Thread: Chapter 5 Tunnels - What did I miss?

Chapter 5 Tunnels - What did I miss?

Just finished the game for the first time. I bought it years ago, but only recently got around to figuring out the problem with the unsigned drivers so the darn thing would play.

Overall, I loved it (with some criticisms I'm sure you've all heard before), but I got totally stuck in the tunnels in Chapter 5. I hate using walkthroughs, but when I get so fed up it's just not fun anymore, I do. However, even after reading several, I had no choice but to revert to an older saved game and start the area over.

Here's where I got stuck, after getting to the lower level and finding the gate with the symbols I said to myself, "Ah, so that's what position I have to turn all of those dials on the statues to." Only problem was, I wandered around the area for ages and couldn't find a way back to the upper level to change the statues I had already passed. All the walkthroughs I found simply told you what position to put those statues in the first time you find them, but without a walkthrough, you couldn't possibly know that! I'm finding it very hard to believe that a game like this would have a puzzle that is unsolvable without walkthrough, and/or reverting to an earlier point after getting information later in the game. So if that's not the case, what did I miss? How could I have gotten back to that upper level?

There is a secret door on the lower level, which leads to the upper (watch for the guardian troll - he is using it often).
    You have a terrible temper and are totally incapable of social or domestic life? Congratulations, you are a genius!
    April Ryan versus the Prophet: the battle begins!

Like the previous game, Dreamfall adheres to a philosophy, so no matter how much of the clues you miss, it should never be possible to become stuck.

Personally, I quite liked the catacomb level. The only annoying thing was that you could die there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kin View Post
    There is a secret door on the lower level, which leads to the upper (watch for the guardian troll - he is using it often).
    No, the secret passage is on of two places where you're safe from the big bugger. I used it often.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Remember April can hide and if you always remember this, and help her hide you can successfully take your time...it is only really bad when she is exposed and they can get to her. Just take your time and savour it, it is a very challenging but wonderful part of the adventure.
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    http://chris-today.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Qoutiyae View Post
    Hi all... I am new out here... I want to know that what is this chapter 5 Tunnels all about... Thanks in advance...!!
    You should play the game *hinthint*
    this room has no outer walls

Quote Originally Posted by tun_luiec View Post
    You should play the game *hinthint*
    Ees bot. Ees not player of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
    Ees bot. Ees not player of game.
    disappoint...
    this room has no outer walls

Whats in the tunnels you ask?.....nothing. Literally nothing.

The "Troll Cave" section is by far the most mindless, plotless, and boring puzzle in any adventure game. All you do is mindlessly wander around in a maze activating levers/buttons to get out. There is no plot, no story line, nothing but running around in a mindless maze for no reason. Dont even bother playing through it. I wish I never did.

a few playthroughs and it gets easier to know what is going on in there.
    :OutATime: