Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I just beat the game..

Sierra's Sancuary

Theme.

What would you say IS the the theme for Dreamfall? I think it's Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by vanmustArmA View Post
    Faith in your dreams and yourself.

Despair and how it can destroy your very spirit and leave you lost in a world that you no longer want to be apart off.
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    “Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.”

yes, imo it's a story of three tests of faith.

Sierra's Sancuary
    Can you explain further? You mean by the three characters. Zoe, April and Kian. Zoes test would be to stay true to her word. April to stay true to her company. Kian to stay true to his sword.

It is Faith...it was the story of Faith said Ragnar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

Sierra's Sancuary
    What's the best place to look up detailed information about DreamFall, it's origins and how it all came to be?

What's the best place to look up detailed information about DreamFall, it's origins and how it all came to be?
    I put this together a little while ago.

User Name
    I've got a few points to add, even tho what I'm about to say is nothing that hasn't been pointed out before, nor will it change anything.

I think that as much as I love the tension, waiting and speculating, it becomes tired quick. You can only keep the hype going for a certain period of time, after which it's hard to bring it back. I have nothing against episodic gaming but when it takes 8-9 years for the sequel to be released, I am not holding my breath. If we ever get to see The Longest Journey 2, I'll probably be 50 years old and lost my interest in the game lol. Secrets, mysteries etc, ok. But all stories must come to an end. Otherwise there was no point in starting them in the first place. It's the hunger for more that keeps this community alive, feed it.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I think that as much as I love the tension, waiting and speculating, it becomes tired quick. You can only keep the hype going for a certain period of time, after which it's hard to bring it back. I have nothing against episodic gaming but when it takes 8-9 years for the sequel to be released, I am not holding my breath. If we ever get to see The Longest Journey 2, I'll probably be 50 years old and lost my interest in the game lol. Secrets, mysteries etc, ok. But all stories must come to an end. Otherwise there was no point in starting them in the first place.
    Episodic gaming (done right) is quite different from occasional sequels. Look at how Telltale Games did the Sam & Max series - one episode each month. Great stuff.
    But in general, I do agree that the time between TLJ and DF is a "little" too long.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    It's the hunger for more that keeps this community alive, feed it.
    I think it's more of an excuse - for me, the real reason is probably that I'd like to explore further the wonderful mythology Ragnar created

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Actually, how long did it take to make Dreamfall???
    That depends. You can read about development here.

evolutionary sleeper
    People often think that there will be exactly the same amount of time between DF and Chapters, but let's not forget that When TLJ was finished, Funcom didn't have any sequels on mind. And now there is the sequel planned. We can only hope that it won't take too long to realize the project. Actually, how long did it take to make Dreamfall???
    I think it mostly depends on their approach to the game engine. If they use the Dreamfall engine (or some other engine of theirs) with minor updates, it may take about or a little less than a year to get the first episode out.
    If there's a major overhaul needed in the 3D engine, well, it may easily double the time necessary.

And borrowed
    Noted Let me change it to: "The wonderful mythology of The Longest Journey Universe" Deal?

evolutionary sleeper
    Yeah, besides that, can the episodic format change something in timing?
    Probably yes - they won't need to complete all the places, characters and environments for the first episode. The story, the overall game design and the engine needs to be ready though. I assume that some 70-80% of the total work needs to be done before the first episode comes out. But, it also depends on the period between the individual episodes, and the amount of reuse they are able to do between episodes (eg. characters that are in several episodes, revisited places, etc.).

Still sounds like the hell of a lot of time to me
    Yeah, it does. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it come out in ... say 2013, 7 years after Dreamfall...
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

evolutionary sleeper
    Still sounds like the hell of a lot of time to me
    Yep. I'm happy if it comes out mid-late 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it come out in ... say 2013, 7 years after Dreamfall...
    Hehe, same thought here. The worst? They dropped the ball and we're left hanging. o.O