Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thread of All Worlds

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
    Assuming that the worlds/world won't end when the story of TLJ/Dreamfall is finished, you're gonna need a mother of what is. Maybe the new White Kin will become that mother.
    It doesn't explain how the Mother can say that it all happened before, when it's clearly going different... or something. I don't know, I'm thoroughly confused, now.
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    It doesn't explain how the Mother can say that it all happened before, when it's clearly going different... or something. I don't know, I'm thoroughly confused, now.
    I'm sure that there isn't anybody around here that is not confused about at least one part of the stories in TLJ/Dreamfall.

Maybe it is because I'm reading the Wheel of Time books that I see it like I do. I think the White Kin means that a moment that a saviour is needed will come every so often through the ages of time. That is what she means with 'it has all happened before'. As to why she might know: maybe the White Kin did pass on her memories to the White Kin in Dreamfall. And maybe that it how the White Kin have always done things. The Kin are... the Kin. They seem to be capable of a lot of things that don't make sense or cannot be explained easily.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Maybe it's like how Indo-Iranian myths used the injunctive form of verbs when narrating myths and 'timeless truths'. Things that may have happened in the past, but are still just as true in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Maybe it's like how Indo-Iranian myths used the injunctive form of verbs when narrating myths and 'timeless truths'. Things that may have happened in the past, but are still just as true in the present.
    This of course meant that I had to look up what 'injunctive' meant. I'm still not entirely sure I understand exactly. Although 'timeless truths' sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    But the White Kin doesn't say it's happened before. i mean, we know it has happened before. But she's talking directly to April: "It begins here, with you, as it always has", and "You always were, my child, my daughter." She's talking about April doind something "always".
    My point is that 'you' could refer to April as the saviour, so that the White Kin actually means: "It begins here with you, the saviour, as it always has." I've already told what the White Kin might mean with 'my child, my daughter', namely that the saviour is born because of the events taking place in the present. Therefore the present - the White Kin, mother of what is - gives birth to the saviour - in this moment in time April - and is therefore considered her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    This reminds me something different, how one person told me that in Indo-Iranian myths one god sometimes turned into an ox, and sometimes - into the time period (1 year, to be exact). I was like

Btw, maybe you know more about this.
    Journey!
    The more I get, the more I want
    - as (h/m)oney.

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    I believe that the first map (1st page)
    Comes close to the truth...

Acording to this picture on the mural of the balance (I think that's where it was)
    The Guardian releam is between te worlds... But April is NOT shifting in to the realm... he enters t through this gateway which is magical of someway... Someone said that maby there might be no portal at Arcedia becuz people who know certain kinds of magic could just go there (So the Sentinel and the Draic could just enter it?) I'm not sure about that... But if it's true it can't be trough dreams, becuz Cortez said he couldn't shift but he only heared voices... (from the other Kin?).

I believe that everything might be created into the devide and around the storytime? As for te house of worlds it is a place (in the Devide) in the between also... The worlds can't exist without the divide which is created...

Earth like it was before was gone... It was or split up... or there where two new ones created... the speech of Tobias makes both posible at some point... If two where created from 1 they would be created in/around the devide... if split up another world appeared and dive was created...

Another theory... Arcedia en Stark are out somewhere in the universe... but they are that far seperated from eachother that no rocket or sth like that could ever reach it... That is why behind what we know there is this divide (with Guardians Realm, House of Worlds and in or around the story telling?) And that trough the dreams you can enter this divide (passage).

As for the Guadians Realm there is bigger Magic involved somehow? But this theory about the 2 worlds with big distance, can be true because they whould create one world out of two... (ok they don't say planet) but in the room (with the ritual) they were focussing on the devide they would create...

What if the devide is a whole... universe itselfs? With al the TLJ related locations in it??

That is one mixed-up post, sorry for that
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

I've finally remembered I needed to do this.

ANOTHER MAP!

This time, about the Winter.

http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/w...termapcopy.jpg

Here's my take: We know that the Winter is somehow connected to the Dreaming/Storytime and it's also obviously connected to our material world. But I've made the question mark there for a reason. That hot pink circle might depict the level of virtuality - the one affected by Faith. But I don't know whether :

1. that level is standing on its own, being connected to both Winter and M.W.

