Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Westhouse is the Prophet - It's Proven Now

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    I still think the whole time is a circle thing means that we've seen things happen out of order... I always found it weird how the monks seemed to be pleased with what was about to happen while the Vagabond was really scared. That said I too found that the Sentinels were a little bit obsessing sometimes, but does that make me an evil prophet? Anywayz maybe Brian being send into the storytime was not the problem, but the solution?

This is the thing: Chavez sends Brian into the Storytime (for the 1st time). The Undreaming enters his body (angry Brian gets to Arcedia). Brian got killed in the war (with the Tyren) or the Undreaming left his body. There is a happy Brian which either is the Undreaming in disguise which is the Prophet OR (and I prefer this one) happy Brian is the real Brian, but the Undreaming 'copied' Brian because he is the only living person he knows.

Also: I do still think that the white lady is the white dragon… I said it before: things could be shown in the wrong order. Maybe The White Dragon got attacked before we April met her. She could be possessed too. Also: it seems like she is trying to 'steer' April and Zoe in a certain direction...

So then the scene with 'time is a circle' could actually be 'NOW'...

I'm so confused now... :l
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    I still think that the real reason why he disliked it so much was the fact that he had been stuck there.
    We notice in Dreamfall his attitude has changed.

Speaking to April,

Brian Westhouse: I do feel fantastic. I was bitter and angry back then. Angry at myself, at being stuck in this world... Now, I don't see Arcadia as a prison anymore. I see it as an opportunity to grow, and learn, and experience.
    I'd forgotten why I crossed the Divide in the first place. I wanted to go where few had gone, where there were still untrodden paths... Losing my home, being forced to run, it was certainly an awakening - and one I sorely needed.

Wow Quna you've made some great points there! o.0"
    Speechless...
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

There's one thing when you find someone a bit obsessing sometimes, and another case entirely when you find someone a cold-hearted piece of shit obsessing over irrelevant things, holding on a way of life that MUST be destroyed for everyone's good and not giving a shit about poor people they should be helping out instead of cherishing their stupid beliefs. And I'm sure both the Vanguard and Mr. Westhouse were the latter case.
    ah, the arrogance of youth . this is very dangerous line of thought there, girl. it led to unbelievable atrocities over the course of human history and it will, undoubtedly, do so again. tradition, even though it has a tendency to root people in the past, is there for a reason.
    /old fart mode off

and again, what was so horribly wrong with brian when he was just a drunk collecting maps?
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

What... it's my "wtf" mode on now... what's dangerous there? What? Huh? What are you even talking about there? ^..^
    tradition, life experience, wisdom - all the stuff you are all too ready do dismiss when somebody strikes you as a "cold-hearted piece of shit obsessing over irrelevant things, holding on a way of life that MUST be destroyed".

For me people who are drunk all the time are already horribly wrong :P
    That's what we're speculating about: was something wrong or not? (apart from being a drunkard). Your thoughts?
    i agree on "people who are drunk all the time" part. as to my thoughts on brian - i'm not original and on the side of a more or less established theory about him being used by the undreaming as a vessel of sorts, with his drunkard times being "incubation period" so to say. and there are of course things about him that strike me as strange, notably his conversion from a spiteful good-for-nothing drunkard to a cheerful fellow and a traveler wise in the ways of the world.
    Last edited by LLlaxmep; 04-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.

And I still don't see how this is connected to what I wrote there >..> I think you misunderstood the point entirely. Try re-reading, perhaps twice... ^..^
    or, i did, and many times, not just twice. my english, admittedly, sucks, but still, no matter how i try, i can't help but picture you arguing with your grandma about stuff and then posting something like that.

I find it more suspicious that he was collecting maps at that time... I mean, for someone with no interest to learn more about the world he's stuck in, it's quite a weird hobby.
    yeah, i agree. also, when i was replaying tlj - first time i breezed through it, completely enthralled and not paying much attention to details - i remember being stuck on the part where april had to get a hint about alatien from brian, because, really, who would turn to him for a hint like that, right? i remember how odd it looked to me - that was probably the first time i thought that maybe there was more to westhouse than it seemed.

okay, now i get it. but then i think you misunderstand the vanguard - and westhouse too for that matter - there. what makes you think they considered the sentinel "to be a piece of shit and hating them with all their hearts"? "heart" and "hating" - now these are things that i, personally, never associated with vanguard at all. to me it was their methods that made them evil, not their ideas. remember, they began as sentinels themselves, but, unlike their arcadian brothers, they didn't have access to magic, left only with the concept of the balance to sustain them in their purpose. tbh, when tobias explained them to april i remember thinking "hey, i kinda understand them, being separated from magic they once knew like that". so, imo, vanguard as an idea is not so evil.

on a side note, i always wandered (and we are never told i think) if it was mc'allen who started vanguard as a movement, or did he merely take control of it at some point.

