Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Undreaming and Wati Corp

The Undreaming and Wati Corp

Hello everyone.. After playing the dreamfall for the thousandth time I noticed a few new things.( maybe we all pretty much know this but, this forum was dead for many months anyway)

First of all I noticed that Dreamer Consoles have the same shape as the undreaming.

Second: I noticed that Zoe cannot go to the Arcadia without a dreamer console or without the help of faith.

Third: Undreaming is unchained after the Death of Zoe not after Brians encounter with it.

I know my point is kinda vague, but I have a feeling that undreaming might be manipulating Zoe to get April killed. Which means that whole thing might be a set up.

Zoe arrived in arcadia and asked so many questions about April. In the end she got the attention of April. (Who told Zoe to do this? Faith!)After meeting Zoe, April got all confused and she decided to speak with the guardian.( I have still no idea why this has happened). She started her journey 3 days late. She was nearly gonna get caught by Kian.

Well after that part it gets confusing but in long story short, I believe that Zoe was unknowingly working for the bad guys all along!!! (that might explain the "Careful that it is not him" part. Otherwise that entire part in the Stark was kinda useless).
    Last edited by Profc; 11-05-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Profc View Post

Third: Undreaming is unchained after the Death of Zoe not after Brians encounter with it.

While this sounds intriguing I don't think it is accurate. Brian encounters the undreaming and probably caused to unchain it in 1933 (or whenever he was passing the divide). back then Zoe didnt even exist. So, the theory that the undreaming did somethigng to Westhouse is a very strong point whereas your theory looks weak due to the date difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickless_One View Post
    I ate red and green apple this morning... OH MY GOD the dragons' spirits are fighting in my stomach!!1!l! ... I mean like people... restrain that wild imagination of yours a little bit ok?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    While this sounds intriguing I don't think it is accurate. Brian encounters the undreaming and probably caused to unchain it in 1933 (or whenever he was passing the divide). back then Zoe didnt even exist.
    but time supposedly doesn't matter at all in Storytime .

Quote Originally Posted by LLlaxmep View Post
    but time supposedly doesn't matter at all in Storytime .

Also Vagoband never mentioned anything about Undreaming getting unchained in the prologue. He just said "It is here" " What have you done, What have you done". I guess Undreaming was always free to roam in the storytime.

Also Vagoband never mentioned anything about Undreaming getting unchained in the prologue. He just said "It is here" " What have you done, What have you done". I guess Undreaming was always free to roam in the storytime.
    Vagabond also said "You cannot be here - it will find you" which probably means that Undreaming cannot find and enter Storytime on its own - it's Brian' presence in there that somehow makes it possible. that's how i understood it anyway.

That part is kinda confusing.(actually the ending is even more confusing)

before 1933 undreaming was chained

after 1933 undreaming tainted Brain

300 years Brain have finally reached to Arcadia

After the silencing process of the Dragons Undreaming become unchained?? (We have no idea when it actually got unchained)

3 monts after the death of Zoe the tower has been completed. ( So it is definately unchained before the Death of Zoe. (probably when it first encountered Brian or when it killed the dragons). But what the hell it is going to do for the next three months? Grab a pocket of chips and wait until the tower is completed?

before 1933 undreaming was chained

after 1933 undreaming tainted Brain

300 years Brain have finally reached to Arcadia

After the silencing process of the Dragons Undreaming become unchained?? (We have no idea when it actually got unchained)

3 monts after the death of Zoe the tower has been completed. ( So it is definately unchained before the Death of Zoe. (probably when it first encountered Brian or when it killed the dragons). But what the hell it is going to do for the next three months? Grab a pocket of chips and wait until the tower is completed?
    again, if our time has no meaning in Storytime, as Vagabond said, then all those "when"s, "after"s and "x-years-later"s can easily be explained. try to imagine our world as a video tape of sorts: for those who live on the tape time is consistent, it just flows and we can do nothing about it. however, for those who watch the moview from auditorium (Storytime) our time is something that can be stopped, rewinded and so on. what's more, our time can actually be viewed all at once from there - it's like this: if you look at the tape itself, you'll see many different frames on it. now try to imagine looking at all of those frames at once - that should give you an idea on how our world would look like to somebody who was outside of our time/space.

now, imagine there are two such tapes - Stark and Arcadia. if some people - Zoe, April and Westhouse - can move from tape to tape via auditorium and have no direct control over which point they actually re-enter the tape at, then all your questions can easily be answered. April travels by creating a "shortcut" between the worlds and never actually moves around in Storytime. Zoe always ends up "where she's needed the most" - that, i guess, includes exact points in time as well. and Westhouse actually does get "unstuck from time" (he said that himself in TLJ) in Storytime - he leaves Stark in 1933, gets hugged by the Undreaming, and enters Arcadia 300 years later by Stark/Arcadia time reconing.
    Last edited by LLlaxmep; 11-05-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Zo isn't dead!
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.

Second: I noticed that Zoe cannot go to the Arcadia without a dreamer console or without the help of faith.
    It's been a while now (so I don't remember exactly), but I don't think she needed a dreamer console to visit Faith in the closing chapter. But it was always Faith who sent her on to Arcadia, yes.

We don't know exactly when the Undreaming was unchained as it was only 'announced' after the credits had rolled, besides which we don't know what it means to look for its effects in game. All we really know about it is what Brian overheard the monks whispering about his journey: "The undreaming will be unleashed".

The only role I can see Zoe having had in its release is by not stopping the launch of Dreamtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    It's been a while now (so I don't remember exactly), but I don't think she needed a dreamer console to visit Faith in the closing chapter. But it was always Faith who sent her on to Arcadia, yes.
    She did. That's when Helena over dosed her.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    We don't know exactly when the Undreaming was unchained as it was only 'announced' after the credits had rolled, besides which we don't know what it means to look for its effects in game. All we really know about it is what Brian overheard the monks whispering about his journey: "The undreaming will be unleashed".
    The Vagabond first mentions it in the epilogue:
    Zo: I see. What's happening? Why do we have to act?
    Vagabond: Because the undreaming is unchained.
    Other than this, I'm afraid I have nothing to add to the discussion. We don't know what exactly it means for the undreaming to be unchained. I had originally thought that it referred to the timeline becoming inconsistent as a result of April's death, since she was unable to fulfil her destiny, but I don't think this is very helpful anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Barentity View Post
    The Vagabond first mentions it in the epilogue
    Ooh, thanks. I'd forgotten about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barentity View Post
    I had originally thought that it referred to the timeline becoming inconsistent as a result of April's death, since she was unable to fulfil her destiny, but I don't think this is very helpful anymore.
    So following that thought:
    April's dead? or Zoe's going to change the past?

Highly doubt April's dead.
    She seems significantly more resilliant than your average human.

NO NO NO NO NO! Zoe is not dead! Ragnar himself said that she will be in Dreamfall Chapters! She's in a coma, that's all!

Of course, that doesn't mean she won't die and spend the remainder of the game as a spirit, or that she will ever get out of that coma. I feel sad now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DPV111 View Post
    Highly doubt April's dead.
    She seems significantly more resilliant than your average human.
    What they said. Deffinately. I'm a firm believer in the whole 'April does not die, she becomes The Lady Alvane' train.
    meow.

MY FORUM - For those who like creative writing... For anyone actually!

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/t...meister444.png