Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: Dreamfall Chapters: what we know

Last week the release of Unity 5 DFC 1-3 was put on hold because RTG waited for Unity 5.2.2 Patch 4. The patch released in Monday and RTG build a few new beta builds where all critical bugs are fixed. Unity 5 Dreamfall is expected to release this week while Book Four is coming quite soon.

Unity 5 Dreamfall reached a final release candidate. Almost There!

After fixing of final blocker bugs RTG is looking to release Unity 5 Dreamfall today or tomorrow.

Quick update!

- Unity 5 Dreamfall released November 23,
    - GOG and Humble version will release together with Book Four,
    - trailer for Book Four was finished November 28,
    - the files for Book Four beta arrived on SteamDB,

WAITING CONTINUES

Dreamfall Chapters Book Four Revelations is coming December 3, 2015. The fantastic trailer is released!

Dreamfall Chapters Book Four released December 3. There are a lot of Revelations to both TLJ and Dreamfall lores. And super cliffhanger lol. No info about Book Five yet.

evolutionary sleeper
    As a standalone experience, Book 4 is a series of beautiful fragments. Regarding the big picture, however, I'm starting to get worried. All the four Books are opening new subplots like there's no tomorrow, and while we get (somewhat offhand) answers to the questions that were left open in Dreamfall, I see more and more question marks that are new in Chapters. Will Book 5 be able to conclude all of them, or are we heading towards another Dreamfall ending?
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    As a standalone experience, Book 4 is a series of beautiful fragments. Regarding the big picture, however, I'm starting to get worried. All the four Books are opening new subplots like there's no tomorrow, and while we get (somewhat offhand) answers to the questions that were left open in Dreamfall, I see more and more question marks that are new in Chapters. Will Book 5 be able to conclude all of them, or are we heading towards another Dreamfall ending?
    Don't forget that Dreamer Cycle (Dreamfall + Dreamfall Chapters) was designed as middle part of trilogy. There will be a lot of questions at the end but i think that Book Five will explain some Dreamfall mysteries.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Kin View Post
    Don't forget that Dreamer Cycle (Dreamfall + Dreamfall Chapters) was designed as middle part of trilogy. There will be a lot of questions at the end but i think that Book Five will explain some Dreamfall mysteries.
    Actually, most Dreamfall mysteries are already answered in DFC (as seen in your excellent Revelations... thread). Come to think of it, I don't see such a huge amount of mystery in DFC either - we practically know who the Prophet and the Undreaming are (yes, yes, there can be surprises, but still), we know what they want, and we know their main tools. We lack exactly what happens and how, and of course, an "official" revelation of the Prophet would be nice, and after Book 4, something regarding the Yaga. But that's all, and it can fit into Book 5 nice and snug.
    What bothers me is that there are a lot of subthreads that don't seem to be going anywhere - most things that happened in Stark, the entire Saga subplot (even though I love it), and probably a few things in Arcadia as well. I'm sure we'll see how Saga fits in, but what of the rest?
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

The fifth (and final) part of Dreamfall Chapters is titled Book Five Redux. Many plot points from Dreamfall will be adressed. Coming Spring 2016. This will be also...the end of whole saga.

evolutionary sleeper
    So... care to bet if it ends with a cliffhanger or not?

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    So... care to bet if it ends with a cliffhanger or not?
    I think it won't be definitively conclusive, but it can hardly be as much of a cliff hanger as Dreamfall itself. More like TLJ, probably. Definitively an ending, and yet you definitively wanted more of it.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    I think it won't be definitively conclusive, but it can hardly be as much of a cliff hanger as Dreamfall itself. More like TLJ, probably. Definitively an ending, and yet you definitively wanted more of it.
    What I expect is a conclusion of most (probably not all) Dreamfall threads, and some pretty hairy open questions related to one or more of the new threads. Maybe the downfall of the Arcadia dreamcrunching operation and the Prophet (wouldn't be too surprised if he got away, though), but most probably no solution to the political situation in Stark. Also... Saga?

Dreamfall Chapters Book Five REDUX is coming June 17. It will be the last game in TLJ saga because Ragnar said that TLJH will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Kin View Post
    Dreamfall Chapters Book Five REDUX is coming June 17. It will be the last game in TLJ saga because Ragnar said that TLJH will not happen.
    It's out right now (downloading as I type). And I'm still hoping that TLJH or a similar later game will turn up at some point. We waited 7 years for DF and DFC, what's a few more?
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"