said there will be 3 playables. 1 will be new, the other 2 WON'T be a pair including April and Zoe. This means that at most it will be April OR Zoe.

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    I think April will be playable. Zoe will be there, but just not playable.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldsReunited View Post
    I think April will be playable. Zoe will be there, but just not playable.
    Agree on the second, hoping for the first
    And it looks like there's no way to avoid Kian. Again. (sigh)
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    And it looks like there's no way to avoid Kian. Again. (sigh)
    Hopefully he's better characterised this time around. I don't think he's a bad character, he just didn't get a lot of screen time in DF (and most of what he did get was combat, and the combat system was the weakest part of the game).
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Here for April Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    Hopefully he's better characterised this time around. I don't think he's a bad character, he just didn't get a lot of screen time in DF (and most of what he did get was combat, and the combat system was the weakest part of the game).
    Quoted for truth. I actually liked Kian and was sad that he got even less screen time than April.

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    Quoted for truth. I actually liked Kian and was sad that he got even less screen time than April.
    Quoted for truth.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Has annonse seen Ragnar's Twitter? Apparently the Red Thread Games webside is going up this week.

http://www.mcvnordic.com/news/read/r...esence/0109328
    Last edited by Crow's fan; 01-16-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow's fan View Post
    Has annonse seen Ragnar's Twitter? Apparently the Red Thread Games webside is going up this weekend.
    Yes I saw! I'm psyched!

Here for April Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow's fan View Post
    Has annonse seen Ragnar's Twitter? Apparently the Red Thread Games webside is going up this week.
    About damn time.

evolutionary sleeper
    I'm probably counter-sexist here, but male characters with such a massive amount of indecision annoy the hell out of me. OK, he's got the excuse of being very young and faced with a rather complicated issue, I admit that much. And if he'll be able to transcend it in Chapters, I'll even applaud. But that's a long, long way...
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    I'm probably counter-sexist here, but male characters with such a massive amount of indecision annoy the hell out of me. OK, he's got the excuse of being very young and faced with a rather complicated issue, I admit that much. And if he'll be able to transcend it in Chapters, I'll even applaud. But that's a long, long way...
    DF was all about indecision. Just look at Zoe.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Here for April Ryan
    DF was all about indecision. Just look at Zoe.
    Yeah, but Zoe is a girl, so that makes it OK. Since we are on the topic of sexism and counter-sexism.

Smile

“Also, the Red Thread Games website will go live this week – with a little surprise. " - RagnarTornquist

What could this "little surprise" be?