Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't fight

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LLlaxmep View Post
    well, now that you put it that way, i did spend several hours of my life on that Yiru dude . however, if you are looking for better ways of passing time while waiting for chapters and are not affraid of putting your reflexes to work i would recommend Beyond Good and Evil and Mass Effect .
    I'm not afraid of putting my reflexes to work as you said, but I can't actually get any games at the moment because I have no money
    When I get some, I'll look into it
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

evolutionary sleeper
    he's been known to be ko'able for some time, i'm not even sure if i'm the first to report that. actually, it's not hard at all, just really time consuming. there's pretty small error margin though, as that dude kills zoe in two swings.
    Holy crap, man, that was insane! I never even thought about trying to beat him.

no luck with cave troll - those have a huge swing arc and can't be dodged, and they are also uninterruptible, even with a strong attack.
    There's a bigger problem with the troll - the game doesn't allow you a second attack, April just stands there waiting to be minced...
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    There's a bigger problem with the troll - the game doesn't allow you a second attack, April just stands there waiting to be minced...
    no, it's not that - april's just slower, much slower than zoe, i blame that notorious behind of her . i managed to land three or four strong attacks on that grubber once, but it didn't help much, obviously.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    no, it's not that - april's just slower, much slower than zoe, i blame that notorious behind of her . i managed to land three or four strong attacks on that grubber once, but it didn't help much, obviously.
    Was playing TLJ yesterday. I thought: jeez, her butt is huge!

And also: me trying to fight as April is full of fail. I killed her the first time I tried today. Managed to get past the glitch and then the computer rebooted itself anyway. Not happy.
    I did manage to defeat the two guys in the end, though
    Will try again later.
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

evolutionary sleeper
    Interesting, I was hacking away at the keyboard insanely, and April didn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    Was playing TLJ yesterday. I thought: jeez, her butt is huge!

And also: me trying to fight as April is full of fail. I killed her the first time I tried today. Managed to get past the glitch and then the computer rebooted itself anyway. Not happy.
    I did manage to defeat the two guys in the end, though
    Will try again later.
    Don't knock April's butt! I think she's cute that way
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

the fighting aspect of the game is fine, it is part of the overall balance and is really just fine when viewed with the game overall. This is NOT a First person shooter, there are plent of them. The Action is in the overall approach to the Journey and there is plenty of that for us to enjoy in many other ways.

This is a new genre of action adventure with a lot of twists and fun new things being included and i see a lot of other game developers following some of the lead from this game. It is a remarkable title in so many ways.
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    http://chris-today.blogspot.com

I love the fights. they make the game more challenging. I would not complain if they were there or not tho.
    :OutATime: