Thread: No save games

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar

No save games

Hello everyone,

I recieved Dreamfall from a friend of my brother recently (it was original Rusian but I changed the language to english cuz I don't speak RS). I started playing and everything including loading/saving worked great. But when I arrived at the dugeon part I simply couldn't beat it. So I started searching and found a saved game, but then my problem appeared: Although saving and loading works great I'm unable to find the Savegames in Program Filles or My Documents. What do I have to do to add this downloaded savegame to my game?
    Last edited by WorldsReunited; 11-17-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

There should be a folder "saves" in DF main directory. Put savegames in it. Filename of savegame is "dreamfall_<number>.sav". You can edit <number> of the new savegames, so no old savegames will be replaced.
    Also you can search your computer for files with "dreamfall" in a name, to find a folder with them.
    You have a terrible temper and are totally incapable of social or domestic life? Congratulations, you are a genius!
    April Ryan versus the Prophet: the battle begins!

There was no folder like that, but it was a hidden one (harddd to find :P).
    I found it with: Process Monitor from MS.

I can finally continue the journey (that's way more fun than watching playtroughs and reading transscripts altough than can be fun as well ;p)

So this thread could be locked (MOD?)
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Care to report where you found them, for future reference?

Sorry for my late response

C:\Users\Here your acc name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Новый диск\Dreamfall – Бесконечное путешествие\saves

There is no way I fould have found it without that program ;')

Since it was under "VirtualStore", in theory you should have been able to find them by going to your Dreamfall install folder (which you already found) and then clicking on Compatibility Files in the toolbar.

Yeah, except that I wasn't

I have found the save games in both locations at diff times on my PC. finding the virtualstore was a bugger.
    :OutATime: