Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamfall Chapters: what we know

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I would have liked to know which engine they picked, but he probably doesn't want to share that information yet.

The fact that they're considering console ports suggests that they'll probably want to use an off-the-shelf solution like the Unreal Engine, as that would make the game easy to adapt to different platforms. Even iOS and Android ports would be possible.
    I sense Unity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

i heard that there is going to be a new heroine ?! Do we really need it ? I mean it would be like: find zoe castillo and april ryan, find them, save them

Here for April Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutja View Post
    i heard that there is going to be a new heroine ?! Do we really need it ? I mean it would be like: find zoe castillo and april ryan, find them, save them
    Unless Tørnquist meant the part about April's "actual death" literally. -__-

Anyhow, the Eurogamer interview says we will "take direct control of an as yet unknown hero", and in this blog post, Tørnquist speaks of "a very exciting new heroine". Add two and two and we have a new female lead for DFC (doesn't mean that Zoe, for instance, won't be playable again, however).
    Last edited by Koveras; 11-17-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Dreamworld Member
    I'm sort of frightened for this new heroine. Ragnar's very sadistic... The first one dies immediately after having a destiny-crisis and then the secone one is comatose, meanwhile she didn't save April or Reza... -_- What's gonna happen with the 3rd? Probably the world will explode and it'll all be her fault... And then she goes comatose, ends up in the dreamtime like Zoe, and then the Vagabond will personally kill her. Ragnar really must out do himself on making the herone being utterly useless..
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -Zoë Castillo
    --

my oppinion is that april and crow are the best team in the whole saga. New heroine is too much. It seems for me that with it they are going away from the main story and the main story = april. The whole thing is about APRIL'S adventure. Just look at the Dreamfall, they bring zoe in and all became a bit colder (if you know what i mean) the whole game i waited to play with april...
    I dont know i dont like the new heroine idea...

I do think that another heroine is really stretching thin. Unless Ragnar really fleshed this one out. Like if we have another girl with another type of shifting power (besides actual shifting that April has and Dreaming power that Zoe has) then it will get really weird imo. You already have a great myriad of characters to explore and strengthen, why use the time you have on an entirely new character?

But this might mean April is really dead (as in not on this plane of existence anymore) and Zoe will remain as a ghost.

On your point Dutja, no this isn't just April's story. This is the story of the Balance. There are many many aspects to the Balance and many stories to be told. These stories involve other key people. Having said that, I too want a decent April story line and a decent conclusion to her story. Of course she is our first love!
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    Anyhow, the Eurogamer interview says we will "take direct control of an as yet unknown hero", and in this blog post, Tørnquist speaks of "a very exciting new heroine". Add two and two and we have a new female lead for DFC (doesn't mean that Zoe, for instance, won't be playable again, however).
    That link doesn't work for me, and I can't remember it originally: was that written before DF came out, or is he talking about DFC?

While I didn't really like Kian, I'm willing to give him a chance to grow on me as a main character.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    I do think that another heroine is really stretching thin. Unless Ragnar really fleshed this one out. Like if we have another girl with another type of shifting power (besides actual shifting that April has and Dreaming power that Zoe has) then it will get really weird imo. You already have a great myriad of characters to explore and strengthen, why use the time you have on an entirely new character?
    It's usually good to start with a new character in case this happens to be the first game in the series that someone plays. Especially so since there's so much time between releases. It allows a new player to learn the world along with the character, which helps with identification and prevents an exposition dump. It's also interesting for existing players, as they get to see familiar things from a different perspective.

But yeah, I hope that a new character doesn't also mean a new world-crossing mechanic. The system is complicated enough as it is, with the 2.5 existing methods.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    It's usually good to start with a new character in case this happens to be the first game in the series that someone plays. Especially so since there's so much time between releases. It allows a new player to learn the world along with the character, which helps with identification and prevents an exposition dump. It's also interesting for existing players, as they get to see familiar things from a different perspective.
    That's definitely true. I guess Ragnar can't write a male character though?

no, april must be in a DC
    After all she is lady Alvane

Here for April Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    On your point Dutja, no this isn't just April's story. This is the story of the Balance. There are many many aspects to the Balance and many stories to be told. These stories involve other key people. Having said that, I too want a decent April story line and a decent conclusion to her story. Of course she is our first love!
    If that story is really about the Balance, then the new heroine must be a native Arcadian. So far, we have had three playable Starkians but only one Arcadian, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    That link doesn't work for me, and I can't remember it originally: was that written before DF came out, or is he talking about DFC?
    That was posted on June 8, 2009. Archive.org is borked at the moment and Tornquist was too lazy to restore his old blog after the hack. I mean, it's not like he had anything important to do between 2006 and this month. >__>

While I didn't really like Kian, I'm willing to give him a chance to grow on me as a main character.
    Kian's main problem is that he appears in, like, two scenes in the entire game. He is not a weak character, just painfully underdeveloped for the fact that he is supposed to be a tritagonist to April and particularly Zoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    But yeah, I hope that a new character doesn't also mean a new world-crossing mechanic. The system is complicated enough as it is, with the 2.5 existing methods.
    Which is why a new Arcadian heroine would help matters a lot: she can do stuff in Arcadia, while Zoe works on her end in Stark. That way, she does not need to reinvent the wheel again. Or she could just be the first Arcadian Shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    Which is why a new Arcadian heroine would help matters a lot: she can do stuff in Arcadia, while Zoe works on her end in Stark. That way, she does not need to reinvent the wheel again. Or she could just be the first Arcadian Shifter.
    Besides, it would be really interesting to see a native Arcadian view on things, particularly a character from Marcuria or there about. We know very little about Arcadia, in a way, and we haven't really gotten know how they view their world. And we definitively haven't gotten to know how they view our world.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

I think native Arcadian is a great idea! I really hope so.
    Maybe an apprentice magician. She could have puzzle related spells?

someone like na'ane...?

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutja View Post
    someone like na'ane...?
    God noooooooooo!!
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.