2. it's a part of the Winter and that means that Stark's net is actually the Winter, or in Winter. (Really hard to define since we have no clue what it is)

3. It's a part of the M.W. so the Winter is the only level between the M.W. and Dreaming.

Then there's Faith's Dollhouse coming up. The House is obviously in Winter, and it's also obviously interacting with the pink circle, unless it doesn't exist at all, in which case it's interacting with the green field directly. I've placed that dot in there, BUT perhaps it should be somewhere else? Maybe there's another level between the Winter and the Pink circle/Green field and that's where she's stuck?
    Interesting picture. But before I can comment on it: does the material world represent both Stark and Arcadia in this? And if not: where would Stark be and where Arcadia?

But isn't the Doll House = Winter = place in Stark's net/place in Dreamtime/place in Eingana-Dream chamber channel?
    You have a terrible temper and are totally incapable of social or domestic life? Congratulations, you are a genius!
    April Ryan versus the Prophet: the battle begins!

The Doll house does not equal to Winter, it's sort of a pocket world IN the Winter and it was created by Faith using her Dreaming abilities.
    I remember reading somewhere (maybe even on thsi forum) that it was Faith who created Winter and Winter was destroyed (hence white-out) after Faith's death.
    If Winter is an independent world, it's hard to say how/why it was created and what purpose it serves.
    You have a terrible temper and are totally incapable of social or domestic life? Congratulations, you are a genius!

Eeeexactlyyyyy!
    We have multiple worlds/entities/notions (Dreamtime, Winter, Shifter, Dreamer, etc.) with vague purposes and dependencies. Let's hope Ragnar won't break a leg trying to expalin and bring it all together. Otherwise someone should bring Occam's razor!

I've just remembered, there was something written about Winter in Dreamfall's manual. Waaaaaaaait *starts searching* AAAHAAAA!!!!!
    "But there is a third place. A different place. Those who know of it call
    it the Winter. It is between, below, and above. It is ahead and behind.
    It is past and future, everywhere and everywhen. And it hides
    a terrifying secret that will tear the twin worlds apart and cast cosmos
    into total chaosÖ"
    The first part of this description reminds me of THOAW. LA described it in a similar way, but we'll get back to that later.
    The intriguing part is this "terrifying secret".. I wonder if it has anything to do with the undreaming...
    That reminds Dreamtime too (it is everywhere + Undreaming as secret). Plus its design very simular to the Winter. The Winter itself is kinda empty (and Faith alone hardly can qualify for terrifying secret able to tear the worlds).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kin View Post
    But isn't the Doll House = Winter = place in Stark's net/place in Dreamtime/place in Eingana-Dream chamber channel?
    That's how I understand it.

I think that Storytime == Winter, and the dollhouse is a pocket within.

I want to say that the Storytime gradually became more Winter-ish over time (probably due to Undreaming), but that doesn't hold up because it's back to being non-Wintery at the end of the game. Maybe the Winter represents some sort of blockage in the flow of dreams (which we knew was happening) due to the Static (ie. Faith had a hand in creating the Winter effect, but not the place where it happened), and this blockage got cleared with Faith's exit or the dreamer's release or the tower's construction or one of the other loose ends at the end of the game...
    Last edited by Miral; 01-21-2011 at 08:56 AM.

So the next map will also need LA's House!!!! Which will be the hardest to place. We know NOTHING about it T..T
    It's quite feasible that the House of All Worlds is itself a pocket in Winter akin to Faith's Dollhouse. If that is the case, it would go a long way at proving Missions theory that Lady Alvane is really ZoŽ.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Well I think NOT. Those are different places, they might be connected, or like two room in one building, the Winter might be a sub-level of the Dreaming, but they are not the same.

I want to ask when did we see any changes in Storytime? Except that once the Undreaming popped up of course.
    Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I think that landscape of Storytime when we see Brian arrive, and the landscape of Winter when we see Zoe arrive, are identical (same pattern of crevasses). The only differences are the change in weather, the addition of the Dollhouse, and the mysterious absence of the old guy. And when the Dollhouse dissolves (taking the Winter effect with it), Zoe "falls through" to the Storytime where the Dollhouse used to be.