Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 5 - the stuckness

Unhappy Chapter 5 - the stuckness

This is where I got stuck the last time. I eventually get past the spiderbots and that,but when I get to the troll and the statues,I ALWAYS die. Is there any way I can skip that? Or any advice on how to simply do it?

And also,no spoiling,but,I hate sneaking in games and is there any point in me trying to get past this troll (2 years I've been trying now) ..
    I'm not hostile,I'm just not very friendly.
    --
    Welcome to the geek-o-phone.please dial the correct answer to this question to get through to the operator.What am I?

Correct reply: 1337
    ----
    ^^

If you're totally stuck, you can download a trainer that lets you kill the guy and be able to prowl in peace.

But it's not hard. Just look around carefully when you come to an intersection, work out which way the troll is and which way he's going, and then go the other way. If you get caught, run as fast as you can back to the staircase you entered from and wait for them to leave again.

(You don't need to use the sneak button at all in this section. Just stay away from them.)

I used a map
    Then it got so much easier.

I think it's hard -_-
    but I will try again!
    If I can't, how do I do that - the trainer thing?
    --
    Welcome to the geek-o-phone.please dial the correct answer to this question to get through to the operator.What am I?

----
    ^^

You can look around alot and make a map in your head.

you can try to search around in the forum for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfHybrid View Post
    This is where I got stuck the last time. I eventually get past the spiderbots and that,but when I get to the troll and the statues,I ALWAYS die. Is there any way I can skip that? Or any advice on how to simply do it?

And also,no spoiling,but,I hate sneaking in games and is there any point in me trying to get past this troll (2 years I've been trying now) ..
    holy macaroni! two years?! are you serious? okay, let me get back home and i'll post a savefile for you.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

okay, here's the savefile with a certain puzzle solved, a passage open, and no more creature to hide from. enjoy.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

You have my undying gratitude!
    I would name my firstborn after you,but she's named Sofie already :P

*worship*
    --

----
    ^^

Been a while since I logged in here. Good to see new pp playing the game. Great it is. -)

Sierra's Sancuary
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer4Lyfe View Post
    Been a while since I logged in here. Good to see new pp playing the game. Great it is. -)
    I umm hvae to say that umm you would be right, yes, yes, I agree ..

Quote Originally Posted by ElfHybrid View Post
    You have my undying gratitude!
    Mine Too!!

I love solving puzzles, but hate all the sneaking around. It's hard enough trying to solve difficult puzzles without having to constantly watch your back.

Sierra's Sancuary
    Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    If you're totally stuck, you can download a trainer that lets you kill the guy and be able to prowl in peace.
    That si what I do even though the epic troll is left floating in the air It doesn't bother me. savegame is a good idea imo
    Last edited by vanmustArmA; 05-07-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Ugh, that stupid cave monster actually made me quit DF and I never came back to it for at least 3 years - can't remember the first time I attempted it.

I played it again recently and managed to stumble my way around and accidentally unlock the gate - I figured out the puzzle but because I was lost at one point, I just guessed which symbol I had to use for 2 out of the 4 spinners and thankfully got it right.

I don't mind the maze part - I play the Nancy Drew series, which LOVES mazes so I've had practice I just don't like having to evade a monster I can't fight. One of the reasons I love adventure games is because I don't feel rushed or like I'm constantly running from something/someone.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyq View Post
    Ugh, that stupid cave monster actually made me quit DF and I never came back to it for at least 3 years - can't remember the first time I attempted it.
    I agree completely. I played it through the first time, and then when I thought I'd play it again, I got to the cave monster and stopped. It wasn't worth the effort.

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    I hated the cave part too. I used a trainer to kill the big troll. I know all the tricks and spots to hide, but I just didn't like it at ALL. And I think you should play a game for fun. That part, it wasn't fun.
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.