Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of All Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Sianna Tors View Post
    an experienced Shifter would end up on the equivalent spot in the other world when they went through unless there was some sort of magical influence that pulled you somewhere else.
    I don't really think so. For the first, April shifts to places with great geographical distances (Mother's lair). Also, we have Benrime's remark (though admittedly in Dreamfall) "Why do they always end up here?", which suggests many people end up there, and it's unlikely they're all shifting from April's bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianna Tors View Post
    In fact, I think it may have been TLJ where they were discussing the problems if you tried to Shift and the other side was solid rock or inside the wall of a building? Or perhaps that was another story. I'm reading too many of these alternative reality stories these days - they're sort of bleeding into each other.
    I think that was something else.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    I'm not sure I've understood your point. Which "portal" do you mean?
    Starting at the edge of the Realm but then going through s Shift tunnel to any point within the Stark/Arcadia circles.

That's a disturbing one. Why would it close anyway? Was it for one time use only or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Well, that depends on when it opened up fully. I can imagine it being entirely possible it was nothing more than a pin-prick that widened upon Adrian's closeness. Surely a black hole that close to Earth would have been both mapped earlier AND a major cause of concern?
    Exactly. I think it only opened up because Adrian and the disc were nearby. Kind of like how the wormhole in DS9 is only visible when a ship goes through it. Only more selective.

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    I don't really think so. For the first, April shifts to places with great geographical distances (Mother's lair). Also, we have Benrime's remark (though admittedly in Dreamfall) "Why do they always end up here?", which suggests many people end up there, and it's unlikely they're all shifting from April's bedroom.
    That counts as being influenced by something, though. After all, it's the site where the mysterious tower (perhaps the original Guardian's tower?) once stood. (And which the Azadi are now rebuilding.)

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    It's all to keep us guessing isn't it?
    I like the idea that the Storytime IS the divide. Like a dimension that was created from the energy that disappated when the worlds split. A place made entirely of energy and can only be accessed through dreams because it doesn't really "exist".
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    I like the idea that the Storytime IS the divide.
    I'm inclined to think that the divide is located in Storytime, but is not equivalent to it.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Energy within energy?
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

I like the idea that the Storytime IS the divide. Like a dimension that was created from the energy that disappated when the worlds split. A place made entirely of energy and can only be accessed through dreams because it doesn't really "exist".
    I think it's much older than anything. As the Vagabond says "It all begins here".

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    I think it's much older than anything. As the Vagabond says "It all begins here".
    Couldn't that mean the divide? 0.0
    Squishy

I guess that means the Universe. Weird thing, when we begin playing The Longest Journey, in April's dream, or 'dream', or dream, the mother tells her "because it begins here, with you". O_o
    Oh, no, not time paradoxes! No! Don't let it be so!

*sobs hysterically*
    Squishy

Couldn't that mean the divide? 0.0
    The Divide is only 12,000 years old, and we were given no reason to believe they were talking about that.

Weird thing, when we begin playing The Longest Journey, in April's dream, or 'dream', or dream, the mother tells her "because it begins here, with you". O_o
    Yes, he certainly may have just meant "it" as in 'the events of DF'.

Yeah, that always made me think that there's time travel involved *shudder* or the events that happened in TLJ are just part of a cycle. *rolleyes* That or the White could actually peer into time, somewhat like the Venar (they live it tho) and see various versions and in every one of them, April is always as she is.

.. I always wonder what's the purpose of the DKs travelling all the way to Earth.

I always thought of the White's remarks in a more metaphorical way with you (April) meaning the one who saves the day at troublesome times.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
    I always thought of the White's remarks in a more metaphorical way with you (April) meaning the one who saves the day at troublesome times.
    Except that at that point in April's elapsed life, she wasn't really known for saving the day at all, just for running away from her problems. (Unless I'm getting the scenes mixed up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    Except that at that point in April's elapsed life, she wasn't really known for saving the day at all, just for running away from her problems. (Unless I'm getting the scenes mixed up.)
    Oh well, you know: destinies and all that.

But seriously, I admit it's a long shot. But it is a possible explanation and the only one I can see that doesn't go into the whole timeline tragedy.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

I have another idea. When Tobias tells April the story of the balance, and when he talks about the danger the world was in, he said "it has happened before, in distant worlds in distant times" - something like that. What if April's something like the Fifth Element? She was "kept" for awakening once in fine thousand years when the evil was coming back. So what if April is also born every time the critical moment would come? Maybe she has had many lives already?
    interesting... april's a weapon against chaos, incarnate. this would explain mc'allen's "he brought you into... he broke the rules" - his idea was re-unification and world domination, just not the chaos. but cortez somehow "brought april into". and after it all ended april feels like she has no purpose and all that...
    nice one!
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

Oh, no, not time paradoxes! No! Don't let it be so!

*sobs hysterically*
    There, there. Ragnar has promised he'll do time-travel properly, if he ever attempts it. The World of TLJ won't cease to exist.

I have another idea. When Tobias tells April the story of the balance, and when he talks about the danger the world was in, he said "it has happened before, in distant worlds in distant times" - something like that. What if April's something like the Fifth Element? She was "kept" for awakening once in fine thousand years when the evil was coming back. So what if April is also born every time the critical moment would come? Maybe she has had many lives already?
    That's insane. And it makes sense.
    I like it
    Mostly, perhaps, cause that would allow April to exist in our lifetime.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.