Considering how rusty my Russian is nowadays, I don't think it can do much good if I translate, so I'll just sum up the conversation in English :P
    Me: "Heey, Westhouse agreed with the Vanguard's philosophy, I think he's on their side!"
    Skizzo: "Just because he didn't like the Sentinels doesn't mean he was a bad guy"
    Me: "There's a difference between not liking someone, and considering them to be a piece of shit and hating them with all your heart. Brian and the Vanguard are both the latter one - considering them (the Sentinels) to be a piece of shit and hating them with all their hearts."
    As far as my comment goes: close, but not right on the dot. What I actually meant was 'Just because he didn't like the Sentinel doesn't mean he agreed with the Vanguard.'

Quote Originally Posted by LLlaxmep View Post
    okay, now i get it. but then i think you misunderstand the vanguard - and westhouse too for that matter - there. what makes you think they considered the sentinel "to be a piece of shit and hating them with all their hearts"? "heart" and "hating" - now these are things that i, personally, never associated with vanguard at all. to me it was their methods that made them evil, not their ideas. remember, they began as sentinels themselves, but, unlike their arcadian brothers, they didn't have access to magic, left only with the concept of the balance to sustain them in their purpose. tbh, when tobias explained them to april i remember thinking "hey, i kinda understand them, being separated from magic they once knew like that". so, imo, vanguard as an idea is not so evil.
    I also don't get why Brian would think the Sentinel 'a piece of shit and hating them'. How do you come to that conclusion, Quna?

And you also make a very good point LLlaxmep in that there is a difference in believing in something and the methods you use to accomplish them (but I think we can all agree on that). Like you I do not think that the ideas of the Vanguard made them evil: they had their reasons/beliefs to want the Balance restored. Whether you agree with those reasons and beliefs is a different matter, but their ideas in themselves were not evil. What they did to try and accomplish their ideas is of course a different matter.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

So now we're 100% sure - Brian is Prophet. But it doesn't mean that he is evil. In TLJ Brian is against Vanguard, he decided to stay in Marcuria and fight Tyrens. In Dreamfall he became Azadi Prophet who is behind Azadi Tower and "death" of April. Dreamfall prologue and epilogue are hard to understand. In 1933, with help of Red Kin, Brian reached monastery in Tibet. After ritual, he entered Storytime and unchained Undreaming.

I don't think so that there are two Brians - real one and Undreaming form. There is only one Brian Westhouse who became Prophet and has some kind of task to do. The nature of his goal is unknown. I dont think so that he is evil. For now, his actions seem to be bad but i think that at the end it will be revealed as very good work made to save the worlds.

Untill Dreamfall Chapters, we can't find out nature of Brian/Prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldsReunited View Post
    I still think the whole time is a circle thing means that we've seen things happen out of order... I always found it weird how the monks seemed to be pleased with what was about to happen while the Vagabond was really scared. That said I too found that the Sentinels were a little bit obsessing sometimes, but does that make me an evil prophet? Anywayz maybe Brian being send into the storytime was not the problem, but the solution?
    Solution to stop WATIcorp?
    Last edited by Blue Kin; 04-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Actually spice merchant looks more like the Prophet :P . That would be a totally silly plot twist.
    Last edited by Profc; 05-01-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Profc View Post
    Actually spice merchant looks more like the Prophet :P . That would be totally silly plot twist.
    I'd love that twist
    this room has no outer walls

Quote Originally Posted by tun_luiec View Post
    I'd love that twist
    Would you just cut my heart out already?

There is a resemblance between Brian and the Prophet, in both their moustache and beard, as it can be seen in the close-up at the beginning of the stairs in the underground city, in Dreamfall.

Quote Originally Posted by awakedream View Post
    There is a resemblance between Brian and the Prophet, in both their moustache and beard, as it can be seen in the close-up at the beginning of the stairs in the underground city, in Dreamfall.
    It's the same model.