Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Dreamfall Chapters: what we know

evolutionary sleeper
    And the Journey ends... It's a very strange feeling to find all the answers after all this time. It was an epic finale, for sure - magnificent audiovisuals, great subplot closures (mostly), and some really good character touches. Let's be generous and not mention software quality and gameplay - then we can say it's a very satisfying end to the Dreamer Cycle.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

I was actually disappointed by Dreamfall Chapters. Not so much fantasy as before, instead a lot of recycling of old material.

Way too much revisiting of the places April and Zoe travelled to, way too much melancholy for this or the other character, or reshaped story places.

Then they replaced the cliche of little girl with the house, from first Dreamfall, with an actual story evidently resembling the Nazi regime. There are plenty of Nazi stories out there, I just don't see the point of a new one.

And the thing that Brian Westhouse was the Prophet was very predictable from the first Dreamfall.

Also the fact that they made the reborn April, Saga, travel through time in order to make her an adult very fast is just boring. They could have used any other character.

It's just an ending putting together a lot of pieces which don't fit very well.

I was quite satisfied, overall. I think I'm going to consider Dreamfall and Dreamfall: Chapters one (long) game. With Dreamfall's (lack of) ending, I think it works better that way. Nothing will top The Longest Journey, but overall I liked this ending.

I still wouldn't mind more, though. I want more Saga.
    Someone is out to make me paranoid.

Book Five Redux is awesome conclusion to Dreamer Cycle and TLJ saga (sort of). It answers tons of questions snd left few nice mysteries. As for Dreamfall as one big game - Dreamfall was designed as two-part story and middle part of trilogy.

Im happy with the ending to Dreamer Cycle.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep View Post
    I was actually disappointed by Dreamfall Chapters. (...)
    Actually, I liked most of the stuff in Chapters that you found disappointing. Many aspects of Dreamfall were discussed to death, and most of the mysteries were solved correctly by the fans - however, it was still lovely to see presented to us the way Ragnar imagined it.

One minor fault of Chapters was that the characters were a bit boring, and Saga was exactly the right person to amend that - I loved her every incarnation. And since you saw the House of All Worlds in TLJ, time travelling shouldn't be so surprising. She just came back to tip the Balance a bit - nothing wrong with that.

Storywise, my only issue with DFC is that the entire Europolis part of the game remained largely irrelevant - it was interesting and well presented, but it had no effect whatsoever on the grand outcome, and it didn't even have an outcome on its own.

Also, Book 5 proved that I was right all along - Kian is now officially a pussy
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    Also, Book 5 proved that I was right all along - Kian is now officially a pussy
    The gay remark I found boring as well. Besides the fact that Kian was making out with Anna, which would not make much sense, it's also such a cliche nowadays. You're just not cool enough if you don't have a gay character in the story.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep View Post
    The gay remark I found boring as well. Besides the fact that Kian was making out with Anna, which would not make much sense, it's also such a cliche nowadays. You're just not cool enough if you don't have a gay character in the story.
    Well, Kian was quite shocked after the kiss, and in any case, Red Thread made it didn't happen by messing up the C/C states in the saved game between Books 2 and 3. So there

And, while I'd agree that bringing in a gay character just for the sake of it is simply bad writing, I've been saying for years that Kian is a huge pu**y, so it's not like coming out of the blue.