Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marcus, is Zack?

Yeah, I can imagine Zack being so changed by his actions and their results in TLJ that he busts in and saves the day in DF.

lol, maaybe not. Zack's too self-centred (plus being dead might hamper any heroics he might try slightly )

Quote Originally Posted by Cazamelia View Post
    lol, maaybe not. Zack's too self-centred (plus being dead might hamper any heroics he might try slightly )
    I don't agree. He might very well be an asshole, but I think he's an honest asshole. He doesn't really want to hurt anyone, just make their life a bit more difficult.
    Also, there's no real proof he's dead. Emma's not, after all, and she got shot too.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Do you reckon he at least wanted April to get arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Do you reckon he at least wanted April to get arrested?
    Yes, I guess that's fair to assume. But in his defence, he probably got the impression that she'd done something illigal.
    April Ryan is my friend,

Fodderhunter *carries net cheshirekat101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokkou View Post
    Ah, don't take me wrong. I'm not saying Emma never believed April, in fact she started to believe what April said during the same conversation. I simply find it funny how they in Dreamfall make it seem like Charlie, the cute cuddly guy that he really is, didn't believe April at all =(
    Yeah I didn't like that. Also they make him really down in DF. But I guess it's because he stayed on at The Fringe instead of fufilling his dream, right? That's bound to make someone depressed and skeptical. Also, April vanished. She was supposed to be the love of his life and all, I understand. Did this make him just go into some sort of mental shut-down and lose all the faith he had in April in the first game? He seemed pretty happy in that one, joking and such, yet in the second he was really sad.

Also, I kind of like Zack, I mean I know he's bigheaded and cocky, but I think he could be sweet if he wanted. I just reckon he's selfish. And I think there's more to the way he feels about April than he lets on, I mean he is constantly hitting on her and asking where she is (he says he wouldn't wait around for her but I bet he would ^^) and I think he's just really practiced at hiding his feelings about her to be "cool". I reckon he got mad at April (if you chose the "date" option) for kicking him in the crotch, because he knew he was being too forward and was partly mad at himself. The "standing him up" option he's mad just because he's selfish and vengeful on the surface, I don't think it's really a malicious intent.

Or maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic ^.~
    Last edited by cheshirekat101; 05-19-2009 at 06:19 PM.
    "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    they make him really down in DF. But I guess it's because he stayed on at The Fringe instead of fufilling his dream, right? That's bound to make someone depressed and skeptical. Also, April vanished. She was supposed to be the love of his life and all, I understand. Did this make him just go into some sort of mental shut-down and lose all the faith he had in April in the first game? He seemed pretty happy in that one, joking and such, yet in the second he was really sad.
    When I first played DF, I was saying: 'Wow. I can't believe how different Charlie sounds. That actor is AMAZING!', until I found it was actually a different actor.

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat101 View Post
    Also, I kind of like Zack, I mean I know he's bigheaded and cocky, but I think he could be sweet if he wanted. I just reckon he's selfish. And I think there's more to the way he feels about April than he lets on, I mean he is constantly hitting on her and asking where she is (he says he wouldn't wait around for her but I bet he would ^^) and I think he's just really practiced at hiding his feelings about her to be "cool". I reckon he got mad at April (if you chose the "date" option) for kicking him in the crotch, because he knew he was being too forward and was partly mad at himself. The "standing him up" option he's mad just because he's selfish and vengeful on the surface, I don't think it's really a malicious intent.

Or maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic ^.~
    I'm kind of with you there. Kind of. He's one of those people that you're sure is a nice enough bloke deep, DEEP down, but has built up layers of shittiness on the outside for some reason. Sometimes I find it isn't worth trying to get through all those layers, and Zack pretty much proved it when he dobbed April in to the Vanguard. Still, although it didn't bother me at the time, I sort of wish we'd found out how Zack ended up after being shot in TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    I'm kind of with you there. Kind of. He's one of those people that you're sure is a nice enough bloke deep, DEEP down, but has built up layers of shittiness on the outside for some reason. Sometimes I find it isn't worth trying to get through all those layers, and Zack pretty much proved it when he dobbed April in to the Vanguard. Still, although it didn't bother me at the time, I sort of wish we'd found out how Zack ended up after being shot in TLJ.
    Same. He felt sorry for what he did, at least that's something. Actually, to be perfectly honest, I was more upset about him and Flipper than about Emma (well, I knew she was ok anyway) because we'd learnt more about those characters and I'd felt like I was beginning to understand them, but I didn't really know Emma. I didn't think she had a big enough role in the game, personnally, considering she was April's best friend and all. Plus, Burns was just cool!

