Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I just beat the game..

Well I just beat the game..

and I have some questions for you all, since the cliffhanger sucked.

I'm guessing no one knows if Zoe died?

Dreamtime is The Dreamer?

and

I still have a feeling April is alive, even though she was stabbed. What do you all think?

OH AND.

I'm so pissed that they never went back to the rebellion's group and close up some ties with them and Azadi..

Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    the cliffhanger sucked.
    And HOW.

I'm guessing no one knows if Zoe died?
    Nope.

The Dreamer consoles were the end-user hardware for what was known in its production phase as "Project Alchera". When it launched, it took the name "Dreamtime" yes.

I still have a feeling April is alive, even though she was stabbed. What do you all think?
    You're not alone. There are conspiracy theories galore around here, for your delectation.

I'm so pissed that they never went back to the rebellion's group and close up some ties with them and Azadi..
    What do you mean? To find out what happened when the Azadi sacked the Rebel camp? Sure.

They kind of left me hanging with the Azadi versus the Rebels. I expected them to go back after.

The cliffhanger sucked because I have questions D:

Now I gotta wait for Mr. LongTime to make his new game :[

ALSO.

What ever happened to Damien? o_o

Yep. All symptoms of a horribly unfinished story.

I expected too much from Ragnar I guess.

am I A dreamer? YES, am I THE dreamer? NO.

and Damien's on the run,

I knew he was on the run, but I expected to see what happened to him.

Ragnar has already told us (via Cortez) that he doesn't like revealing everything -- so he probably won't. (The "mystery" quote, of course.)

It's probably just because it was my first completion and kept thinking when people told me it had lots of cliffhangers "It's probably not that bad", until I beat it

Hey buddy, at least you'd been warned! I didn't even get that. All I had to go on was TLJ, which was tied up nicely. Plus months and months of Ragnar going on and on about how DF wasn't a sequel but a "spiritual successor" and would stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Hey buddy, at least you'd been warned! I didn't even get that. All I had to go on was TLJ, which was tied up nicely. Plus months and months of Ragnar going on and on about how DF wasn't a sequel but a "spiritual successor" and would stand alone.
    LOL, "Spiritual successor" is Ragnar code for, I have finished it, but not really because I got distracted by the giant chicken running out in front of my car and because I like keeping you all in suspense and torturing you.
    Last edited by MissionVao; 04-18-2009 at 11:49 AM.
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    “Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.”

Sierra's Sancuary

Question Too Long

I agree that it is taking too long. We'll all be Dormant Dragons by the time it's through. It just makes you feel like you've fallen and can't get back up. It's a preview of a future that is uncertain. It's not meant to be appreciated or even liked. It should be forbidden, but it's not. It's like stairing into the sun. Look too long and you can't see anymore.

And then there are the certain few of us who never thought even once "such a cliffhanger, this sucks"... Why this grave need for answers to everything? >.> Maybe it helped for me that I played DF before TLJ (meaning I never knew about TLJ's more tied up ending) but nyah~ people should stop complaining about it :<
    "One of the test monkeys slipped on a banana peel and broke its neck. It was both tragic, and hysterical."

I stopped thinking of DF ending as a cliffhanger after I've read an interview with Ragnar on rockpapersshotgun.com. Every story has to stop at some point and there will be untold details left.

There are flaws and misplaced accents in telling of this story, but when looked through the prism of "changes and tests of faith" theme (can't remember how Ragnar called it), the ending does make sense and what's left untold, the war, the Undreaming, Zoё, April possibly dead is a part of background setting, details that don't have to be told because they won't affect this particular story.