Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thread of All Worlds

I always thought of the Winter being Faith's mind/soul. Much like it is in the Otherland books. So when Faith goes away, so does the Winter. The doll house would then be a part of her mind in which she has locked herself from all else (except apparantly Faith and the White Lady). If the Winter (Faith's mind) would in turn be somehow in the Storytime, it could be messing up things there.

If Waticorp used Faith to create the Dreamer device (so that people would be able to control their dreams), their control of Faith/the Winter - and thus indirectly Storytime - would be a very good way to manipulate things.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    So the next map will also need LA's House!!!! Which will be the hardest to place. We know NOTHING about it T..T
    Did you ever come up with a map or possible maps?

To me The House of All Worlds implies that all the other worlds are directly accessible from there or more mysteriously all other worlds are contained within it.

The Winter is not the same as the Storytime, neither was it created by Faith. In an interview Ragnar was asked about it, and he said that the Winter "links" to the Storytime. He also said that Faith didn't create the Winter itself, but only the part of it we get to see.
    Whoa. Do you have a link to that interview?

That's right: I remember you being obsessed with this!

Repeatedly miss and forget.

They mentioned Winter vs Storytime a bit in the dreamfall playthrough as well. Doesn't really explain much more though, just thought I could throw it in here. (Ca 7:58:30 in the twitch.tv stream)

(first some talk about how pretty the Winter looks)
    D Yes, this is the place where the vagabond belongs.
    R Well, not exactly. No, it’s not really…
    D He belongs in storytime.
    R Yeah, but this is not EXACTLY storytime.
    D FAIR ENOUGH!
    R This is a place created by this girl. This is the winter.
    D Yes
    R But they’re not unrelated, the two places.
    D which is sort of..
    R But this is not the same place as Brian Westhouse ended up in, not exactly, no.
    Last edited by Tina; 07-15-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Well, thanks for details. Those guys need to work on their improvised speech -..-
    Alcohol doesn't help in that regard

1. The Winter is not the same as the Storytime, neither was it created by Faith. In an interview Ragnar was asked about it, and he said that the Winter "links" to the Storytime. He also said that Faith didn't create the Winter itself, but only the part of it we get to see.
    Mostly I think that's what everyone had already concluded (except that I think "Winter" was commonly held as only that one small pocket that we saw -- the counterargument to that is that the place that Brian first appeared bore a striking resemblance to it, and that was long before Faith).

2. I was thinking about the Storytime. It's suggested in TLJwiki, and has been though all this time that the Storytime and the Dreaming are the same place. Why are we sure about it? Perhaps Storytime is some kind of a "department" of the Dreaming, maybe the Dreaming is something else? Maybe Storytime is a "pocket-world" in the Dreaming too?
    I don't think the Dreaming is a place at all. It's the fabric through which Shifts pass or a thread that passes through and binds the worlds together or a tapestry that a Dreamer can weave (oh look, I've got a motif going!) but not any place that you can actually visit. That's what the Storytime is, the place outside of (intertwined with but separate from) the Dreaming.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

Well, it's time to fix TLJwiki then, because it suggests those two are the same while I don't see any confirmation of it.
    Get editing then!

I thought maybe just a comment in the Winter article.