Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Riddle in the Subterranean City

Music Riddle in the Subterranean City

EDIT: Problem fixed. Found out what I had forgotten to do.

Okay so I know what to do here because I have cleared the game once or twice before, and decided to do it again - because it is probably the best game ever, certainly part of the best franchise ever.

Anyhow, so I got to the top of the ledge where the walkway collapses, and you jump across, and climb the ladder. When I get to the top of the ladder, I follow the water upstream into the cave, and at the end of the cave I am supposed to do the 1-2-1-3 riddle, right.

Here's the thing though: There are no glowing glyphs on the wall. They aren't there. Any thoughts what might have gone wrong? Anything I have missed?

Notes: I picked up the two pebbles but decided to kick seven kinds of hell outta the trolls anyway - seeing as they only cower. I highly doubt this has anything to do with anything but its additional information on how I got to where I am, specific to this scene, so why not.

But yeah, any thoughts? Or am I just blind?
    Last edited by Lleanlleawrg; 05-11-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Solution found.

There they are

You have to hold the glowing egg, THEN approach the wall. Youll see the glyphs.

Am I the only one who initially got creeped out by the notes that the creatures would sing and were also found in the music riddle? XD

Quote Originally Posted by amazingsalesman View Post
    Am I the only one who initially got creeped out by the notes that the creatures would sing and were also found in the music riddle? XD
    I got the music riddle on my first try.. the music goes on through the whole level, so I had the theme in my head by then..

I admit - I used walkthrough

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by b01 View Post
    I reloaded the game as I remembered that the water wheel played the tune.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    My biggest problem was a great story so I couldn't waste time onto some stupid riddles, I wanted to continue with story

When I play games for the first time, I'm having this "What's next!?" syndrome. I just can't wait, I must know

I could never make it out from that, for some reason. But I could pick it out of the humming and the background music just fine.

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    Same. The game was what I was after, not the puzzle solving, really. I did enjoy it but it was alittle long-winded in some places
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    Same. The game was what I was after, not the puzzle solving, really. I did enjoy it but it was alittle long-winded in some places
    Hehhh... I've always thought that Dreamfall is almost not an adventure game at all, as the puzzles are waaaaaay too easy
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Hehhh... I've always thought that Dreamfall is almost not an adventure game at all, as the puzzles are waaaaaay too easy
    I always thought about dreamfall as a adventure game cause the story was great and adventure games need great story

evolutionary sleeper
    I always thought about dreamfall as a adventure game cause the story was great and adventure games need great story
    Have you learnt maths? The difference between "sufficient condition" and "necessary condition"?

Have you learnt maths? The difference between "sufficient condition" and "necessary condition"?
    I hate maths

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    Urgh maths.
    I don't mind maths, but my teacher's a lot boring.

I liked all aspects of DF but I'm having trouble replaying it at the moment. It's seems a little slow...
    Meh. Maybe it's just me. I really wanna play TLJ again
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    Meh. Maybe it's just me. I really wanna play TLJ again
    No time to play it! Forum is your main job