Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thoughts on Helena Chang...

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    You guys have some kind of an idealistic views on life, don't you?
    If you think of skizzo and/or amazing salesman, then I agree with you

You're being ambiguous, so I can't really respond to being called idealistic. O__o

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    Quuuuuuuuuuunaaaaaaaaaaa!
    First time I've seen you about since I crawled back here
    *Hugs*

Anyway, personally, I could be completely wrong, but I think that Chang is Zoe and Faith's mother. I don't know, I just get that vibe.
    What intruiges me most about the games is that usually I can predict storylines with ease (ausually ) but with TLJ it was all a complete mystery and I loved that! There was no way of telling what was going to happen next. You just had to live through it all. Fantastic.
    Ooh, I wanna play now! ^^
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

Thumbs down Helena. A mom??? Not in the traditional sense.

I didn't doubt it for a second when I played through Faith and Zoe's conversation. Faith was insistent that they shared the same mother. Implicitly meant Helena. But it's beyond blood relations.

Helena is a scientist. Owns JIVA corp. She lives in modern Stark, in Casablanca a city renown for it's bio-engineering sector. In TLJ it is clear that genetic engineering and cloning wasn't anything new but not yet perfected. The two games don't go into detail how they do it--whether it involves actual surrogate mothers or artificial wombs or whatever but I doubt it. I rdo emember that MTI corp tried to create Shifters housed in tanks. They're all test-tube babies. Literally.

Helena's company researched dreams and she eventually CREATED Faith herself and considered her as company property. Somewhere inbetween she made Zoe before Faith. She even explicitly told Zoe that she and Faith share "some" genetic resemblance. She obviously knows Gabriel, Zoe's dad probably because they're in the same line of work. Zoe has stated that her father never talks about work and I bet in the past he must have been looking into genetic engineering. I doubt he had a had a love relationship or even a physical one with Helena. I bet his wife was frail in health and convinced her to artificially "conceive" genetically related children through new technology with Helena's expertise.

Helena is not exactly a likable character. She's pretty selfish and does only what benefits her. I agree, she has her own agenda. She may have good intentions but she doesn't go on her way to act on them. She said she wanted to give Faith a good home with adoptive parents but was forced to give her away to WATIcorp. But then she overdosed Zoe on Morpheus. It is an unforgivable act. Perhaps in her perspective, she thinks Zoe is better off because in this condition no one would see Zoe as a threat and would stop persecuting her? Who knows. One thing is for sure, Helena doesn't see herself as a cruel person, she is merely a pragmatist at heart.

Yes.

It has been confirmed by RTG, Helena Chang is Zoe's mother.