Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Westhouse is the Prophet - It's Proven Now

Dreamworld Member

Westhouse is the Prophet - It's Proven Now

Last edited by Quna; 07-01-2015 at 03:11 PM.

That's cool. But it could still be explained in the same way as the thread you were refering to: Since the Prophet's face would be virtually unseen in the game, they just reused Westhouse's model so they wouldn't have to do a new one.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Since it could have not been seen, they didn't need a face at all, or just some low-res bunch of polygons with only the eye textures or whatever there was. Why copy Brian? modeling and texturing this thing couldn't have taken more than twenty minutes if they never cared what it would have looked like.
    Very good point.

Very good way of showing how the faces are identical! The only thing besides KHH's remark is that the programmers simply reused face models of characters instead of creating entire new ones (although I personally doubt that is the case). So the question that remains is whether these two characters are the only one in the game sharing the exact same face structure, or if there are more. But that would mean checking the face structure of all characters.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Cool
    The only question which is still here - why did no one do this before?

Dreamworld Member
    I have an explanation for them looking identical... Briant Westhouse has a twin! Dun dun dun!! The Undreaming didn't take over his body.. it copied his body! So the Prophet is the Undreaming disguised as Brian Westhouse...!

LOL, that made less and less sense as I was typing it. A theory that has no backbone! Spineless. ;(
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -Zo Castillo
    --

evolutionary sleeper
    excellent job! it goes into a very similar direction as the "Lady Alvane" question, though. you have all but proven that at the time of Dreamfall's creation, Westhouse was the intended prophet. he may not be any longer in Chapters...
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Dreamworld Member
    At the very least, the 3D face models are the same No doubt about it anymore, I can't believe I could've done it so much earlier. I was actually inspired by an old thread in which someone had exported Brian's and Prophet's textures and compared (can anyone find it?), so I have exported the whole models.
    Found it!!! http://forums.longestjourney.com/sho...prophet&page=2
    I had to search the entire world (forum) for it!
    I look like a real sailor. Arrr matey!

evolutionary sleeper
    Oh well, April might not be the daughter of the WK in the chapters, they might change their mind about giving Kian a bigger role, they might change their mind about bringing Zoe back at all, and so on and on and on.
    Well, seeing it all collected, it does sound a bit unfair...

OK, let's stick to Dreamfall, and accept your proof that Brian is indeed the Prophet.
    Where does this information get us?
    - Brian is (presumably) controlled by the Undreaming, and the Prophet is controlling the Azadi. So, the significant Azadi acts are by the will of the Undreaming. What's their objective? To build that damn tower? All those wars simply to build a huge tower? And then?
    - Where the Dreamtime console connects to this all?

I know that these have been discussed multiple times, but they may look different if we fix one of the important variables. Fire away!
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Dreamworld Member
    Or it could just be that Ragnar wanted us to believe that Brian is the prophet, because they share the same facial textures... I don't believe they would do such a thing incidentally..

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    Well, seeing it all collected, it does sound a bit unfair...

OK, let's stick to Dreamfall, and accept your proof that Brian is indeed the Prophet.
    Where does this information get us?
    - Brian is (presumably) controlled by the Undreaming, and the Prophet is controlling the Azadi. So, the significant Azadi acts are by the will of the Undreaming. What's their objective? To build that damn tower? All those wars simply to build a huge tower? And then?
    - Where the Dreamtime console connects to this all?

I know that these have been discussed multiple times, but they may look different if we fix one of the important variables. Fire away!

I think that Wati is trying to invade arcadia through dreams. Undreaming is the unknown third party enemy that is here to destroy all.

As for the Prophet. I think it is Brian.
    Last edited by Profc; 01-29-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Great work! What programme are you using to view the models?

The key thing for me here is Brian's beard. That part is conveniently shadowed out on the Prophet, but his chin is as long as Brian's (which is, presumably, slightly lengthened by his beard).

At the very least, the 3D face models are the same No doubt about it anymore, I can't believe I could've done it so much earlier. I was actually inspired by an old thread in which someone had exported Brian's and Prophet's textures and compared (can anyone find it?), so I have exported the whole models. Here's are the screenshots of the working process:

P.S. I know my policy is against opening new threads, but I feel so very important right now, that my ego couldn't possibly fit in a crowded thread, so I needed a new one with a lot of space. ^..^
    One big flaw, Quna. I'd like to point out, that if I made a game for example, with a clocked figure in it. I wouldn't make an entirely new avatar, I'd recycle a old one, or I'd implant it as a red herring.

That's the only problem.
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Seen this be4 ^^,
    We just have 2 wait where the story takes us. As mentioned be4 things may change with DFC.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Dreamworld Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldsReunited View Post
    Seen this be4 ^^,
    We just have 2 wait where the story takes us. As mentioned be4 things may change with DFC.
    Of course.. 6 years already passed. It's difficult to have the same things in your mind after all these years.