Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything is true [ARG]

Everything is true [ARG]

Hello my Friends,

I feel quite lost right now. This is the only lead I’ve got and I need your help… Forgive me for not properly introducing myself, but I want to stay anonymous. Just in case…

I’m an orphan. My parents died when I was young and I lived at my aunt and uncles house ever since. The most intriguing place in their house is the attic filled with all kinds of old junk. I used to read there a lot since I didn’t have much friends.

A few days ago wandering through the attic I found a key hidden in small hole in the wall (it seemed to be covered by a closet until then). Suspicious what the keys purpose was I started searching. The next day I found a small chest containing a few items.

A letter (picture: http://i51.tinypic.com/16c6lpw.png)
    A cover from a book (inside: http://i52.tinypic.com/w6sfnd.png)
    A card (front: http://i52.tinypic.com/332otc3.png) (back: http://i55.tinypic.com/6qk74z.png)
    A ring (picture: http://i51.tinypic.com/r0rss5.png)
    A note (picture: http://i56.tinypic.com/2utole9.png)

I don’t know anything about the history of this items, but suspicious events surrounding the death of my parents, the fact that the cover mentions Arcedia and the quotes on the note brought me here.

Could you guys please take a look at all of it and help me solving whatever secret it is that this items hold.

X

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Finaly an TLJ ARG!!
    I tried to make one a few weeks ago but I failed big time :P.
    I will have a look at this tomorrow cuz I'm quite bussy right now .

For now this looks great!
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Hmm don't have a clue yet...
    Some help needed in here .
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Well, I tried looking for references to the numbers.. so far I have this. But... mah

---
    Hm. Tried them as coordinates, ended up someplace mountainous in/north of Nepal
    Last edited by tun_luiec; 06-21-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    this room has no outer walls

Hmm...
    Reminds of me of the after-credits scene with Westhouse and Cortez...
    Could it be related?

Anyway I was thinking about the relation between the items last night and this is what I got:

We have an cover from a book (but there are no pages) I believe that all the items are parts of TheUnkowns personal Travel Guide to Arcedia!

This is what we know:
    Motive to travel: Danger is coming, The Truth (from the Letter)
    Place of depature might be: 30 13 16 84 26 27.3 (Nepal) so yes I believe they might be coördinates.
    Destination: Arcedia (from cover)

Then we are left with a card an a ring. I think those two might come in handy in the place of depature.

Makes sense right?

Coordinates...
    I feel so stupid right now!
    I tried everything while the solution could be so simple!

As I told before I was really young when my parents died. They went on a vacation and I recall them talking about climbing gear although I don't know what their destination was. They never returned... I will never forget the moment my aunt ran in, yelling and screaming they were dead. I don't know how they died. I didn't ask... Everyone was so sad, I didn't want to make it worse.

I plan on visiting my aunt and uncle again and I'll confront them with the facts. I want to know what happend that day although I won't tell them about the items I found... I don't want them to get involved.

I'll be in contact soon

X

If I were, I would have done this before. You should ask you aunt and uncle about the circumstances your parents died. What was their profession? Were they researching on something?

And you do visit your parents' graves time to time, don't you? Emm, they have graves right?

And I want to ask a more personel question. Is your aunt or uncle sibling of your father or mother? These questions may seem irrevelant and you want to stay anonymous. But if you give more details about yourself, like what you are doing, any other strange things have happened to you on your life before, people here might help you better.

edit: Sorry, you already said your parents never returned. They do not have graves I presume. Did your aunt and uncle or the authorities search for their bodies at that time? I think you may ask these to your aunt and uncle.

I checked for the coordinates once more. They lead to a place called Zhongba in Tibet, China.

In wikipedia, the following info is given for this place:

Zhongba County (Chinese: 仲巴县; Pinyin: Zhōngbā Xiàn) is a county of the Xigazê Prefecture in the Tibet Autonomous Region. It is the largest county in the region of Xigaze, and is located in western Tibet.

Zhongba County has a population of 18,000 and covers 43,594 square kilometers. It is prone to quakes and suffered another large one, 6.8 on the Richter scale on 30 August, 2008. Although it left a 10 km crack in a north-south direction at the epicenter, which is located at 31° north and 83.6° east. Houses were damaged and roads blocked by falling rocks, but no one has been reported as injured. "Strong Earthquake in Tibet leaves no casualties, but big crack."

It is heavily populated with lakes. Renqingxiubu Co lake is known as Rinchen Subtso in Tibetan.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhongba_County

As you see, an eartquake with no causalities to life happened there in 30 August 2008. But a big crack appeared. Just for information...

If you google the news phrase from wikipedia, interesting web sites are found. You may try.
    Last edited by inspector; 06-22-2011 at 10:56 PM.

@inspector
    Tibet...
    Hmmm that changes a lot. I feel a relation to the Journey of Brian Westhouse again...

