Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus, is Zack?

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Yeah, April's was 201 (not 206 ). I'm just not sure what Emma's was.
    Nyah~ you caught me =p But yeah, as soon as I had typed 206 that scary scene when Faith point the direction came to my mind, and I remembered >.>
    "One of the test monkeys slipped on a banana peel and broke its neck. It was both tragic, and hysterical."

This is a rather strange discussion. Well now I know the real reason April stayed away from Stark - to avoid Marcus! I really think you guys are over-thinking things though. Ragnar is a writer and sometimes they like to avoid complications and for Zoe to be drugged by the Twins she had to be betrayed by Marcus so that's why he was in April's room. It just skips some steps, it's not a conspiracy.

Here's a question, wasn't the picture of April, Emma, and Charlie with April at the end of TLJ? So how did it end up in her closet? The picture of them in TLJ and Dreamfall is the same one, right?
    That's easy for you to say. There's meaning to your existence. Me? I wasn't who I thought I was. I honestly have no idea who I am anymore. Everyone kept telling me I was important, that I was needed. Then one day, I...wasn't. I was just lost. So don't tell me I'm free. Don't tell me to go live my life. You don't know. You have a purpose.
    - April Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by EchoingRaven View Post
    Here's a question, wasn't the picture of April, Emma, and Charlie with April at the end of TLJ? So how did it end up in her closet? The picture of them in TLJ and Dreamfall is the same one, right?
    There's some discussion of that in the article on the wiki.

Dreamfall makes assumptions about your choices in TLJ. It assumes April tells Emma and Charlie about Arcadia for the conversations in the Fringe and to advance the plot.

It also assumes you never picked up the Photo (since there was no use for it).

I think there are a few others, such as it makes the assumption you selected to work that extra shift in TLJ and not stay home to watch a film.

I always thought it made made sense that the photo was there, and Marcus kept it.

What puzzles me, is that air vent/fan that was in Aprils wall, is now gone.

I don't think you even could choose to make April tell Charlie and Emma about Arcadia in TLJ, you could just make her promise that she'd tell them later but she never gets the chance to do that.

And April spent most of the early parts of TLJ complaining how small her room was and that everyone else had a much better one too, unless there is some creepy thing because he loved her he's a pretty stupid bugger to choose that room.

I think they could probably claim it was just two different photos too, it's a fair bit different. April having another photo of them hidden somewhere in her closet doesn't seem too unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-m View Post
    Dreamfall makes assumptions about your choices in TLJ. It assumes April tells Emma and Charlie about Arcadia for the conversations in the Fringe and to advance the plot.

It also assumes you never picked up the Photo (since there was no use for it).

I think there are a few others, such as it makes the assumption you selected to work that extra shift in TLJ and not stay home to watch a film.
    Does it?

In TLJ, when you do decide to tell Emma and Charlie the truth, April still doesn't mention Arcadia. She just says that she has been chosen to save the world and that Cortez drafted her.

Also, in TLJ when April tells Charlie and Emma about the stuff that's happened, Emma is the one who's not believeing it while Charlie does, however in Dreamfall it's Emma who never doubted April while Charlie apparently did.^^

Yeah, found it...

Emma's reaction:
    Stop kidding around, April. We're serious.
    Look, April... if you're having some kind of nervous breakdown, we'll do anything to --

Charlie's reaction:
    I believe you, April.
    If you believe it, I believe it.

While in Dreamfall....

Charlie: This is where it gets complicated. She (April) spoke about another world. A sort of, parallel magical dimension. We didn't believe--
    Emma: You didn't believe her, Charlie. I never doubted her.

------

As for how Emma knew the name "Arcadia" however, I think it'd be fair to assume that she heard it from someone else. Remember that she had spoken with other people who had also visited Arcadia, so most likely at least one of them had told her the name of the world.
    Last edited by Hokkou; 03-20-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    "One of the test monkeys slipped on a banana peel and broke its neck. It was both tragic, and hysterical."

There is a possibility that after April vanished that Emma believed it to be true or at least gave up on that doubt.

Also, the whole Marcus thing in April's room.. it could be a coincidence to have that room there for him with all the others being basically test rooms for The Dreamer. Perhaps he chose to live there after she had gone...

OR...

Since he came in with the Twins to attack Zoe, they could've been staying in April's room to investigate her since she is a Shifter....

.... no?.... OK, Im out of ideas. So much for me trying to defend the plot mistakes from TLJ to Dreamfall.

Ah, don't take me wrong. I'm not saying Emma never believed April, in fact she started to believe what April said during the same conversation. I simply find it funny how they in Dreamfall make it seem like Charlie, the cute cuddly guy that he really is, didn't believe April at all =(

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    April spent most of the early parts of TLJ complaining how small her room was and that everyone else had a much better one too, unless there is some creepy thing because he loved her he's a pretty stupid bugger to choose that room.
    Hey, good point! It doesn't look any smaller than the others. I must remember to check it out in DreamView when I finally get a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkou View Post
    As for how Emma knew the name "Arcadia" however, I think it'd be fair to assume that she heard it from someone else. Remember that she had spoken with other people who had also visited Arcadia, so most likely at least one of them had told her the name of the world.
    Gordon mentioned Arcadia just before shooting her, but didn't tell them anything about what it was. The talking to other people that'd visited Arcadia sounded like something that'd happened once she began searching for anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8
    Hey, good point! It doesn't look any smaller than the others. I must remember to check it out in DreamView when I finally get a new computer.
    I just had a look in Dreamview, it looks like it's very slightly smaller than Charlie's room, nothing like how much it sounded like it should've been in TLJ. I think she might've mentioned a private bathroom or something like that in Charlie's room in TLJ too, there's no sign of that there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Gordon mentioned Arcadia just before shooting her, but didn't tell them anything about what it was. The talking to other people that'd visited Arcadia sounded like something that'd happened once she began searching for anything about it.
    Ah, that's true, he did... Had totally forgotten that =p
    But even if she didn't pay attention to what Gordon said, I'd say Emma'd be able to search for and find people who knew about Acradia even if she herself didn't know the name. She'd just have to look for people who had "seen another world", no need for the name to do that ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Barentity View Post
    Does it?
    In TLJ, when you do decide to tell Emma and Charlie the truth, April still doesn't mention Arcadia.....
    she doesnt ? its been a while since I played it. Dreamfall at least takes the line you where honest with them, and dont just tekk them you have been working lol

Sierra's Sancuary

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Barentity View Post
    Zack and Marcus both appeared in The Longest Journey - not in the same room at the same time, but still, there was no obvious connection between them.

Strangely, though, I neglected to include Zack in my all-encompassing theory.
    That's some good work there buddy... If it weren't more obvious I could have done that on my own. Thankyou for your insight.

I found it weird how the rooms looked more or less the same size too. Zack obviously isnt Marcus but I can see similarities. Marcus in dreamfall did remind me of Zack in TLJ in the way he talked and acted....his personality had certainly changed from TLJ
    He used to be friends with Emma, although I guess not anymore, so maybe that has something to do with why he didn't throw out the picture?.....or maybe it was just stored there and forgotten about, or he put it there before he got into amathyn(sp?)

I think Marcus is worse than Zack was in some ways. As much as I dislike Zack, I think he only meant to get April in trouble, and he might have thought twice if he'd known what the real consequences would be. He seemed genuinely shocked when April mentioned about Emma. Whereas Marcus is quite happy to betray Zoe and deliberately put her in danger.