Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Marcus, is Zack?

Weird because in TLJ Marcus was a priest but in Dreamfall Marcus looked like a hobo :P

But I'm still wondering about who that guy with the pizza is...

And damn, Victory Hotel looks f*ck'd up in Dreamfall..
    " They say that every story has a beginning and an end, but sometimes the two are one at the same time "

- Zoe Castillo

" Players do not play a game because the star is the 'wrong' gender. I don't believe that for a second "

- Ragnar TÝrnquist

Minor spoiler alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Weird because in TLJ Marcus was a priest but in Dreamfall Marcus looked like a hobo :P
    It's mentioned by Charlie that Marcus'd been or is still a drug addict. I don't think "the improved Amathin" ,as mentioned by April just before travelling into space, does well for the body and mind .
    [offtopic] - Still, I don't understand why Marcus'd sell out ZoŽ, considering the amount of money promised. I'd hide my information from those twins - after all, they needed something from him, not the other way around - [/offtopic]

But I'm still wondering about who that guy with the pizza is...
    Zack, of course . OK, that was a wish of mine. He's stupid enough !

And damn, Victory Hotel looks f*ck'd up in Dreamfall..
    Years of neglect and improper management don't do places well

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    April made it pretty clear that it f*&ks up people BIG TIME, so yeah. By the way, in TLJ, if you click on him, April will start saying: 'this is my..." and then she stops and corrects herself: "Emma's friend, really". Looks like she wasn't too fond of him from the beginning.

We still don't know how much he was paid already, so...

P.S. Those off-topic brackets aren't necessary. Aside from being a realm of spoilers, the whole forum is also a realm of off-topic, that's pretty much the default mode here. We're slowly and slyly trying to implement this improvement over at the new forums as well.
    Clear. I'll spoil and be off-topic continuously !

Still, had I been Marcus at the time ZoŽ was in my room, I'd try to find a way to get both ZoŽ's cash and the twins' cash. But maybe it's got something to do with the Dreamer devices as well, as far as I know they can be used to implement thoughts in subjects as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nilaii View Post
    Zack, of course . OK, that was a wish of mine. He's stupid enough !
    I seem to remember that the pizza guy is called Vinnie.

And for those who didn't realise: in TLJ, Marcus is voiced by Ragnar Tornquist. And in my opinion it's some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, but there we go.

[ontopic] Of course Marcus is Zack... When it comes down to it, every character is every other character [/ontopic]

Clear. I'll spoil and be off-topic continuously !
    ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Still, had I been Marcus at the time ZoŽ was in my room, I'd try to find a way to get both ZoŽ's cash and the twins' cash. But maybe it's got something to do with the Dreamer devices as well, as far as I know they can be used to implement thoughts in subjects as well...
    It's an interesting point -- granted that Marcus is most likely the one who alerted the twins, why didn't he try to play Zoe along and keep her there longer, especially given that (a) it'd be easier to hide her Dreamer-connected body at the hotel than at the bar and (b) that'd give him a chance to steal her stuff.

Hmm. In fact I think it makes the twins' actions even more puzzling. Can someone who has played more recently than me recall if the dreamer console was still present when Zoe woke up from her bar trip or not? I don't remember seeing it, but I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't be there (or why Zoe's body still would be there if it had been removed).
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your livesÖbe somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Weird because in TLJ Marcus was a priest
    It is a very cassock-like top. Maybe they recycled Father Raul's?

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    Hmm. In fact I think it makes the twins' actions even more puzzling. Can someone who has played more recently than me recall if the dreamer console was still present when Zoe woke up from her bar trip or not? I don't remember seeing it, but I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't be there (or why Zoe's body still would be there if it had been removed).
    I don't think the console was there. But remember that ZoŽ has innate capabilities as a Dreamer. She probably doesn't really need the console, and it just functions the same way the Cortez did when he opened April's shift for her. It's just a way to get her going, and once she is the console can be removed.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    I don't think the console was there. But remember that ZoŽ has innate capabilities as a Dreamer. She probably doesn't really need the console, and it just functions the same way the Cortez did when he opened April's shift for her. It's just a way to get her going, and once she is the console can be removed.
    Right. But why would the Twins leave her there? In most of the previous instances it seemed like the console had to remain attached in order to keep the subject in the dream state.

So either they thought that it was finished (Peats had eaten her dreams) -- which they should have known wasn't the case, as they should have been in contact with him, like they were at the apartment -- in which case taking the console away makes sense, but leaving Zoe's body behind seems odd (wouldn't someone get suspicious? Though leaving the console behind until she was discovered would have been worse, of course.) Or they realised that something was different and Peats couldn't get at her -- in which case they definitely should have tried to grab her physically instead.

Maybe the logistics of getting her physical body out of the bar were too complicated -- but this just makes it harder to understand why Marcus didn't try harder to keep her at the hotel.

On the other hand, he DID just get punched in the face. (At least in my playthrough.) So maybe he wasn't thinking too clearly, and the twins just had to make the best of a bad situation and hope they'd be able to do something more permanent about her later.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your livesÖbe somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    On the other hand, he DID just get punched in the face. (At least in my playthrough.) So maybe he wasn't thinking too clearly, and the twins just had to make the best of a bad situation and hope they'd be able to do something more permanent about her later.
    Good point. As far as he knew, he couldn't handle Zoe on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Good point. As far as he knew, he couldn't handle Zoe on his own.
    It wouldn't make sense if you had been "nice" to him, just offering him the cash. Completely agree that it would seem much likelier to doublecross had ZoŽ punched him....

I think everyone is alike in this game.
    :OutATime: