Thread: Got Stuck in chapter 3 , pls help!

Unhappy Got Stuck in chapter 3 , pls help!

I m now in Chapter 3 and got stuck! I m now inside the police station and i cant break in the archieve room. Where to get the F.M. sypathetic eye? Is it I need to get it from the man inside the loo? He just wont come out and keep saying "Thanks Maria" . So what is the next step?? I got the monkey eye and the soda from the soda machine. Pls help!!!

Its quite a tricky puzzle this one, so i'll offer you a bit more help than I normaly would.
    You said u have the monkeys eye, so you need to swap that for minnellis eye.

Look on the wall and make sure the light is switched off so you can look for clues

stuck in chapter 3 but with no monkey eye

Hey guys, I have the same problem - I'm stuck in this locker room but haven't got the monkey eye in my inventory!!!! Just the thought of going back in my saves to the point when I used the monkey for the last time makes me get this game over with and delete it from my PC!
    If anyone can give me a hint how to go on without re-playing chapter 3 all over again, please do :-). I think a save with all inventories in will do :-)

No one would steal a toy monkey... If only you remembered where you left it...
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    No one would steal a toy monkey... If only you remembered where you left it...
    No, noone stole my toy monkey. The thing is I dindn't take the eye out of the monkey's head when i had the chance, but still went on with the game. And just now when I need it, in the police station locker room, I don't have it any suggestions what can i do?

Quote Originally Posted by darling View Post
    No, noone stole my toy monkey. The thing is I dindn't take the eye out of the monkey's head when i had the chance, but still went on with the game. And just now when I need it, in the police station locker room, I don't have it any suggestions what can i do?
    You can just go back to where you left it, pick it up, and collect the eye. The reason my previous reply was so cryptic, is that you asked for a hint
    April Ryan is my friend,

The only thing you might need to watch out for is that if you're using the old 4CD edition then the game will crash when you try to re-enter the police station. But there's a patch on CD1 (station_fix) that resolves this. The later 2CD, 1DVD, and downloadable editions don't have this problem.

Unhappy

Thanks KHH, but honestly I was hoping to avoid going back to chapter 2 and playing it all over again. Unfortunately, there's no other way of collecting the eye myself. I thought of any other options before i asked for help - the easiest for me is to use a save with April near or even inside the police station with complete inventory. I searched the web for one - no luck. Found some links to saves of US version of the game but they have long expired. If you have any info where i can find active links pls heeelp ;-)

Re-entering the police station "bug" (Ch.3)

As for the re-entering the police station "bug", in my opinion the game does not crush, it's just a "dead end", pointing you towards other solution, i.e. entering the police in the trash truck. One has to be sure he/she has made a save just before that and try again

When I played this part, I, too, forgot to bring the eye with me, but managed to go all the way back to the alley and then all the way back to the station (through the main entrance without anyone stopping me) and all they way to the locker room. Then I carried on, without loading any previous saves..

Thanks KHH, but honestly I was hoping to avoid going back to chapter 2 and playing it all over again. Unfortunately, there's no other way of collecting the eye myself. I thought of any other options before i asked for help - the easiest for me is to use a save with April near or even inside the police station with complete inventory. I searched the web for one - no luck. Found some links to saves of US version of the game but they have long expired. If you have any info where i can find active links pls heeelp ;-)
    You don't have to go back to an earlier save, you can just go out of the police station and take the subway back to the Metro City stop and go to collect the ape, then stroll back into the station.

edit:
    As for the re-entering the police station "bug", in my opinion the game does not crush, it's just a "dead end", pointing you towards other solution, i.e. entering the police in the trash truck. One has to be sure he/she has made a save just before that and try again
    The re-entering police station is a bug which can crash the game. Once you've entered once through the trash truck you cannot re-enter except through the door, and on some early builds the game would crash then.
    April Ryan is my friend,

Go to the screen with the phones and the reception desk. Hold X so you can see where the exits are. There should be one towards the bottom of the screen that takes you out the main door, which is now working (you can get back in the same way). The only caveat, as I said before and KHH repeated, is that on the 4CD version trying to re-enter the station will crash the game -- but there's a patch that fixes that, and later editions are unaffected.

Thank you, thank you!

Thanks everyone! I appologize for my "hasty" questions and I'm grateful for the patience! You were most helpful! I'm glad I joined these forums and met you :-)! I didn't have the patch but downloaded it. After New Year Eve's celebrations will be eager to continue my "longest journey"!
    I wish you high spirits ;-) on tonight's celebrations and less headaches tomorrow!!!
    Greetings!

glad you got it sorted.
    :OutATime: