Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamfall Chapters: what we know

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Sure, she was supposed to have an accent. And it sounds like they picked a non-native English speaker for the part rather than have someone fake an accent. But the character still sounded to me like someone reading lines rather than naturally speaking with an accent.
    My toughts exactly...
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Dreamworld Member
    Liv's VA just sounds like she's in constant pain putting on that hideous accent.. She probably looked at Ragnar and was like "What on earth are you making me do with my voice!?" I like her character, but I'd just read the subs and skipped her talking ASAP after my 1st playthrough. Na'ane I tolerated, but when she's chanting in preparation of her magic.. Just.. no
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -Zoë Castillo
    --

I thought it was supposed to be calm and almost monotonous. Like how Venar have such weird way of talking. I thought it tied with her race or something. I found her voice calming lol

And for Liv, I thought it really suited the person that was portrayed. Like suited the character model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be calm and almost monotonous. Like how Venar have such weird way of talking. I thought it tied with her race or something. I found her voice calming lol

And for Liv, I thought it really suited the person that was portrayed. Like suited the character model.
    Ditto. But then again, I'm not native English speaker either. Maybe that's why Liv's accent didn't grate on my ears.

As for Na'ane, I don't know... I did like her voice, too. When she was hypnotizing Zoë, it did sound hypnotic to me.

I really think that if Ragnar and the team put so much care in the dubbing of the game in general, they wouldn't let one character sound just like she was "reading lines". There must be a reason for her to talk like that. Like Miral said, probably she's not native... But Alltongue is supposed to come naturally to a person "who knows how to listen". The concept of "native" is null here. Confusing, isn't it? I'm probably thinking too much into it.

FIRST SCREENSHOT OF CHAPTERS THAT I FOUND IN A NEW NORWEGIAN INTERWIEW WITH RAGNAR!

http://www.pressfire.no/image/screen...7/2798/ss0.png

[it's a painting like I see it. Probably some ideas or something...]

Source: http://www.pressfire.no/spesialer/In...spillhistorier
    Last edited by Norwegian; 11-23-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    " They say that every story has a beginning and an end, but sometimes the two are one at the same time "

- Zoe Castillo

" Players do not play a game because the star is the 'wrong' gender. I don't believe that for a second "

- Ragnar Tørnquist

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    FIRST SCREENSHOT OF CHAPTERS THAT I FOUND IN A NEW NORWEGIAN INTERWIEW WITH RAGNAR!

http://www.pressfire.no/image/screen...7/2798/ss0.png

[it's a painting like I see it. Probably some ideas or something...]

Source: http://www.pressfire.no/spesialer/In...spillhistorier
    I think that's some of the old Dreamfall concept art..

Quote Originally Posted by Lautaro View Post
    I think that's some of the old Dreamfall concept art..
    The article said it's from Chapters.
    " They say that every story has a beginning and an end, but sometimes the two are one at the same time "

- Zoe Castillo

" Players do not play a game because the star is the 'wrong' gender. I don't believe that for a second "

- Ragnar Tørnquist

Here for April Ryan
    That picture was in the NFI article published back on November 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    Then it's fake

shut or i'm going to do some magic tricks behind my truck, you fat fuck.

- Zoe Castillo

- Ragnar Tørnquist

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    I actually did a blogpost on that picture being old Dreamfall concept art 20 days ago. http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot...m-chamber.html
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    I saw that, and wondered what they knew. Either Ragnar told them it's going to be used as concept for DFC, or someone there got creative.

That's a pretty old concept that was part of DF. I think my booklet had that on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

Here for April Ryan
    Key news (as far as my Google Translate Fu can get me) from that interview the Norwegian linked to:

- Tornquist is a "star of the Norwegian game industry"... XD
    - RTG will go on Kickstarter in Spring 2013 ("så kommer vi til å begynne med en Kickstarter til våren") and they have already began planning the presentation, rewards, etc.
    - Tornquist is confident that they will Kickstart the project at first attempt and the game will be "scaled" according to how much they collect (s-silly Ragnar, i-it's not like we like your games that much >__>)
    - The original grant from the Norwegian Film Fund in 2007 was never spent and returned in full; the new one from NFI this year doesn't have anything to do with the old one
    - DFC will not be like The Walking Dead and Jurassic Park by Telltale (which Tornquist considers "interactive movies") in terms of gameplay; instead, it will have a linear plot set in an open world (like in TSW)
    - Tornquist promises to explore topics not normally discussed in video games (and what he says sounds suspiciously similar to what Avellone said the other month)

On a side note, Tornquist praised Uncharted 2 for having a linear story that still felt like you have control over it and for its story pacing.

And just so it's said, I'm currently translating the interview - I'm British, but I live in Norway so I'm fluent in both languages. Hopefully it won't be long until it's done.

Here for April Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow's fan View Post
    And just so it's said, I'm currently translating the interview - I'm British, but I live in Norway so I'm fluent in both languages. Hopefully it won't be long until it's done.
    Thanks! But you should let us know earlier that you are on the translation, otherwise some (like me) get overeager.