Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: iPhone version?

  1. #16
    Warrior Dreamer MissionVao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK, Stark
    Posts
    2,352
    Ah, now I see..
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    “Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.”

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    129

    MYST works well on the iPhone; why not TLJ?

    Now that MYST has shown how these sorts of adventure games can work very well on the iPhone (MYST looks beautiful on the iPhone and has sold LOTS of copies), has anyone heard talk of creating a TLJ iPhone app? I'd love to be able to carry TLJ with me wherever i go.

  3. #18
    Warrior Dreamer MissionVao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK, Stark
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by lmiller View Post
    Now that MYST has shown how these sorts of adventure games can work very well on the iPhone (MYST looks beautiful on the iPhone and has sold LOTS of copies), has anyone heard talk of creating a TLJ iPhone app? I'd love to be able to carry TLJ with me wherever i go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Oh that would be so wonderful!!!!!! I'd even buy iphone only for that
    Oh and, I'd probably go and show it to everyone, let them play a little and then: Sorry! For demonstration only! Get the PC game!
    Reasons, I'm against this idea.
    1, I-Phones are tacky.
    2, I-Phones are rubbish.
    3, I-Phones are expensive, tacky, rubbish.
    4, Apple is like the Empire from Starwars, they are evil!

    There's a lot of other reasons! But, I could go on all day about them.
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    “Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.”

  4. #19
    Script Pixie wandrew8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,702
    I still worry that the screen, while generous for a mobile, would be too small to play TLJ.

    That said, nothing's stopping you from trying to put an iPhone version together. I'm sure Ragnar, while not officially condoning it, would be all over it like the proverbial fat kid on a cupcake. I'm trying to remember if anyone had success trying to get TLJ working through Wine...

  5. #20
    evolutionary sleeper
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    between the wheels
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    I still worry that the screen, while generous for a mobile, would be too small to play TLJ.

    That said, nothing's stopping you from trying to put an iPhone version together. I'm sure Ragnar, while not officially condoning it, would be all over it like the proverbial fat kid on a cupcake. I'm trying to remember if anyone had success trying to get TLJ working through Wine...
    Actually, I'm not sure. I have a Nokia E51 with a 320x240 screen, and I tried to play Sam&Max Hit the Road on it - it looked great and it would have been very enjoyable if I had a good control device. The iPhone resolution is smallert than TLJ's native screen size though, so that's why I'm in doubt.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

  6. #21
    Helpless dragon Skizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionVao View Post
    Apple is like the Empire from Starwars, they are evil!
    This theme keeps coming back on this forum, doesn't it?
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

  7. #22
    Warrior Dreamer MissionVao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK, Stark
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
    This theme keeps coming back on this forum, doesn't it?
    Yes.... Yes, it does!
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    “Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.”

  8. #23
    Mad Hatta LLlaxmep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
    This theme keeps coming back on this forum, doesn't it?
    you dont' know the half of it
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

  9. #24
    Helpless dragon Skizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by LLlaxmep View Post
    Pfff. What a ridiculous suggestion. The Vagabond is obviously Master Yoda. The cane is a dead giveaway.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

  10. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    129

    TLJ for iPhone soon?

    So, what's the status of The Longest Journey for the iPhone? Surely there's no longer an excuse for not developing an iPhone version? It would be a goldmine for FunCom.

  11. #26
    Script Pixie wandrew8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,702
    Quote Originally Posted by lmiller View Post
    So, what's the status of The Longest Journey for the iPhone? Surely there's no longer an excuse for not developing an iPhone version? It would be a goldmine for FunCom.
    Oops! I should have posted this over here as well:

    You mentioned in a previous answer the idea of TLJ on the iPad. Are we talking pipe-dream or something you're seriously working towards, here?
    Two days ago, I played a pre-Alpha version of The Longest Journey on the iPhone 4. In an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant. So yeah, it could happen. Seriously.
    RagnarTornquist answered 2ndthought

  12. #27
    Dreamer ravenwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Oops! I should have posted this over here as well:

    You mentioned in a previous answer the idea of TLJ on the iPad. Are we talking pipe-dream or something you're seriously working towards, here?
    Two days ago, I played a pre-Alpha version of The Longest Journey on the iPhone 4. In an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant. So yeah, it could happen. Seriously.
    RagnarTornquist answered 2ndthought
    Wow! That is so exciting! After I play Monkey Islands on my phone, I might be able to carry TLJ where ever I go?! Please Ragnar, purty pls!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

  13. #28
    Warrior Dreamer MissionVao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK, Stark
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Oops! I should have posted this over here as well:

    You mentioned in a previous answer the idea of TLJ on the iPad. Are we talking pipe-dream or something you're seriously working towards, here?
    Two days ago, I played a pre-Alpha version of The Longest Journey on the iPhone 4. In an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant. So yeah, it could happen. Seriously.
    RagnarTornquist answered 2ndthought
    I'm happy they're taking TLJ to other platforms. But I hope they would consider bringing it to the Android and RIM as well. Because, there's no way on earth I would consider buying that fruity phone.
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    “Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.”

  14. #29
    Script Pixie wandrew8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,702
    It could have been a fan port. Sometimes you just need to take a little initiative...

  15. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    129

    TLJ anywhere, anytime

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    Wow! That is so exciting! After I play Monkey Islands on my phone, I might be able to carry TLJ where ever I go?! Please Ragnar, purty pls!
    I have to say, the great appeal to me of having TLJ on my iPhone (or Android) is that I can have it with me anywhere, anytime. TLJ is a game that I just always want to go back to.

    I just downloaded "Under a Steel Sky." After I finish it, I'll play either "Monkey Island" or "Broken Sword" on my iPhone.

    Is anyone else eagerly awaiting the release of Riven for the iPhone????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •