Thread: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Installation

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Installation

Hello,

I have the Dreamfall & Longest Journey Limited Edition set, which I have only just installed.

While the Longest Journey works fine, I have problems with Dreamfall.

During installation a window was displayed saying additional drivers (I think) needed installing.

I clicked OK, but my Kaspersky Internet Protection blocked it saying suspicious driver installation was detected.

I had the choice to allow it, but as I have no idea if it is normall decided to terminate the program.

Does anyone know what the drivers may be, and if it is safe to install it/them ?

Regards,

Nick

most probably its starforce drm drivers. real buggers and outdated too, but safe to install. what you need to do to run the game is install that stuff but do NOT reboot after the installer finishes and asks you to. then do here, scroll to "2. Versions before 5.5:" section, download and install the update. reboot and see if it works. if it still doesn't look in this thread for more info.

hope this helps.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

Quote Originally Posted by LLlaxmep View Post
    most probably its starforce drm drivers. real buggers and outdated too, but safe to install. what you need to do to run the game is install that stuff but do NOT reboot after the installer finishes and asks you to. then do here, scroll to "2. Versions before 5.5:" section, download and install the update. reboot and see if it works. if it still doesn't look in this thread for more info.

hope this helps.
    Tried this but even though the program installed I get a message on startup.

"Insert the DREAMFALL (Keyless) disc into the disc drive."

The message is then "Please wait - checking disc." There is a short spin but nothing happens - I wait ages and then close the window. This results in a message "Unhandled exception in the Protection System Host Application".

I notice that maybe I should replace the Dreamfall.exe file with another one, but just seem to end up on a Frech site which I don't understand.

Where should I get the replacement .exe file ?

Has anyone ever managed to get Dreamfall working with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit ?

Regards,

Nick.

The game works flawlessly, it's the copy protection that doesn't. One option is to install the patch that's originally meant for the US 6 CD version, but it can also be installed over most other versions of the game and removes the DRM.

Or you could pick up the GOG version, which is DRM-free to begin with.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    The game works flawlessly, it's the copy protection that doesn't. One option is to install the patch that's originally meant for the US 6 CD version, but it can also be installed over most other versions of the game and removes the DRM.

Or you could pick up the GOG version, which is DRM-free to begin with.
    Re-installed the game and before attempting to run it applied the patch above.

Now it works great - thanks for the info Flo.

Regards,

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1954 View Post
    Hello,

I have the Dreamfall & Longest Journey Limited Edition set, which I have only just installed.

While the Longest Journey works fine, I have problems with Dreamfall.

During installation a window was displayed saying additional drivers (I think) needed installing.

I clicked OK, but my Kaspersky Internet Protection blocked it saying suspicious driver installation was detected.

I had the choice to allow it, but as I have no idea if it is normall decided to terminate the program.

Does anyone know what the drivers may be, and if it is safe to install it/them ?

Regards,

Nick
    I have seen this problem pop up. also to note that the trainers also detect as malware under modern virus scanners.
    :OutATime: