Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Brian Westhouse, bad guy?

Someone tell Jelena!

So he'd heard something. Interesting... *strokes beard*

More fuel for the "Brian as Prophet" theory then I guess?
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

I have a hard time seeing a reason to think he isn't responsible for the attack on the White Dragon. If he's not, what's the point of Zoe visiting Arcadia at all? As far as I can see the only thing she does there of any consequence is bring Brian Westhouse to the library. Unless returning Crazy Clara's "baby", making a guard fall asleep, or getting the watermill in the subterranean going has some dramatic unforeseen consequences.

But I'm still left with a problem because clearly, "the White Lady" is the one who manipulates Zoe into going after April Ryan through Faith, and the natural assumption is the White Lady = the White Dragon. But if so, then she inadvertently brings her own doom upon her. Then again, Faith is assured that Zoe "saved" April, and the White Dragon is attacked around the same time as April is "killed". So maybe the White Lady is someone else...

Since it would be too obvious to have him be a straightforward villain, my bet would be on him turning out to fulfill the same sort of function in act 3 as Gordon Holloway does in act 1, manipulated by other forces.

evolutionary sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by magritte View Post
    I have a hard time seeing a reason to think he isn't responsible for the attack on the White Dragon. If he's not, what's the point of Zoe visiting Arcadia at all? As far as I can see the only thing she does there of any consequence is bring Brian Westhouse to the library. Unless returning Crazy Clara's "baby", making a guard fall asleep, or getting the watermill in the subterranean going has some dramatic unforeseen consequences.
    That's a good line of thinking, but for two points:
    - I'm not 100% sure that she doesn't pick up information in Arcadia regarding Faith (feel free to refure me, though)
    - I'm also certain (ie. as certain as anyone can be when up against the Ragnar Engine) that her presence was vital in Apil's non-death scene

Having said that, my money is (still) on Mr. Westhouse for being the attacker, and also being the Prophet.

Since it would be too obvious to have him be a straightforward villain, my bet would be on him turning out to fulfill the same sort of function in act 3 as Gordon Holloway does in act 1, manipulated by other forces.
    If he's manipulated by the Undreaming (and who else?), then being manipulated into villainy or being a villain is hardly a difference. I think it's clear from the DF intro that Brian wasn't a bad guy initially.

Also, welcome to the Forum of Dreams
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

But I'm still left with a problem because clearly, "the White Lady" is the one who manipulates Zoe into going after April Ryan through Faith, and the natural assumption is the White Lady = the White Dragon. But if so, then she inadvertently brings her own doom upon her. Then again, Faith is assured that Zoe "saved" April, and the White Dragon is attacked around the same time as April is "killed". So maybe the White Lady is someone else...
    Play Interlude in Dreamfall Chapters Reborn and you will got clear idea about White Lady...

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Isn't that kind of a spoiler?

Oh well, whatever. Looking back now, wasn't it kind of obvious who would The White Lady be? Can't believe we spent so much time trying to figuring it out. The effect of doubt, i guess.
    So knowing who the White Lady is, are we to assume that Saga is a certain shifter? :O

I'm actually still curious about who the egg was in the first 15 minutes of TLJ. With the fact that Brian is moving through time, I've debated whether or not the egg was somehow April and that she started her entire journey by saving herself.

Unless, of course, there was some reveal I'm forgetting about that explains who the egg was and if they've been introduced yet or not. To me that is one of the biggest mysteries of the entire story: Who was the egg?