Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How the #!? do i get dreamfall to work on windows 7?

v1.0 [ENGLISH] Fixed EXE didn't work and I don't have a french version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawoodoz View Post
    v1.0 [ENGLISH] Fixed EXE didn't work and I don't have a french version of the game.
    The fix I mentioned works on all the editions, it just suggest you download a patch you shouldn't download.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

All search results for version 1.03 leads to the french version because it's old.

All search results for version 1.03 leads to the french version because it's old.
    Just download this file and replace your dreamfall.exe with it.
    http://m0004.gamecopyworld.com/games...LTI] Fixed EXE
    April Ryan is my friend,

I can't use that with version 1.0. The problem is to find the official 1.03 patch and not something newer.

I can't use that with version 1.0. The problem is to find the official 1.03 patch and not something newer.
    That file's worked with most of the Dreamfall 1.0 edition's I've seen. Only one I don't know if it works on is the 6CD version. But I thought that one used a different copy protection system.
    April Ryan is my friend,

Smile

The games started and seems to work.

The games started and seems to work.
    Great

Enjoy.
    April Ryan is my friend,

ARGH...help me!

I tried to install Dreamfall on windows 7. Ofcourse it didnt work and computer crashed.

Then I did this step:
    Go here, go to section 2 (for "drivers older than 5.5", and download & run SFDRVUP, after installing DF but before rebooting.

Computer rebooted without problem, but the game still doesnt wanna play. So I read something about downloading a patch and it referred me to this website Gamecopyworld. It has a link to 'Dreamfall: The Longest Journey v1.03 [MULTI] Fixed EXE'
    But it redirects me to this french website (and I read you shouldnt use this French edition cause it messes up the other ones). So I just downloaded that one. What do I do now? I have to copy it somewhere? But where? Can someone explain me step by step, Im not so computer smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Missprincesa View Post
    But it redirects me to this french website (and I read you shouldnt use this French edition cause it messes up the other ones). So I just downloaded that one. What do I do now? I have to copy it somewhere? But where? Can someone explain me step by step, Im not so computer smart...
    You should replace original dreamfall.exe (it's located in the game main directory; you can alos make backup copy of that file) with dreamfall.exe from downloaded archive. After that you just launch it as usually.
    You have a terrible temper and are totally incapable of social or domestic life? Congratulations, you are a genius!
    April Ryan versus the Prophet: the battle begins!

You don't need to download the patch from the french site. Just click the floppy-disk image to download the file, and unpack the dreamfall.exe file in the archive into your dreamfall folder. You might need to get winrar or 7zip or something to unpack the rar file.
    April Ryan is my friend,

Thumbs up

Just look at my signature. there is a link to official patch that removes start force and allow to run game at Win 7.
    If you have non english version of game you can install you local patch 1st, than take main game exe from this US 1.03 patch. In this case you would be able to preserve your language in game.
    Need official patch for Dreamfall ? Want to run Dreamfall at Win 7 but dam StarForce dont allow you to do so?
    Then get official Dreamfall US patch v1.03 here and remove starforce with it http://www.gamershell.com/download_20537.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Just look at my signature. there is a link to official patch that removes start force and allow to run game at Win 7.
    If you have non english version of game you can install you local patch 1st, than take main game exe from this US 1.03 patch. In this case you would be able to preserve your language in game.
    I know this is a bit of a bump, but I just want to bring this back up and say that Voodooman's fix worked perfectly for me with the UK Collector's Edition of Dreamfall.

Help massively required for idiot with computers

I've just purchased Dreamfall and spent 3 hours last night reading through the forum posts and trying to install it but still haven't got there!!

I have Windows 7 and have tried the different fixes listed (what feels like!) several hundred times and I'm no closer to playing the game!

I'm back to "the program won't start beacuse D3Dx9_27.DLL is missing from your computer". I've tried the recommended fixes but am still no further forward.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can somebody give me an "idiot's guide" step by step list of things I need to do to get this working? I will be forever indebted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisj1982 View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can somebody give me an "idiot's guide" step by step list of things I need to do to get this working? I will be forever indebted!!
    Sounds like you don't have DirectX 9 properly installed on your computer. Try downloading and installing this. It should work.
    April Ryan is my friend,