I agree with you that he/she should find out more about the circumstances....

---
    Quote:
    "Strong Earthquake in Tibet leaves no casualties, but big crack."

As you see, an eartquake with no causalities to life happened there in 30 August 2008. But a big crack appeared. Just for information...
    ---

Well I'm not sure how old he/she is, but I believe that he/she said his/her parents died when he/she was young so... and He/she plans on visiting her aunt & uncle again which indicates he/she moved out already so... the earthquake didn't kill his/her parents I think, but still... it might be related.

I just visited my aunt and uncle and I know more now.

My parents went to Zhongba (Tibet) on June 18 1981 with a small group of scientist. My aunt and uncle don’t know the corporation they were working for, or what they were researching although they told me my parents were pretty excited about the project. On July 2 1981 my parents received a message from the authorities that a dead body from one of the scientist was found, but the other members of the group were reported missing as they were supposed to return June 29. There is no information about what happened that day or where my parents bodies are (as it turns out they were never even officially reported dead!). I'm not sure it is mentioned in any newspaper or something (I searched for it but didn't found anything).

Now all there is left of them is a small statue in my aunt and uncles garden which became our monument to my parents.

I know I should have asked about all of this a long time ago, but it hurts… It hurts to feel the gap they left in my life again, my aunt, uncle and I don’t have a lot of contact anymore and I don’t have any other siblings (although they did have a son). At some point I feel there is hope… It always seemed to be so clear, they were dead… they would never return, but now… I’m not so sure about that anymore...

My uncle was a sibling from my Father. It is weird, but I always thought he was handling the news of my parents 'dead' too easy while the relation between my parents and my aunt and uncle was really good. Me myself I don’t have real job anymore, I studied acting (which turned out to be a big mistake). I live in a small apartment and I don’t have a boyfriend.

Weird things happening in my life? I’m not sure… of course there are ‘things’, but they don’t seem to have a connection…

I feel lost again right now… what should I do?

Step by step the truth is discovered ^^,

I've got a few questions for you:
    - What does the statue in your A&U's garden look like? I think you should check it out.
    - Although they did have a son, seems to tell us that your aunt and uncle's son died how did that happen?
    - What are, the things?

I will search for weird events in the area of the coördinates .

WorldsReunited is right.

I am sorry for your cousin, if he indeed died. His death may also be important and related to your parents' "death".

Hey, if the only reason you don't like acting now is being unemployed, do not worry. Maybe you will not regret this (studying acting) in the future.

I want to ask where you live (country, city, state, etc.).

WorldsReunited: "- What does the statue in your A&U's garden look like? I think you should check it out."

That is also right indeed. You found several things of notice in the attic, maybe you can find something important there too.

I also searched for the name of the book you found in the attic. Again in the internet. I have found web sites prepared to be a travel guide for several places having the same name "Arcadia", but not to a place named "Arcedia". There are several "Arcadia"s in the world such as in
    - Los Angeles, USA
    - California, USA
    - Other states of USA
    - Greece
    - Australia
    - South Africa
    - Ukraine
    etc.

but none in Tibet. It may or may not mean anything but interesting.
    Last edited by inspector; 06-24-2011 at 07:30 PM.

I have been restless all day. I checked the statue while my aunt & uncle weren't at home, but didn't find anything. I went to the studio (were my friends from college and I used to hang out) and started thinking... Why would someone use references to a game? The points of the games are: Faith, Balance and the Twin worlds right? Well there isn't a twin world I don't believe in Agartha and all but then again... Why?

I believe I shouldn't think of Arcedia as a real place... but then what does it mean? Should I search for a real world place resembling Arcedia? There are so much possibilities.

I'm sorry but I have my own personal reasons for not wanting to reveal my location, call it bad experiences.

My cousin dead was just normal... There is absolutely no relation to the dead of my parents. I'm sure of that...

I will go to a friend of mine tomorrow he is like super smart, I trust him and he might be able to help me out a little bit. I will contact you again soon.

Wait I almost forgot, although I don't have a picture of the statue I can describe it:
    It is a obelisk with the sun on one side, clouds on the other side and the words: 'Forver in our Hearts.' followed by my parents name.

X

I bet you've been, I know I would be... Bummer! I really believed the statue would hold a clue... What do you mean with bad experciences? Can you at least give us name or sth? Clueless again if your cousin doesn't relate to any of this.

Hopefully your friend will be a lot more helpfull.

I'm back.

I stayed over at my friends house yesterday. I told him pretty much everything, I knew I had to. He searched the web trying to help me and in the end he did found something. It was a recording from a camera shot on the exact location of the coorindates. I want to share the video with you guys, but I'm not really sure how... could you recommend a safe video sharing website for me?

My friend is working on details about the videos orgin right now and he will mail me more details once he found them.

In the main time I'll be looking for a job to earn money because I plan to visit Tibet as soon as posible.

X