Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't fight

Can't fight

I have been replaying the fight at the end of chapter 2 so many times, I have memorised the script!
    Some of the time I got April to kill one guard, but then she gets killed by the second guard.
    Over and over again......

I don't really like fights...wonder if I can get to the next bit without fighting?
    Thanks
    Hetty

you mean an episode with april & co ambushing azadi in the forest, right? to win that fight you have to press and hold "forward" key and spam "strong attack" - yeah, it's that easy. try it and you'll beat those guards eventually.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

Can't fight

Thanks mate.
    I did not understand your answer: which forward key, is that one of the cursor keys? And how does it allow me to spam?
    But in the end, I didn't need it because I fought the good fight and won! Maybe the few glasses of wine helped!
    Thanks again
    Cheers
    Hetty

ah, nevermind . i think you'll be glad to know that there are actually very few instances in this game where you'll have to fight - most of them have alternative non-violent solutions, which, quite frankly, is a good thing - fighting is... um... not the most well-developed aspect of DF .

Cant fight

Go to the recruitment section and start adding people.

Once you add someone and send them a friends request for the application, you can delete them to protect your privacy.

you can fight with 5 times your level. So at level 50, you can fight with 250 people.

Unless those numbers youre seeing are for people over level 100, they cant fight that full 500 members.
    Stop your blood pressure order Triamterene online

WTF are you talkin' about

It's a spambot. You're not supposed to respond to them.

It took me a few tries but I got really good at the DF fighting mechanics XD In the Victory hotel I kicked everyone's butt as Zoe! It was ever so satisfying.

How to fight effectively in DF:

- sidestep and circle around your opponent, moving closer to him and then back out quickly to tempt him. Be quick or you'll get smacked.
    - If your opponent takes the bait and strikes out at you and misses, move toward him quickly, aim at him as well as you can, and do a strong attack. Forget about light attacks because your opponent will get hurt by the first blow but usually manage to block the next two.
    - After impacting with your strong attack, back up and repeat the same cycle until your opponent is down.

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    Get behind them. Weaving in and out like amazingsalesman said and getting behind is the most effective.
    @LLlaxmep: Actually, I quite liked the fighting. It was realistic and quite fun to get April to kick ass
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

you see, not like i'm bragging or anything, but i consider myself a seasoned action player and imo that fighting was completely pointless - simplistic, one-button'ish and outright boring, not to mention it didn't contribute one bit to the development of the story.
    as far as i understand it, funcom' goal with this stuff was to improve on classic adventure experience and deliver something new and for the broader auditory. instead all they accomplished was alienating their core adventure game fans.

p.s. here's some dreamfall fighting:
    Vinnie
    Dagram Yiru (now, this i don't advise anybody to try to repeat - it took me forty minutes on a successfull try, and i nearly destroyed my fingers in the process . it also bugs the game and you'd have to reload anyway)

so, kat, you call THAT "fighting", huh?

Quote Originally Posted by LLlaxmep View Post
    Dagram Yiru (now, this i don't advise anybody to try to repeat - it took me forty minutes on a successfull try, and i nearly destroyed my fingers in the process . it also bugs the game and you'd have to reload anyway)

Holy crap!! How on earth did you manage to do that? You should show this to Funcom!

And do you think you could try this with the big troll in the caves?
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post

Holy crap!! How on earth did you manage to do that? You should show this to Funcom!

And do you think you could try this with the big troll in the caves?
    he's been known to be ko'able for some time, i'm not even sure if i'm the first to report that. actually, it's not hard at all, just really time consuming. there's pretty small error margin though, as that dude kills zoe in two swings.
    no luck with cave troll - those have a huge swing arc and can't be dodged, and they are also uninterruptible, even with a strong attack.
    as the matter of a fact, there was a trainer for DF i think that allows any opponents to be one-shot, you can search this sub-forum for a link if you are interested. it doesn't work with steam version though, so i haven't tried it personally.

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    you see, not like i'm bragging or anything, but i consider myself a seasoned action player and imo that fighting was completely pointless - simplistic, one-button'ish and outright boring, not to mention it didn't contribute one bit to the development of the story.
    as far as i understand it, funcom' goal with this stuff was to improve on classic adventure experience and deliver something new and for the broader auditory. instead all they accomplished was alienating their core adventure game fans.

p.s. here's some dreamfall fighting:
    Vinnie

so, kat, you call THAT "fighting", huh?
    Ooh! Cool vids!
    I added you! (irrelevant)

I know that the fighting wasn't brilliant but I didn't mind it. I'm not fantastic at fighting on games (though I'm okay) and I agree that it could have been better but it was still kinda fun.
    Plus, what else is there to do whilst waiting for chapters?
    And besides, if the fighting appeals to a larger range of gamers, then I don't really see the problem with it If it means more fans to bully Ragnar into making Chapters, then I say: excellent!

The second vid was really funny!
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

he's been known to be ko'able for some time, i'm not even sure if i'm the first to report that.
    Yes it was you, because I remember first seeing the video.
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    “Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.”

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    And besides, if the fighting appeals to a larger range of gamers, then I don't really see the problem with it If it means more fans to bully Ragnar into making Chapters, then I say: excellent!
    i agree, even though i'm not so sure DF combat really contributed to the noble goal of making people bully Ragnar. i guess we all agree that all that action stuff in DF could have been done a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    Plus, what else is there to do whilst waiting for chapters?
    well, now that you put it that way, i did spend several hours of my life on that Yiru dude . however, if you are looking for better ways of passing time while waiting for chapters and are not affraid of putting your reflexes to work i would recommend Beyond Good and Evil and Mass Effect .