And I thought Zack was kinda cute ^.~

I wish we could know what had happened to Mickey.

Also, (I don't know if this is a well known thing) after starting to play the game for the second time, I noticed that one of the programmes/films Fiona mentions that she and Mickey are going to watch is The Victory Hotel.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." (Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
    Squishy

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    I don't agree. He might very well be an asshole, but I think he's an honest asshole. He doesn't really want to hurt anyone, just make their life a bit more difficult.
    Also, there's no real proof he's dead. Emma's not, after all, and she got shot too.
    I'm just assuming he died but you could be right about him surviving, Emma did (but you're told later that she only just made it...) I'm hoping we'll find out more about Zack and the others, and what happened at the Border House after April left in Chapters? Maybe April will end up back in Stark, if only by accident, and be forced to confront her past there.....if she is Lady Alvane in the future she'd have to go back to Stark at some point or how would she know Emma was ok, and that Charlie and Fiona were angry?

I didn't like Zack much but I don't think he would have sold April out to the Vanguard had he known how dangerous the situation was. He says himself April was only meant to be arrested and nobody was supposed to get hurt. He does try to explain himself as well and does seem to be sorry......................

I didn't like Zack much but I don't think he would have sold April out to the Vanguard had he known how dangerous the situation was. He says himself April was only meant to be arrested and nobody was supposed to get hurt. He does try to explain himself as well and does seem to be sorry......................
    Oddly enough, Burns did exactly the same thing with the same consequences and I loved both those characters. I don't think Marcus is Zack, though, that wouldn't really make sense, but I see how people think that he could be. The Marcus in DF is radically different to the one in TLJ. And Zack does look more like DF Marcus. They can't be the same person, though. Too weird.
    Squishy

if she is Lady Alvane in the future she'd have to go back to Stark at some point or how would she know Emma was ok, and that Charlie and Fiona were angry?
    Through the powers of a little thing I like to call Time-Fooleryô.

if she is Lady Alvane in the future she'd have to go back to Stark at some point or how would she know Emma was ok, and that Charlie and Fiona were angry?
    It's a loop isn't it?
    She goes to LA who tells her that C and F are angry and E is okay, then when she's older she meets with her younger self coming through that door and tells her that C and F are angry and E is okay, then the 'next' (although still current) April gets older and tells herself that C and F are angry and E is okay...etc.
    Bearing in mind that this is all happening at the same moment in time and with the same person.
    I hate 'Time Travel' I really do.
    Squishy

Uh oh, April created a time paradox!?!

She goes to LA who tells her that C and F are angry and E is okay, then when she's older she meets with her younger self coming through that door and tells her that C and F are angry and E is okay, then the 'next' (although still current) April gets older and tells herself that C and F are angry and E is okay...etc.
    Bearing in mind that this is all happening at the same moment in time and with the same person. I hate 'Time Travel' I really do.
    "Time to jump in, time to jump through time......I'm dizzy!"

She knows that Emma is alive because ZoŽ told her. She might also have told her something that lead her to believe that Charlie got angry, but Fiona's the real problem. ZoŽ couldn't have known about her.

Uh oh, April created a time paradox!?!
    Won't be a paradox if Lady Alvane isn't April
    April Ryan is my friend,

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    She knows that Emma is alive because ZoŽ told her. She might also have told her something that lead her to believe that Charlie got angry, but Fiona's the real problem. ZoŽ couldn't have known about her.
    Yes...I dont understand how Lady Alvane or Zoe could have known about Fiona...unless Lady Alvane is April and April goes back to Stark at some point, or Lady Alvane isn't April and has other sources of information............makes me wonder who she really is.

Won't be a paradox if Lady Alvane isn't April
    True