View Poll Results: Dreamfall Sneaking: What do you think of it?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it!

14 21.88%
  • Eh, it's not so bad.

36 56.25%
  • Really dislike it!

12 18.75%
  • Other:

3 4.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamfall Sneaking....What's your thought on it? Please participate in my poll.

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b01 View Post
    People are using beta right now and they already call it less-buger(is that even a word)
    Uhm. Yes, but it means something very different.

Trust me to home in on that :/
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

Quote Originally Posted by MissionVao View Post
    I presume it's something to do with computer programming? to debug, to fix a program error.
    No, in first half of 20th century computers(if you can call them that way) were big as a whole house and bugs sometimes got into computers making problems. And that is how the term bug was made.

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    No, in first half of 20th century computers(if you can call them that way) were big as a whole house and bugs sometimes got into computers making problems. And that is how the term bug was made.
    Omyg! A bug got into the motherboard!

Then squish it!

... I can't. It's a Trojan.

Then kill it with a wooden horse
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

Really! I never knew that, but now I think about it, it does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    Omyg! A bug got into the motherboard!

Then squish it!

... I can't. It's a Trojan.

Then kill it with a wooden horse
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    “Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.”

Not for the first six months, because it takes that amount of time to work out all the release bugs.
    Nah, it's working pretty good already.
    I'll be installing it on my new laptop as soon as it arrives.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    Ugh. Tell me about it. Seriously- what is even the point of it??
    It's an accessibility thing, so that people who have trouble holding down two keys at once can still make programs think that they did. You can disable it if it annoys you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    It's an accessibility thing, so that people who have trouble holding down two keys at once can still make programs think that they did. You can disable it if it annoys you.
    Yes, both sticky keys, uhm .. and all those others can have their hotkeys disabled.
    April Ryan is my friend,

fitz fixes a feist's fits Switched's Avatar
    I tend to turn it on accidentally by pressing shift 5 times. >.<

About the sneaking, would anyone have had made it differently? I mean I was scared witless in those caves the first time I played it. And thinking about having to replay that part if I want to play the game again isn't exactly a pleasant thought. But would I leave out the trolls?...dunno...would it have been better if it had been a cutscene?
    Last edited by Switched; 09-01-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    "You should leave off sniffing the carcass of your old life, my brother. You may enjoy unending pain, I do not. There is no shame in walking away from bones, Changer. Nor is there any special wisdom in injuring oneself over and over. What is your loyalty to that pain? To abandon it will not lessen you."

Quote Originally Posted by Switched View Post
    I tend to turn it on accidentally by pressing shift 5 times. >.<
    Press shift five times, and a little box pop up. Select 'Settings' or something like that, and disable the hotkeys for all those.

About the sneaking, would anyone have had made it differently? I mean I was scared witless in those caves the first time I played it. And thinking about having to replay that part if I want to play the game again isn't exactly a pleasant thought. But would I leave out the trolls?...dunno...would it have been better if it had been a cutscene?
    No, it wouldn't have been better as a cut scene. You'd feel left out, I think.
    April Ryan is my friend,

i was really scared too, but i don't think it's such a bad thing, you know. do you like horror movies? - i don't, actually, but in computer games - yeah, i like that stuff, and i guess we'd all agree that in this aspect the caves were very well done. maybe it was too much for some, yeah, but still, overall, i really enjoyed the caves. the only major flaw was that bloody combat mode which, once on, ment you either reloaded right there or died and then reloaded anyway. there should have been a way to run away from the big troll, maybe some kinda trap you could have set up and then lured the troll in. or the troll should have been beatable - maybe very hard, but beatable - what's the point in combat mode if you cannot kill the bloody thing anyway? dreamfall was supposed to present player with a choise as to how to deal with different situations - the caves didn't really give any choice.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    “Hi, I'm Clippy your Microsoft assistant. Would you like me to beat Stick Keys to death? [Yes/No]“

[Yes!] Please beat it back to hell, where it was spawned.

fitz fixes a feist's fits Switched's Avatar
    “Hi, I'm Clippy your Microsoft assistant. Would you like me to beat Stick Keys to death? [Yes/No]“

Ooooohhh, where can I get that assistant? *wacky*

other option-
    [No!]
    Clippy: "Would you like to reconsider?"
    [No!]
    Clippy: "srsly?"

to be continued...
    "You should leave off sniffing the carcass of your old life, my brother. You may enjoy unending pain, I do not. There is no shame in walking away from bones, Changer. Nor is there any special wisdom in injuring oneself over and over. What is your loyalty to that pain? To abandon it will not lessen you."

evolutionary sleeper

it works better if it asks you if it can format your hard disk
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    it works better if it asks you if it can format your hard disk
    “Hi, I'm Clippy your Microsoft assistant. Would you like me to clean up your file structure by formatting the hard drive? [Yes/No]“

evolutionary sleeper
    “Hi, I'm Clippy your Microsoft assistant. Would you like me to clean up your file structure by formatting the hard drive? [Yes/No]“
    * user types furiously *

[Clippy] "Hell no"? I don't know this answer. I think it defaults to "yes". Have a nice day!
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.