Thread: Chapter 5 Troll Cave - Does anyone have a save game?

Chapter 5 Troll Cave - Does anyone have a save game?

Hey, I've been stuck on this level for months now, I think there's some sort of glitch in my copy of the game, and I was wondering if someone had a save game for PC for just after the troll caves? I'd really appreciate it.

It's unlikely there's a glitch. Most likely, you haven't found the secret passages yet (there are two of them -- one gets you into another section of the caves, and the other gets you back).

Cool

The 2nd half of that cave was tricky...Keyword Archaic magical keypad...
    I was like wha?? haha. Fun fun
    "The Shades are drawn, the shades are drawn. the Shades are drawn.
    The Sh *sharp giggle* - April Blooper.
    "Thats Constable Guybrush my toy...Ape."
    "April Ryan, May she rest in limbo dead or alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamfallen2k10 View Post
    The 2nd half of that cave was tricky...Keyword Archaic magical keypad...
    I was like wha?? haha. Fun fun
    Fun fun yes! Tricky is fun! There is something greatly enjoyable about games that requires serious thinking, and some actual notes-making (been making a habit of this ever since playing Myst) ...or, referring my often unnecessarily elaborate notes, am I just mad and using this notes-business as an excuse to draw stuff?

And then there is the satisfaction of finally getting something right. I happened to overhear only yesterday - a day spent too much of on a bus - a couple of girls who spent almost 5 hours struggling with a level of some sort of game (somewhere along the way starting to make strange, furious squealing-noises, and exclamations like "this level gives me pimples!") on their computer. But when they finally did make it through they were so happy I almost laughed out loud with them: I was reminded of how I behave in similar situations (though my victory-laugh is disturbingly similar to ZIM's, so I prefer being on a less public site when playing)
    this room has no outer walls

Troll cave is the worst part of the game. Its so annoying, boring, and stupid.

You've got a very valid point, onion. The gate-puzzle is good. But the cave in general is indeed annoying etc.

Tun liec. Myst sounds like fun. another one hard to find but not to keen. Then there is the Zork series. Actually wasnt Zork after Myst? Currently alongside the TLJ and DF i'm playing, also have Secret Tunguska files.

Back to subject, yes the troll cave is quite claustraphobic. Key points; the troll sees u and runs away =/ or one that sends the "They have a cave troll," signal. Bigger than them.

Aye... three words: Hide and seek
    Actually, add observe. The environment is frustratingly alike wherever the heck you are.. but one gets a long way by observing the patterns of the minitrolls. It's tedious - the whole sequence is - but when you know when and where to move without getting spotted, you won't have to worry about the big trolls.

If you manage to make a sort of [mental(?)] map of the place - at least its general design -that might help. The notes-things does, too..

Or one could check SaveGameServer...?

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by onion View Post
    Troll cave is the worst part of the game. Its so annoying, boring, and stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by tun_luiec View Post
    You've got a very valid point, onion. The gate-puzzle is good. But the cave in general is indeed annoying etc.
    Well, IMO it's atmospheric, immersive and a welcome change from the rest of the gameplay. Go figure
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    Well, IMO it's atmospheric, immersive and a welcome change from the rest of the gameplay. Go figure
    I agree with AT here. Though it is a little bit too scary down there
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Scary? really?

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    I recieved Dreamfall from a friend of my brother recently (it was original Rusian but I changed the language to english cuz I don't speak RS). I started playing and everything including loading/saving worked great. But when I arrived at the dugeon part I simply couldn't beat it. So I started searching and found a saved game, but then my problem appeared: Although saving and loading works great I'm unable to find the Savegames in Program Filles or My Documents. What do I have to do to add this downloaded savegame to my game?

Edit: Solved the problem with a little program I can finaly continue playing!
    Last edited by WorldsReunited; 11-18-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

It is hard but it is part of the adventure ..there are hard tests in life and this is one of them lol. Just take time it will work out. And it is worth it to get past.
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    http://chris-today.blogspot.com

I have stopped playing Dreamfall until chapters comes, but before that I used a save game after the troll cave for nearly every playthrough. I love being in the center of the story of Dreamfall when I play it.
    :OutATime: